Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Guest Roger Kint

Seriously doubt Forster is going to come back here to sit on the bench for anything. he has had 3 seasons or so of constant football so going back to 5-10 cup games a season will not be an option to him.

With the Europa League (if we manage to qualify for the group round) I suspect it will be more like 10-15 cup games in the first half of the season alone. It's up to him to make a good impression and push Krul for a first team spot from there on in, just like Krul has had to do with Harper last season. Whilst I obviously love Krul I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Forster could realistically see some Premiership action next season.

To me it doesn't make sense to let go of one of the country's most talented young goalkeepers, and a product of our academy, when we are facing the very real prospect of losing Krul as soon as somebody decides to put a 10m+ offer in for him.

What if the manager doesnt share the idea of giving him all cup games? Or if Forster wants to play league football and not wait? Both are just as likely as the idea he would see your option as favourable.

Seriously doubt Forster is going to come back here to sit on the bench for anything. he has had 3 seasons or so of constant football so going back to 5-10 cup games a season will not be an option to him.

With the Europa League (if we manage to qualify for the group round) I suspect it will be more like 10-15 cup games in the first half of the season alone. It's up to him to make a good impression and push Krul for a first team spot from there on in, just like Krul has had to do with Harper last season. Whilst I obviously love Krul I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Forster could realistically see some Premiership action next season.

To me it doesn't make sense to let go of one of the country's most talented young goalkeepers, and a product of our academy, when we are facing the very real prospect of losing Krul as soon as somebody decides to put a 10m+ offer in for him.

What if the manager doesnt share the idea of giving him all cup games? Or if Forster wants to play league football and not wait? Both are just as likely as the idea he would see your option as favourable.

Of course. Not saying this will definitely happen, just what I'd try to do if I was Pardew/the club.

Guest Roger Kint

Well obviously :lol: The club arent going to force him out if he wanted it, that not the point you replied to though. Pardew would gladly keep him and presumably use him as a spectator for 99% of the season hence why i said he wouldnt want it.

One of the things Krul would have stayed for is European football, doubt he'd be impressed if that's denied him just to try and appease Forster.

I don't think Krul would have pushed for a move regardless of whether we qualified for European football or not. He got his first taste of first team football in Europe. Also, it wouldn't be just to appease Forster as you say; we need a strong squad as we're going to play over 50 competitive matches next season. I'd be well disappointed with Tim if he threw a hissy fit if we bring back a player from loan who's made significant progress to push him for a first team place.

Given the goalkeeping choices in the squad and the one on standby, Forster can surely consider himself incredibly unfortunate to miss out. Rob Green ffs.

To "quote" Pardew, 'The chances of Foster getting an England callup at Celtic are fucking zero. You can't prove owt playing Scottish football, you'd be better falling off the face of the world in any International bosses eyes'.

D-day looms for Fraser Forster over deal

By CHRIS JACK

CELTIC hope to find out by the end of the week whether goalkeeper Fraser Forster will extend his Parkhead stay.

The Englishman has spent the last two seasons in Glasgow on loan from Premiership outfit Newcastle and has impressed between the sticks for Neil Lennon's side.

The Hoops have already agreed a £2million fee with the Toon that would bring Forster north of the border on a permanent deal.

But the 24-year-old has still to decide on his future as he considers whether to return to the SPL or seek a move in England.

Forster's agent Mark Curtis is due to jet into Glasgow for showdown talks with Parkhead chief executive Peter Lawwell within the next 72 hours as Celtic attempt to complete a deal before the end of the week.

The keeper will play for Lennon's side in a testimonial match for Adam Drury against Norwich tonight and it could prove to be his last outing for the Hoops unless a deal can be struck to bring him back to the club next season.

Lennon is keen to hold on to his No.1 shot-stopper, who kept an impressive 25 clean sheets in 46 appearances for Celtic last season.

Despite his stunning form, Forster was overlooked for a place in Roy Hodgson's England squad for the European Championships in Poland and Ukraine this summer and that could lead to him considering a return south of the border rather than starring for Celtic next time out.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/d-day-looms-for-fraser-forster-over-deal.17667160

£2million seems like good business. :dontknow:

Guest MrSundlofer

If he goes, fine. If not, it might be a good idea to try keep him around as the second choice/cup keeper and loan out Elliot.

After two years of first team football at Celtic I doubt he wants to return here to sit on the bench.

...And no reason to send Rob Elliot out on loan. I don't think he will be anything else than a backup goalkeeper at Newcastle.

Interesting that his agent is Mark Curtis - same as Allardyce, Nolan and Carroll.

Isn't Rob Green out of contract at West Ham this Summer and they are unsure what his plans are?  It could be that if he leaves that Forster might end up moving to West Ham.

Elliot will stagnate if he plays about five reserve games a season. At least sending him out on loan, even for 3-6 months, would ensure that he's kept sharp and gains some proper match experience.

Interesting that his agent is Mark Curtis - same as Allardyce, Nolan and Carroll.

Isn't Rob Green out of contract at West Ham this Summer and they are unsure what his plans are?  It could be that if he leaves that Forster might end up moving to West Ham.

Been linked with Given today.

Guest MrSundlofer

Elliot will stagnate if he plays about five reserve games a season. At least sending him out on loan, even for 3-6 months, would ensure that he's kept sharp and gains some proper match experience.

If we send Elliot out on loan, we don't have a backup keeper at the club. As I said, Forster won't be second choice here.

Been linked with Given today.

So's QPR. Sparky allegedly keen on reviving his love tryst with Shay.

If he ever wants to play for England he's going to have to come back down south. Have WBA signed Ben Foster permanently? Wonder if Hughton might take Forster there if he takes over.

Agree. Won the league in Scotland, broke clean sheets records, and its still not enough to stop Jack Butland seemingly being ahead of him in the England pecking order.

My mate is a Norwich fan who said Forster was absolutely excellent there. Ruddy was his replacement and he is now ahead of him as well.

Think Hodgson's England squad could well be a wake up call that he needs to get out of Scotland.

Guest frazernufc

Beggers belief that he wasnt ahead of Jack Butland, whos only professional football was on loan to Cheltenham! Seems an absolute joke to be honest. Also on the Rob Green front, I seriously dont understand why he'd leave? Just got back in the Premier League and who else would guarantee first team football in the league, its only really Sunderland who are without an established keeper, unless hes moving abroad.

Beggers belief that he wasnt ahead of Jack Butland, whos only professional football was on loan to Cheltenham! Seems an absolute joke to be honest. Also on the Rob Green front, I seriously dont understand why he'd leave? Just got back in the Premier League and who else would guarantee first team football in the league, its only really Sunderland who are without an established keeper, unless hes moving abroad.

Shhhhhhh! Don't let them hear you say that Mignolet is NETD in keepers and is probably up there with Neuer et all

Quite sad that he´s not even seems to be considered for the national team looking at the options. Hopefully he won´t stay in Scotland. Shit and boring league.

IMO, we should keep him on our books.

Loan him out to a Premiership club or a good championship club. I say this because there is every possibility in the next 3 years or so Krul will be heavily targeted by some big clubs.

I don't want Krul to leave but we must carry an alternative. If Forster isn't happy on our bench, offer him to opportunity to be loaned out for a couple more seasons, with the "possibility" of becoming our number one. If Krul stays (hopefully), then sell Forster in 3 years, when hopefully his price wil have rocketed.

This only works if Forster agrees to stay mind.