And another one ............ Cannavaro

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

CANNAVARO IS REAL DEAL FOR MOURINHO

CHELSEA IN THE US: Los Angeles love-in No.2 as feuding pair call truce

Tom Hopkinson

JOSE MOURINHO is monitoring Fabio Cannavaro after it emerged Newcastle had made preliminary checks on the Real Madrid defender, writes TOM HOPKINSON.

Cannavaro (pictured right), Italy's 2006 World Cup-winning captain, only joined the Spaniards a year ago, but new Real boss Bernd Schuster has told him he can leave after capturing Christoph Metzelder from Borussia Dortmund on a free transfer and Pepe from Porto for £19million.

Agents working on Newcastle's behalf have been in contact with the 33-year-old and Toon boss Sam Allardyce's ability to attract big names in the twilight of their careers will stand the club in good stead.

But Chelsea boss Mourinho is being kept abreast of the situation and a Blues move for the defender would be likely to blow an Allardyce approach out of the water.

He would be available for nothing and Chelsea could top whatever personal terms the Magpies threw his way.

New Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri slammed suggestions Cannavaro might move to Turin.

Guest Ridzuan

What the heck? My favourite defender is being link with a move here? I hope the rumours is true and I hope that Big Sam could pull this off.

Phone rings

Mort: Hello?

Ashley: Chris, I've been sitting in my darkened room where no-one can see me all day reading the Newcastle forums - sounds like the fans aren't happy with the spending so far.

Mort: What should I do Mike?

Ashley: Phone the News of the World. Say that we are interested in Crouch, but £20m is a rip-off, that'll keep them sweet.

Mort: Freddy tells me that everyone was unhappy the last time he tried to buy Crouch.

Ashley: Oh, in that case tell them that we tried to buy Ronaldinho, but £58m was a little too much.

Mort: Wont the fans think its just paper talk?

Ashley: Oh, yes. Well in that case, after you phone NOTW, phone another paper, tell them we want Cannavaro on a free. If they don't believe one paper they'll believe the other.

Guest firetotheworks

CANNAVARO IS REAL DEAL FOR MOURINHO

CHELSEA IN THE US: Los Angeles love-in No.2 as feuding pair call truce

Tom Hopkinson

JOSE MOURINHO is monitoring Fabio Cannavaro after it emerged Newcastle had made preliminary checks on the Real Madrid defender, writes TOM HOPKINSON.

Cannavaro (pictured right), Italy's 2006 World Cup-winning captain, only joined the Spaniards a year ago, but new Real boss Bernd Schuster has told him he can leave after capturing Christoph Metzelder from Borussia Dortmund on a free transfer and Pepe from Porto for £19million.

Agents working on Newcastle's behalf have been in contact with the 33-year-old and Toon boss Sam Allardyce's ability to attract big names in the twilight of their careers will stand the club in good stead.

But Chelsea boss Mourinho is being kept abreast of the situation and a Blues move for the defender would be likely to blow an Allardyce approach out of the water.

He would be available for nothing and Chelsea could top whatever personal terms the Magpies threw his way.

New Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri slammed suggestions Cannavaro might move to Turin.

Howay then, whos the source?

being a sports journo must be ace. you literally just make shit up and put it out to press.

I'd like to know what % of newspaper transfer speculation actually becomes reality.

I suspect it would be between 1 and 5%....

Guest eyeball_tickler

if all of these deals somehow happen, we could have cannavaro, deco, etoo, ronaldinho and raul in our team for the start of the season

being a sports journo must be ace. you literally just make shit up and put it out to press.

I'd like to know what % of newspaper transfer speculation actually becomes reality.

I suspect it would be between 1 and 5%....

There is a website that calculates this. The highest paper gets 25% iirc.

so even in the case of the best paper, 75% of what they write is bollocks. unbelievable !

its a bit off topic but it makes you think a bit more about how they report other aspects of the news. the more you find out about the media the more you realise just how disgraceful they are.

that queen thing this week is a good example of how they alter reality and present it as fact.

Ha Ha. NotW get 12% acuracy

Surely someone needs to have a word with their football journo team and ask them to justify their transfer speculation policy !

The NoTW are like a blunderbuss, whereas the Telegraph are more the sniper's rifle!

They might print bollocks but they shift papers... :cheesy: 

IMO, the figures on that are slightly flawed. The stats on that site potray how many signings each paper get correct, not how many transfer targets they get right.

Just because a paper says we're going to sign someone and we don't doesn't mean that they're wrong, we could have still tried to get that player and failed if you know what I mean.

IMO, the figures on that are slightly flawed. The stats on that site potray how many signings each paper get correct, not how many transfer targets they get right.

Just because a paper says we're going to sign someone and we don't doesn't mean that they're wrong, we could have still tried to get that player and failed if you know what I mean.

That's true like.  blueyes.gif

I just put the link up there.  ;)

I'd be worried about a sniper rifle that only hit target 1/3 of the time !  :laugh:

I'd love to get the inside track on what journo's get up to. I imagine it goes something like this:

editor - circulation is down on Tyneside. sort it out

sports reporter - no problem boss. I'm on it.

followed by "Toon make move for Ronaldhino / Messi / Cannavaro etc" headline

True, but it does also work based on this -

if a club has say 5 real targets and it gets 1 transfer

Newspaper A predicts 10 targets

Newspaper B predicts 15 targets

The better newspaper (A) has the better percentage, so the system works on rank between the papers and ratio of correct "targets"

That's true like.  blueyes.gif

I just put the link up there.  ;)

Don't worry, it's not against you, you just had the link, that's why I quoted you  :D :razz:

Guest Nappy Rash

Howay hands up, who'd be suicidal and manically depressed if this happened  :rolleyes:

We could buy Curtis Davies and Nicky Shorey for £25m man  :coolsmiley:

Howay hands up, who'd be suicidal and manically depressed if this happened  :rolleyes:

We could buy Curtis Davies and Nicky Shorey for £25m man  :coolsmiley:

or we could have signed Halford, Chopra, Richardson and Craig Gordon and had £2m change left!!

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif