Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Stupid move by us, yet again.  :rolleyes: (unless Harper is leaving or we've lined up a move for Krul)

why ? right now i'd make forster no.2 to harper.

Going to learn loads sitting on the bench.

Stupid move by us, yet again.  :rolleyes: (unless Harper is leaving or we've lined up a move for Krul)

learnt enough last season to have him at the ready.

Imagine what another season would do...at a higher level.

imagine if harper got injured/sent off and we had forster to come in ?

We could call him back next game. In the meantime we have Krul.

A season playing football compared to a season not playing football. No contest which is better for any player.

A season playing football compared to a season not playing football. No contest which is better for any player.

surely we need to keep one and krul is the one needing games.

surely we need to keep one and krul is the one needing games.

Get both of them out on loan and bring in a free or own loan, a more experienced keeper who won't mind playing second fiddle to Harper.

Isn't going to happen, especially now with Forsters prime destination sorted with a keeper. Let's hope we don't have 3 keepers on the books fighting for No1 spot because only Harper will ever get a chance unless injured and a season passes both these two promising keepers. It would be a shame for either or both spending this season on the bench, i'd do everything to make sure that doesn't happen for either.

Guest michaelfoster

Id let Forster be number 2 this season & send Krul out on loan for a full season to a championship club. By the time he comes back Harper is one yer closer to his pension and they both have recent experience of being on loan as iirc when Krul was at Falkirk he got injured & got sent back.

Id let Forster be number 2 this season & send Krul out on loan for a full season to a championship club. By the time he comes back Harper is one yer closer to his pension and they both have recent experience of being on loan as iirc when Krul was at Falkirk he got injured & got sent back.

i think this will be harpers last season as first choice as i believe forster is ready to take his chance should it come through injury,suspension or loss of form.

Guest BooBoo

I've said it before but both Krul and Forster are very likely going to be quality keepers and will both want first team football. It's nigh on impossible to foresee a future for both of them at St James'. From what I've seen, Forster looks the better keeper.

i think this will be harpers last season as first choice as i believe forster is ready to take his chance should it come through injury,suspension or loss of form.

Fingers crossed.

Normally its a year long loan though. Which Norwich might pay some money for and we can't recall him. See what happened when Given got injured.

Happy with him coming back and Krul going out on loan for a season.

I reckon Krul's the better prospect like if he's brought up right. I have seen minimal from Forster, and the same as Krul in fairness, Krul just looks like there's some absolute class welled up inside his being, need to drill in the right place to get that out.

Schooled at the Jamie Redknapp school of insight.

Loan one out till January, then loan the other out from then till the end of the season. That way both get some games and both get experience sitting on the bench and making the odd appearance should Harper be injured, or in the cups.