Heinze or Riise?

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been linked with both over the last few month, and Sam Allardyce wants one of them..

John Arne Riise: An immense physical presence, his long shots have made him famous in Anfield and has a really good technique, can also play as a LW.

Gabriel Heinze: Manchester United best player in the 2005/2006 season, suffered some injurys last season and the arrivel of Evra caused him to lose his place in the side, according to reports recently we offered 4M for his services.

I wouldn't touch Riise with a rotten stick. I fucking hate his guts to the point where it gets ridiculous.

Even if I base them on quality my choice is easlily Heinze, as he has the qualities we need right now - the defensive qualities.

Riise is good in the offensive part, but the only thing he contributes to defensivley is to whack the ball as hard as he can up the field, unless the ball is played to his feet moving forward.

He is a grade A dumbass, and I think all the Norwegians on here could easily approve that.

Heinze is much better defensively, but Riise is better going forward.

Overall I think Heinze is the more talented player, but Riise was better and played more last season, and Riise is two years younger.

Frankly I wouldn't care, both would be brilliant for us. I have no reason to believe Liverpool will sell Riise though. It'd be easier to agree a fee for Heinze, but the major job would be convincing him to take a big step down to us.

I wouldn't touch Riise with a rotten stick. I fucking hate his guts to the point where it gets ridiculous.

Even if I base them on quality my choice is easlily Heinze, as he has the qualities we need right now - the defensive qualities.

Riise is good in the offensive part, but the only thing he contributes to defensivley is to whack the ball as hard as he can up the field, unless the ball is played to his feet moving forward.

He is a grade A dumbass, and I think all the Norwegians on here could easily approve that.

Totally agree. And when he finally gets the ball up front, he just whacks it against the goal as hard as he can. Can't really remeber last time he put a cross in...

Both are grade A tossers, to be honest. Think Heinze just edges it for me tho, due to the fact that he's far more solid defensively, and can play CB.

Bridge would be miles ahead of those two combined.

Totally agree. And when he finally gets the ball up front, he just whacks it against the goal as hard as he can. Can't really remeber last time he put a cross in...

I agree with my fellow Norwegians (?) here...

I'd take Heinze, but I'd much rather have Baines or Bridge.

Neither of them really. But if I had to pick it would be Heinze.  Riise is way way overrated imho, he got a decent shot, and work hard, but that is all! He cant pass the ball, defensivly he is shite, and more out of position than Carr.  It must be a reason why Benitez is so eager to get a new left back if Riise is that "good".

I wouldn't touch Riise with a rotten stick. I f****** hate his guts to the point where it gets ridiculous.

Oh yes! He's a fucking ugly dickhead!!! Stay away!!

Neither.

Riise is a left back who can't defend and Heinze has been shite since he came back from injury.

Go for Bridge or Baines.

One game against Milan/Rest of the season. Yeah, they're the same thing. :rolleyes:

Guest teepee

i reckon both would be good for us. but i'd probably take heize as he defends better - god knows we need that these days