Atiba Hutchinson (another supposed target)

Skirge

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=476143&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Duo+eye+Hutchinson

Skysports.com understands West Ham and Newcastle are chasing FC Copenhagen star Atiba Hutchinson.

The powerful midfielder caught the attention of a host of clubs after impressing in last season's UEFA Champions League campaign.

Copenhagen face a fight to keep hold of Hutchinson as several sides look to lure him away to a bigger European league.

Newcastle and West Ham have been keeping tabs on the Canadian international as they look to bolster their squads.

Hutchinson's agent, Andreas Kirsch, is aware of interest from the duo and he admitted the 24-year-old would be interested in a move to England.

"There is interest from both clubs in Atiba and there is a lot of interest from English clubs in him," Kirsch told skysports.com.

"We are not in serious negotiations and we will just wait and see what happens.

"They have both scouted Atiba a long time and they have informed us of their interest.

"Atiba would love to come to England, it is one of his main goals to play in England."

German champions Stuttgart are also keen on Hutchinson and Kirsch says preliminary talks have taken place with the club.

"We are in early discussions with Stuttgart and they are keen on signing him."

Guest Bellers

getting a bit ick of Sky Sports tbh. I know the site isnt them but even SSN spouts a lot of s**** recently.

Didn't you hear? The Sky Sports website is a rehashed version of Planet Football and in fact has nothing to with Sky Sports News.

Isn't that right Dave?

Guest keego_nufc

Get this deal DONE!

This guy runs the whole Kobenhavn team

He was named in all the tournament team for the U20 WC 2003

Genius footballer, great height, great speed excellent passer.

Played Central Defender for Canada at the 2005 Gold Cup, Central Mid in 2007 Gold Cup

Central Mid is his best position

in the champs league he aalso played striker and winger.  His all around skill makes him a threat in every position.

playing winger i believe he was Man of the match vs. Man United.  Kobenhavn played him striker because of his speed and finishing ability.  Im telling you this guy is the complete footballer

I wouldn't be too surprised if he ends up to Hammers for like 6-8 millions as they seem to be paying really weird amount of money for their recruitment(since they were taken over by this bald little guy Magnusson or something). Twice the amount as anyone else even linked with a player...plus the wages of course

Julien Faubert

Craig Bellamy

Luis Boa Morte

Matt Upson

Lucas Neill

just a few to mention

Guest keego_nufc

Dont let the hammers get this guy.  Trust me I watched this guy play in the CHampions league and Gold Cup.

Him and Julian De Guzman (Deportivo) ran the show in the Gold Cup and Julian was named Most valuable player but only because Hutch had an off tournament.

Guest exilim

I would rather get hutchinson than buying the "going downhill" Deco. Save the money and buy a world class center back.

We've been linked with him over the past week or so. Strange we are also after Hangeland apparently aswell.

Maybe if they list that we are linked with the whole copenhagen side they will cover all options.

Dont know the first thing about Atiba, but he is rated highly in Canada, just missed out on player of the year to De Rosario here.

Guest keego_nufc

I dont know much about Hangeland, besides Hutchinson I thought Allback was FCK's second best player

I would rank Canada's players as this

1) Julian De Guzman

2) Atiba Hutchinson

3) De Rosario

After that just a mixed bunch of like Radzinski, Stalteri, Hume, Nsaliwa (AEK Athens)

Alot of Canadians rate edgar too even though he hasnt had a senior cap yet. 

Well Edgars got to be good, he plays for Newcastle and scored against Manchester United dont you know!

De Rosario looks talented but wasted in the MLS, and a bit lethargic when I have seen him, guilty of believing his own hype a little? Maybe I just havent seen enough of him.

Well Edgars got to be good, he plays for Newcastle and scored against Manchester United dont you know!

De Rosario looks talented but wasted in the MLS, and a bit lethargic when I have seen him, guilty of believing his own hype a little? Maybe I just havent seen enough of him.

I've seen a lot of De Rosario. He is not that good. A Championship player at best.

Problem with Canada in the Gold cup seemed to be the fact they just passed the ball down to him on the left when they had acres of space down the right.

De Rosario would try and hold up the ball or try and do something clever, either way he ended up losing the ball cheaply when better options were available.

I've seen a lot of De Rosario. He is not that good. A Championship player at best.

Agreed DeRo is a top player in the MLS, but he would be average in the EPL.

Hutchinson would be a great get, imo. I say that mostly because Edgar is making Newcastle popular in Canada, and if Hutchinson comes, maybe the team will play some preseason games over here. I can dream!  :)

Agreed DeRo is a top player in the MLS, but he would be average in the EPL.

Hutchinson would be a great get, imo. I say that mostly because Edgar is making Newcastle popular in Canada, and if Hutchinson comes, maybe the team will play some preseason games over here. I can dream!  :)

Tell me about it, I just realised the two weeks Im going back to the UK for a wedding coincides with the international break in October. Gutted.

I dont know much about Hangeland, besides Hutchinson I thought Allback was FCK's second best player

I would rank Canada's players as this

1) Julian De Guzman

2) Atiba Hutchinson

3) De Rosario

After that just a mixed bunch of like Radzinski, Stalteri, Hume, Nsaliwa (AEK Athens)

Alot of Canadians rate edgar too even though he hasnt had a senior cap yet. 

I think I would rank Olivier Occean over De Rosario. Not that I have seen many matches with Rosario though... One, maybe two.

Guest keego_nufc

De Rosario is a good player and could easily have been in the premiership

He had options with Portsmouth and Blackburn but turned them down to stay in Houston where he is settled.

In the Gold Cup he was tremendous playing on the left wing, scoring 3 goals in the process.

Occean is good I hear he is lighting up Norway and even was targeted by Glenn Roeder for us to mark him when we played them in Intertoto.  rumours are he is going to Roda JC or Ajax

De Rosario is a good player and could easily have been in the premiership

He had options with Portsmouth and Blackburn but turned them down to stay in Houston where he is settled.

Never heard that before. He had trials at Nottingham Forest and some Danish league team-- was not offered a contract at either.

Occean is good I hear he is lighting up Norway and even was targeted by Glenn Roeder for us to mark him when we played them in Intertoto.  rumours are he is going to Roda JC or Ajax

Well, he is not THAT good. I am not sure about this season, but last season he spent a lot of time on the bench. He was damn good for Odd Grenland though, before a year and a half from now.

I doubt that anyone would say no to Pompey and Blackburn to play for Houston...

My experience is that nort-americans tend to overrate their players a lot. I remember last summer in Switzerland when I spoke with an american during the WC-finale. He talked about McBride and Reyna like some of the big stars in England. When I told them both were shite he just looked at me in a weird way. Donovan and Johnson to. We talked about how the MLF (or what the fuck) is compared to english PL. He said that the english top-6 teams were way better then the american, but then it started to even out. Imagine what he'd say about their league now that they have attracted a player like Beckham.

I am not saying that all north-americans don't have a clue about football, mind. Not that anyone here doese'nt either...

I'm from Denmark and i follow the danish league, and yes Atiba is allright, but he is not even close to Emre, Dyer and Barton, and Copenhagen is asking for about £4m for him. Just forget about him, and Hangeland as well, Hangeland would be another Bramble. A good advice, don't sign players from the danish league, usually shit, except for Daniel Agger.

Well, he is not THAT good. I am not sure about this season, but last season he spent a lot of time on the bench. He was damn good for Odd Grenland though, before a year and a half from now.

I doubt that anyone would say no to Pompey and Blackburn to play for Houston...

My experience is that nort-americans tend to overrate their players a lot. I remember last summer in Switzerland when I spoke with an american during the WC-finale. He talked about McBride and Reyna like some of the big stars in England. When I told them both were shite he just looked at me in a weird way. Donovan and Johnson to. We talked about how the MLF (or what the fuck) is compared to english PL. He said that the english top-6 teams were way better then the american, but then it started to even out. Imagine what he'd say about their league now that they have attracted a player like Beckham.

I am not saying that all north-americans don't have a clue about football, mind. Not that anyone here doese'nt either...

MILF? :lol: