Sam - I'm adding to squad

NSG

Link

SAM ALLARDYCE today admitted he will not be able to rest easy until September 1 – despite Michael Owen’s pledge to stay on as Newcastle United’s top striker.

The Toon manager is more concerned about losing Oba Martins than Owen after declaring to the Chronicle last month he was “100%” certain the £17m man would stay at St James’ Park.

Until the summer transfer window slams shut at midnight on August 31, however, the chances of both Martins and Owen quitting Gallowgate remain a possibility due to the get-out clauses written into their contracts.

However, Allardyce admits that, while the window is still active, he will still strive to add to his squad.

He said today: “It is a short window and a very volatile period. “Once the window shuts, we can all breath a sigh of relief. I can reiterate the fact I hope Michael enjoys pre-season with us, scores goals, enjoys his football and helps us become successful.

“We want more quality players, and we want to be a real force next season.”

The Toon boss was not at the training ground today to oversee the squad’s first session back in the UK since Austria and was thought to be undertaking “other business,” meaning he was not able to run the rule over Argentina midfield player Aldo Duscher on his first day of a trial.

The Toon boss was not at the training ground today to oversee the squad’s first session back in the UK since Austria and was thought to be undertaking “other business,” meaning he was not able to run the rule over Argentina midfield player Aldo Duscher on his first day of a trial.

at the star-studded north London event to celebrate "10 years of sporting achievement" under a Labour government.

The cash-strapped party staged the event to boost its general election war chest.

Famous faces at the fundraiser included Alex Ferguson, the manager of Manchester United, Sam Allardyce, the manager of Newcastle United, and Mick Hucknall, the singer with Simply Red.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/tonyblair/story/0,,2125661,00.html

Any idea how long the trial will be?

A week.

3 days apparently, started today.

With Sam only their for two of them? Oh good, that means Lee Clark and Terry Mac are running the rule.

"Lee Clark believes we should make this signing at all costs." Nailed on. ;)

Guest DavB93

Any idea how long the trial will be?

A week.

3 days apparently, started today.

With Sam only their for two of them? Oh good, that means Lee Clark and Terry Mac are running the rule.

"Lee Clark believes we should make this signing at all costs." Nailed on. ;)

Sam is on 'other business' it says...Round and Pearson will be around to access him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

LOL I bet there some daft fuckers in the ducher thread going on about how Fat Sam knows a good player when he sees him

he can't if he's not there!

p.s. I wonder why Sam is still hoping Owen will be here?

LOL I bet there some daft fuckers in the ducher thread going on about how Fat Sam knows a good player when he sees him

he can't if he's not there!

p.s. I wonder why Sam is still hoping Owen will be here?

Probably just a standard response since he hasnt said anything on the issue since the Owen article.

I've heard some rumour here in Austria - to be honest from the player himself - that Newcastle United are interested in Austrian defender Sebastian Prödl. The 6ft 3in centre back is currently playing for Austria's Under 20 Team in Canada (U20 WC), who have reached the Quarter-Final. He's 20 years old and playing for Sturm Graz. He's already played twice for the senior national team and is Austria hottest prospect (in the defence).

http://www.sksturm.at/content/page.asp?id=577 (here a link)

Guest DavB93

I've heard some rumour here in Austria - to be honest from the player himself - that Newcastle United are interested in Austrian defender Sebastian Prödl. The 6ft 3in centre back is currently playing for Austria's Under 20 Team in Canada (U20 WC), who have reached the Quarter-Final. He's 20 years old and playing for Sturm Graz. He's already played twice for the senior national team and is Austria hottest prospect (in the defence).

http://www.sksturm.at/content/page.asp?id=577  (here a link)

What's he like, so what did the player say. Owt concrete?

I'll take your word on that considering your recent reporting mate!  O0

Guest DavB93

I'll take your word on that considering your recent reporting mate!  O0

Definetely, top guy.

Well, he's a good friend of my best mate... so no rumour... but he said himself that some scouts of United have watched/contacted him in Canada... well, I don't know anthing else but my mate phoned me as he knows I am a toon fan...

Prödl is a huge tough tackling defender, very good in the air. Well, I am not sure if he's the guy we need, definitely a promising talent and a good back up ... but more?   

Guest SwissMagpie

Well, he's a good friend of my best mate... so no rumour... but he said himself that some scouts of United have watched/contacted him in Canada... well, I don't know anthing else but my mate phoned me as he knows I am a toon fan...

Prödl is a huge tough tackling defender, very good in the air. Well, I am not sure if he's the guy we need, definitely a promising talent and a good back up ... but more?   

maybe its Roeder who wanted him last summer and he is still scouting him.

What signings had we made this time last summer?

Don't think we'd made any. Duff was mid-July if i remember correctly...

Just thinking, I'm getting impatient as well, but we've actually handled this transfer window much better than the last few. Just the nagging issue of the defence to sort out is getting me on edge!

Guest SwissMagpie

This time last year Roeder went to see Kuyt for the 5th time. and said that we are getting closer and closer and in Pole position.

Duff signed at the end of July and was first signing.

after that Martins at end of August  was our 2nd signing.

Last day of transfer window - Sibi and Rossi.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

This time last year Roeder went to see Kuyt for the 5th time. and said that we are getting closer and closer and in Pole position.

Duff signed at the end of July and was first signing.

after that Martins at end of August  was our 2nd signing.

Last day of transfer window - Sibi and Rossi.

Bernard :-)