Legal action by Sheff Wed against fan for message board posting

BlueStar

Guest Geordiesned

They'll probably blame him for flooding their ground next!

What a bunch of fucking wankers though tbh. (Please note these are the personal views of Geordiesned and not those of Newcastle-Online :D)

We really don't need another law suit against the site atm, they're already about to launch a lawsuit against us for stalking their players and staff in Austria :lol:

Shocking actions by a football club, I'll give Shepherd credit for taking whatever came his way and I can't ever remember him complaining.

Oh. My. God.

Do you realise what you just said?

Guest Geordiesned

Shocking actions by a football club, I'll give Shepherd credit for taking whatever came his way and I can't ever remember him complaining.

:kasper:  That's either sarcasm or someone's hacked into Mick's account!

Guest hagler

We really don't need another law suit against the site atm, they're already about to launch a lawsuit against us for stalking their players and staff in Austria :lol:

and it was by our forum legends :lol:

Just as well Doug Ellis was never particularly litigious.

I'd be amazed if any club chairman anywhere, including the fragrant Mr Shepherd, got the kind of comments he got on some of our boards.

That's just ridiculous. And from a PR standpoint (which is all these corporate wankers that run football clubs these days care about) they have made a massive cock up. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I would also like to add that i fully expect Big Sam's Newcastle to play fluent, attractive, attacking football, the like of which has not been seen since the 1970's Brazilian team and not resort to shelling the opposition's penalty area with long balls for 90 minutes, which i may have previously suggested.

Oh give it a rest ffs.

As for the SW fan, obviously without transcripts of what is said it is hard to make a full judgement but i echo the comments already said in this thread.

It's a bad day for football when clubs decide to launch legal actions over there own fans for something like this. Rather petty I would say.

Guest 22bnw

Any club sueing their own fans should probably take a good look at themselves and realise they probably deserved all the insults they got.

A letter requesting an apology because someone was offended would have been enough to start with.