Joey's bezzie mate appointed full time U21's boss

NSG

Guest Alan Shearer 9

After the masterstroke of appointing Mclaren over Scolari the FA have once again proved to be the masters they are by making another appointment that would be beyond the thinking of the public; they really earn their money well.

It's funny how when he was at Man City he thought this was a part-time job but apparently now reckons it's a full-time one.

I honesty hand on heart think Stuart Pearce is the best Under 21 manager England could possibly have.

These players are at their age when they need to learn its not just about money, its about the football, and he can give them that.

Poor tactics and coaching do not matter at that level, heart, desire and passion do, these young lads will become proper England battlers under Pearce, it can only benefit their clubs when they come back.

(Dr Spec hates me BTW)

I honesty hand on heart think Stuart Pearce is the best Under 21 manager England could possibly have.

These players are at their age when they need to learn its not just about money, its about the football, and he can give them that.

Poor tactics and coaching do not matter at that level, heart, desire and passion do, these young lads will become proper England battlers under Pearce, it can only benefit their clubs when they come back.

(Dr Spec hates me BTW)

Erm. What. I'm struggling to think of a response to that.

Lets just say I respectfully disagree. :nope:

Benefitting the clubs, irrelevants. The U21s are a breeding ground for future internationals, they should have a coach who

can teach them to be competitive in tournament play. And that is not Pearce - anyone who favours the short-sighted "shore it up and see what happens" mentality is a complete cretin, they should have someone more positive who can get the England World Cup players of tomorrow to learn a thing or two about how to be competetitve in tournament play without relying on "passion", instead focusing on possession and pressure. Simple.

I see while I've been writing this Parky says he could do better. Think I'd probably do a better job than that muppet (Pearce) too. At least I understand that subbing off all your forwards is gonna leave you complete fucked if the opposition equalise. :nope:

Pearce out. [/nostalgia]

I like Pearce along with lots of others but can't help thinking it's a shit uninspired decision symptomatic of the FA in general.

I've never seen a manager so obviously clueless. He looks lost on the touchline and I don't think he's even heard the word "tactics" before.

He put Steve Wigley in his backroom staff for gods sake!

I've never seen a manager so obviously clueless. He looks lost on the touchline and I don't think he's even heard the word "tactics" before.

When Pearce brought Steve Wigley to City, Wigley recommended Pearce go back to Southampton to nick one of their youth team players. Lets have a wee quiz.

Was it:

A) Theo Walcott

B) Gareth Bale

C) Matt Mills

:hmm:

The answer says it all about the pair of em.

When Pearce brought Steve Wigley to City, Wigley recommended Pearce go back to Southampton to nick one of their youth team players. Lets have a wee quiz.

Was it:

A) Theo Walcott

B) Gareth Bale

C) Matt Mills

:hmm:

The answer says it all about the pair of em.

:lol:

btw, I saw Sven has nicked one of our coaches, Stefano Marrone

Yeah, fitness coach apparently. Any good?

He seems to have a good reputation, yeah. I think he was brought in from some big foreign club during Moyes' first full season and at the time I remember him getting some part of the credit for an upturn in form. 

A local guy Dave Billows is now the main man on the fitness side of things though so I don't think it was a massive loss. Should be good for you though, I reckon he'll be better than whatever muppet Pearce hired!

A local guy Dave Billows is now the main man on the fitness side of things though so I don't think it was a massive loss. Should be good for you though, I reckon he'll be better than whatever muppet Pearce hired!

That would be nobody. Kevin Keegan's fitness coach left to be a manager and Pearce never replaced him.

Still, he'll be a great manager one day...

:laugh: