Kenneth Shepherd

Dragon55544

Guest Invicta_Toon

Who cares what Shepherd's job title is right now? Basically his role is that of Ex-Boss.

I think it matters to multi national development companies, the FA, the minister of sports, the treasury

Yes, but you're a moron.

well I think we've established whose opinion matters here....

Guest Invicta_Toon

Only Ashley's.

riiight. you know how the law works right? job titles are kind of an important thing so I'm told

Anyone interested enough in the club to have an opinion will be aware that Shepherd is merely being kept on temporarily -- partly out of politeness, partly because of his pay-off, and partly because he knows where the bodies are buried.

His actual job title is irrelevant.

Guest fraser

Chairman of the Board

Member of a corporation's board of directors who presides over its meetings and who is the highest ranking officer in the corporation. The chairman of the board may or may not have the most actual executive authority in a firm. The additional title of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is reserved for the principal executive, and depending on the particular firm, that title may be held by the chairman, the president, or even an executive vice president. In some corporations, the position of chairman is either a prestigious reward for a past president or an honorary position for a prominent person, a large stockholder, or a family member; it may carry little or no real power in terms of policy or operating decision making.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Anyone interested enough in the club to have an opinion will be aware that Shepherd is merely being kept on temporarily -- partly out of politeness, partly because of his pay-off, and partly because he knows where the bodies are buried.

so, when he is talking to a develoment company, or the inland revenue, or the FA, he has no legal status with which to do so?

Chairman of the Board

Member of a corporation's board of directors who presides over its meetings and who is the highest ranking officer in the corporation. The chairman of the board may or may not have the most actual executive authority in a firm. The additional title of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is reserved for the principal executive, and depending on the particular firm, that title may be held by the chairman, the president, or even an executive vice president. In some corporations, the position of chairman is either a prestigious reward for a past president or an honorary position for a prominent person, a large stockholder, or a family member; it may carry little or no real power in terms of policy or operating decision making.

Owner (Ashely)

Mort get in there as Vice chairmen find out whats, what & then let me know how many pairs of Donnay socks I need to sell.

Only Ashley's.

riiight. you know how the law works right? job titles are kind of an important thing so I'm told

No

so, when he is talking to a develoment company, or the inland revenue, or the FA, he has no legal status with which to do so?

he won't be doing any of those things. Regardless of his title, he now has no power or responsibility. Allardyce reports to someone else, and there is a new owner.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Only Ashley's.

No

he won't be doing any of those things. Regardless of his title, he now has no power or responsibility. Allardyce reports to someone else, and there is a new owner.

as if you know any different FFS

Only Ashley's.

No

as if you know any different FFS

From the person who said Shepherd was going to buy back the club. :laugh:

Guest Invicta_Toon

as if you fucking have a clue about contract law, or any fucking law for that matter

the moment someone scans an NUFC contract which doesn't have at the bottom 'Chairman: F Shepherd' at the bottom, is the day I start taking notice of you absolute numbskulls

as if you fucking have a clue about contract law, or any fucking law for that matter

the moment someone scans an NUFC contract which doesn't have at the bottom 'Chairman: F Shepherd' at the bottom, is the day I start taking notice of you absolute numbskulls

And you do? :lol:

When is Shepherd going to start his buyback btw? He'll have to get in quick, Ashley delists on Wednesday.

Guest Invicta_Toon

When is Shepherd going to start his buyback btw? He'll have to get in quick, Ashley delists on Wednesday.

yes, yes I do actually

Shepherd is Chairman in name - for NOW...

Probably given the position as an agreement with Ashley to sell his shares quickly without a battle in order to salve ego - will be astonished if he is still there after Season's end.

His son's expulsion indicates how much power Shepherd actually has now...

yes, yes I do actually

Vic, I remember when we established that Ashley was NOT the chairman of Sports World PLC, you kept banging on and on about how he'd failed as the chairman of a PLC because he was the owner and the actual chairman had no power. I'll drag up the post if you want.

Now you're claiming the exact opposite in this situation, that because Shepherd is still titled chairman, he'll still have power over the big decisions.

Can you explain that hypocrisy?

EDIT: here is the post - http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=40533.msg853447#msg853447

Guest Invicta_Toon

Shepherd is Chairman in name - for NOW...

Probably given the position as an agreement with Ashley to sell his shares quickly without a battle in order to salve ego - will be astonished if he is still there after Season's end.

His son's expulsion indicates how much power Shepherd actually has now...

well I just hope there's no business to be done in the near future, because explaining this pantomime of an organisation would put any serious businesman off tbh

"yes sir, this is frederick shepherd, chairman of he company, but dont worry, we only let him sign papers with that position, it doesn't really mean anything"

how fucking stupid are some people, seriously

Guest East Stander

Can I add to the debate please? :shifty:

Fatty Shepherd does not even have an office at SJP anymore, all his papers have been boxed up for Mort to work through.

Source? : Subject title.

Can I add to the debate please? :shifty:

Fatty Shepherd does not even have an office at SJP anymore, all his papers have been boxed up for Mort to work through.

Source? : Subject title.

Ooh, mates with Kenny. How impressive.

as if you f****** have a clue about contract law, or any f****** law for that matter

yes, yes I do actually

Vic, I remember when we established that Ashley was NOT the chairman of Sports World PLC, you kept banging on and on about how he'd failed as the chairman of a PLC because he was the owner and the actual chairman had no power. I'll drag up the post if you want.

Now you're claiming the exact opposite in this situation, that because Shepherd is still titled chairman, he'll still have power over the big decisions.

Can you explain that hypocrisy?

EDIT: here is the post - http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=40533.msg853447#msg853447

:lol: :lol: :lol: