Manuel Da Costa bid - French media reports

Guest SwissMagpie

He is very, very good and promising. If we are talking about the PSV defender that is.

The line "He is a PSV defender" in the first post sort of points in the direction that we are probably talking about the PSV defender :razz:

He is very, very good and promising. If we are talking about the PSV defender that is.

The line "He is a PSV defender" in the first post sort of points in the direction that we are probably talking about the PSV defender :razz:

He was trying to refer to him rather than the fansfc bloke you plank. :lol:

Guest Guinness

Can't say I've seen much of him, think I saw him play in the friendly with PSV last season, but I'm not entirely certain.

I've seen quite a bit of him and never been too impressed. Alongside Alex he has done mostly well, but then again who wouldn't? When Alex was out with injury it really hurt P$V's defense and especially highlighted the inexperience in Da Costa's game.. Reports in Holland from multiple sources are saying Porto are after him as a replacement for Pepe, who has just moved to Madrid in a big money deal I believe.. It was also reported when he signed for P$V that there was a buyout clause set at 7M Euros.

rejects Lyon's offer after an offer from Man City and Newcastle made a bid.French Media reports

He is PSV defender

Please clarify...has he rejected an offer from City too?

Not that I've ever heard of the fella but still...be nice to know whats what... ???

Guest Roland

Tow games in Breda (cup and league), in both games he was horrible, 2 big errors leading to a NAC Breda goal.

He is still young and quite talented, but he should stay at PSV a few more years.

rejects Lyon's offer after an offer from Man City and Newcastle made a bid.French Media reports

He is PSV defender

Please clarify...has he rejected an offer from City too?

Not that I've ever heard of the fella but still...be nice to know whats what... ???

That's you  :laugh2:

Tow games in Breda (cup and league), in both games he was horrible, 2 big errors leading to a NAC Breda goal.

He is still young and quite talented, but he should stay at PSV a few more years.

Didn't you know? Fat Sam is King Midas in disguise...

For those who watched the European U21 championships, he was the tall, lanky central defender for Portugal. As a whole their team performance was disappointing, and I don't think Da Costa's performance was much better. Also, I don't think as is suggested earlier in this thread that he is suitable to play as a full back. I am not even convinced he is worth the reported 7M euro buyout clause at this point in time, and due to his inexperience and our need for experience in the centre back position (seeing as we already have potential in the person of Taylor) I don't think he would suit us at this point in time.. Seeing as he can stay at P$V or potentially go to Porto in his homecountry, I don't even think he would really be interested in coming to Newcastle, especially as a squad player..

Guest Verlaine

The Allardyce backlash has already begun in the Baggio household. :lol:

He is PSV defender

Any links? Again, I've looked on google.fr and typed in "Manuel da Costa Newcastle" and there's nowt mentioning it. Just like there was nowt mentioning that Roeder was getting some Swiss job when you said.

The Allardyce backlash has already begun in the Baggio household. :lol:

I'm surprised I gave him as long as I did tbh. :lol: