Newcastle United and Sunderland - One and the same?

NSG

The people who think it's so unbelievable that Sunderland will ever be as far above us as we are above  them now are in for a shock at some point in their lives when they grow up.

The responses to this kind of thread are what really wind me up about a lot of our support and how they think we have a divine right to be one of the best teams in one of the best leagues in the world. I hate to paraphrase a politician, but as Newcastle supporters there aren't many times in our history where we've ever had it so good. Wah, wah wah we only came 13th. Boo fucking hoo. I guarantee you that in your lifetime we will spend at least 10 years in the second division (whatever it's called then), probably a lot more. There's a very good chance we'll go to the third and/or become bankrupt at some point. You think the Halls & Shepherd board were bad? You haven't a clue. You'll eventually come to realise you were born into a golden era of the club, fucking enjoy it while you can.

/pissed up rant

The people who think it's so unbelievable that Sunderland will ever be as far above us as we are above  them now are in for a shock at some point in their lives when they grow up.

The responses to this kind of thread are what really wind me up about a lot of our support and how they think we have a divine right to be one of the best teams in one of the best leagues in the world. I hate to paraphrase a politician, but as Newcastle supporters there aren't many times in our history where we've ever had it so good. Wah, wah wah we only came 13th. Boo f****** hoo. I guarantee you that in your lifetime we will spend at least 10 years in the second division (whatever it's called then), probably a lot more. There's a very good chance we'll go to the third and/or become bankrupt at some point. You think the Halls & Shepherd board were bad? You haven't a clue. You'll eventually come to realise you were born into a golden era of the club, f****** enjoy it while you can.

/pissed up rant

no you don't get it,we think we have a devine right to be above the mackems (we don't really but it winds them up sooooo much),we affect a superiority complex to wind them up................now do you get it.

Oh I get it.

Of course I do it for a laugh on a wind up, but I don't really believe it.

Problem is I think a lot of people actually do believe it as... FACT.

Oh I get it.

Of course I do it for a laugh on a wind up. But I don't really believe it.

I think a lot of people actually do.

which is only to be expected,we use a superority idea to wind them up,on top of that i'm 40 and in that 40 years safc have bested us maybe a half dozen seasons.

if the wind up superiority mixes with the real superority it makes for a strong belief

The responses to this kind of thread are what really wind me up about a lot of our support and how they think we have a divine right to be one of the best teams in one of the best leagues in the world. I hate to paraphrase a politician, but as Newcastle supporters there aren't many times in our history where we've ever had it so good. Wah, wah wah we only came 13th. Boo f****** hoo. I guarantee you that in your lifetime we will spend at least 10 years in the second division (whatever it's called then), probably a lot more. There's a very good chance we'll go to the third and/or become bankrupt at some point. You think the Halls & Shepherd board were bad? You haven't a clue. You'll eventually come to realise you were born into a golden era of the club, f****** enjoy it while you can.

/pissed up rant

Footballs changed. We don't live in the 70's and 80s anymore.

Guest nufcfan76

Like copparing kitten to ducks and a sure fire way to get a bloody nose, at least. Not comparable and even suggesting is an offensive sacrilege of the highest order. Not even the same league or sport for that matter. FIFA EU index, global brand, financial clout and fan fanatacisim aside, there's nothing even worth examining really.

Doesn't matter where we are in 10 years time and saying it's in a different divison is not really a revelation. But to compare apples and oranges is just wrong. Espcially when it's us vs. Mackems.

It's also our God-given right to be superior to the unwashed too, ya know.

/pissed up rant

Why do you think we'll have a very good chance of dropping into the third considering it's never happened in our history?  The second is always a possibility because one bad decision on a managerrial appointment and everything could go tits up.

As for going bankrupt, I can't see that happening although the Premiership bubble will burst one day, the only way that would happen would be to get players on stupid contracts both in length and size of wage and having to carry that when the bubble does burst, even then we'd have to be a bit stupid to lose the money which Ashley can get his hands on because he'd have to go bankrupt for us to do that.

Guest Knightrider

We are nothing alike, and never will be. Anyone who claims otherwise is an idiot. Footballing wise there is a lot of similarities but then the same could be said of us and Man City. As people though which is who define a football area or culture, we are miles apart and lets hope it always remains that way.

Man United's support wouldnt drop that much if they weren't winning things.

The club has had the highest average attendance in English football in all but six seasons since 1964-65.

And that includes being relegated and not winning the league for 26 years.

Arsenal are another matter since half their stadium seems to be filled with corparates.

I was going to post something very similar.  Man United fans are often given stick because they have so many of the glory supporters and corporate 'fans' but they also have a hell of a lot of real fans who would stick with them through thick and thin.