Premier League clubs spending.

It'll be interesting to see what happens this summer as so far we haven't done anything that couldn't have been done under the old board.

Aye, but luckily we've done things we'd have never done under the old management regime.

Guest Newbie

We are still under the old PLC board until Ashley takes us off the Stock Market

The delisting goes through next Wednesday, so we might see some major movement after then.

When are Man City de-listing?

The ability to spend isnt affected by the formalities.

BTW, i think i read somewhere on here that he had over 95% but that some people were holding on untill the very last minute so its going right to the deadline. Wonder why?

Guest Newbie

True, but as an obviously very private man I'm sure Mr Ashley is going to be much happier conducting his buisness without having to tell the world via the stock market

Guest Newbie

Well according to Moyes we've only got the money to finance one decent signing and a couple of loan deals

Exciting times for us.... :lol:

I think competing for a european place is going to get very difficult for Everton without an investment/takeover.

True, but as an obviously very private man I'm sure Mr Ashley is going to be much happier conducting his buisness without having to tell the world via the stock market

Sure he will be happier, doesnt explain why the money isnt apparently forthcoming.

Its probably because Sam is in his normal transfer window mode, picking up good players at low cost and waiting to see where the big money should be spent. Not even Keegan waved a magic wand, he took a bit of time getting it right and importantly, took his time to assess the players properly before spending big.

The earlier and the bigger the spend, the greater the risk imo.

Sure he will be happier, doesnt explain why the money isnt apparently forthcoming.

Its probably because Sam is in his normal transfer window mode, picking up good players at low cost and waiting to see where the big money should be spent. Not even Keegan waved a magic wand, he took a bit of time getting it right and importantly, took his time to assess the players properly before spending big.

Agree with that, not panicking here.

Well according to Moyes we've only got the money to finance one decent signing and a couple of loan deals

Exciting times for us.... :lol:

I think competing for a european place is going to get very difficult for Everton without an investment/takeover.

Not next season but it's only a matter of time.

Kenwright makes Doug Ellis look great.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Spurs = Bale 10m + Bent 16.5m + Kaboul 8m + Boateng 5.5m = 40m

Bale's fee COULD rise to £10m. It's currently £5m.

Agree with that, not panicking here.

No need.

Squad being strengthening and cash is there. Ashley isn't going to kick of his first season holding back if the right player comes up.

I'm guessing we'll end up spending £25m.

It is often forgotten that Spurs have the second richest individual shareholder in the English game.

He doesn't live in the UK and has no involvment in the day to day running of the club and has not funded any transfers or anything out of his own pocket iirc.

It is often forgotten that Spurs have the second richest individual shareholder in the English game.

They've spent a lot of money on players that aren't really good, just goodish.

He doesn't live in the UK and has no involvment in the day to day running of the club and has not funded any transfers or anything out of his own pocket iirc.

That would make sense, but theoretically, the money is always there.

Spurs = Bale 10m + Bent 16.5m + Kaboul 8m + Boateng 5.5m = 40m

Bale's fee COULD rise to £10m. It's currently £5m.

Most transfers are like that now yet they get reported as the full fee.

I suppose Spurs arent likely to achieve whatever the clauses are based on mind.

If only.  Joe Lewis has absolutely no interest in football in general or Spurs in particular, although his son Charlie is a keen Spurs fan.  Joe is happy just to pay £1.4m for the privilege of playing a round of golf with Tiger Woods but won't put anything towards Spurs.  He wouldn't let Spurs hit financial problems as Levy is his nephew but he'll never become an Abramovich-type figure even if Charlie and Danny boy would like him to.