Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

First offer refused, textbook. He'll still go.

Aye under Ashley when there's an actual bid it's only a matter of time. He only thinks in terms of money.

Only if the offer is decent or the player wants away. £5-6m and its going to be impossible to turn down, £4m and it will get the club thinking, as it would almost any club.

Offers get rejected, but there's never an accompanying statement saying why we want to keep a player.

Bit depressing that.

So we have to respond (publicly) to every bid now?  :lol:

Be a very busy summer releasing statements then.

Accept offer and send them Alan Smith  :pow:

I think he is Rangers fan...

Even better. Would make them able to piss of Rangers then. Could even throw in McLøven for some extra spice! ;)

Offers get rejected, but there's never an accompanying statement saying why we want to keep a player.

Bit depressing that.

So we have to respond (publicly) to every bid now?  :lol:

Don't you know when you reject a bid you need to choose an option from "he is an indispensable member of the squad", "he is a key first team player" or "he is a hot prospect for the future".

Bit depressing that.

So we have to respond (publicly) to every bid now?  :lol:

Don't you know when you reject a bid you need to choose an option from "he is an indispensable member of the squad", "he is a key first team player" or "he is a hot prospect for the future".

:lol:

I'm sure there are tons of offers we get that we never hear about. That would be the case with this one if Lennon wasn't chirping about it. People seem to forget that we're only getting snippets of what's actually happening behind the scenes.

No way can I see us selling Foster.  A young obvious talent that we can develop as a player and in value.  No point in getting 1.5M for him now, we could probably get nearly that for Harper and have two decent up and coming keepers.

Why would Foster stay here on the bench--2nd, possibly 3rd choice--rather than be first choice at Celtic?

SPL. Nuff said.

Why would Foster stay here on the bench--2nd, possibly 3rd choice--rather than be first choice at Celtic?

SPL. Nuff said.

Even then, being #1 at Celtic is going to be a more productive stepping stone to bigger things than the odd cup appearance (if he's lucky) at Newcastle United. Plus more dough.

"I'm not going to go down the road of commenting on other managers' opinions," said Lennon, "but I think Fraser improved as last season wore on. He kept a lot of clean sheets and showed real confidence towards the end of the season.

"He was a relative nobody, really, when we signed him on loan. We gave him an opportunity and he improved a hell of a lot. For us to keep that continuity going at the back, it is worth us putting a bid in for him. Fraser has made all the right sounds to us about wanting to stay with Celtic. A bid has gone in. At the minute, Newcastle are saying he is not for sale but we will maybe pursue it again later on."

"I'm not going to go down the road of commenting on other managers' opinions," said Lennon, "but I think Fraser improved as last season wore on. He kept a lot of clean sheets and showed real confidence towards the end of the season.

"He was a relative nobody, really, when we signed him on loan. We gave him an opportunity and he improved a hell of a lot. For us to keep that continuity going at the back, it is worth us putting a bid in for him. Fraser has made all the right sounds to us about wanting to stay with Celtic. A bid has gone in. At the minute, Newcastle are saying he is not for sale but we will maybe pursue it again later on."

loan him out there again with a possibility for them to buy at the end, if we agree

he does well we don't agree, simples, win-win for us

I think he'll come back for pre season where Pardew will get to have a good look at him compared to Krul and Harper and that's when a decision will be made on who is our number one is next season, if it isn't Forster then he'll go.

And then you mutha fucka make a 1.5m bid for him? fxxk off.