Luque injury has lasted two years – Allardyce

Dinho lad

Guest STaylor87

Allardyce should be given a medal if he gets Luque playing like a decent Premiership player.

I've always been a bit 'iffy' about Luque's attitude, but if he cancelled his Honeymoon to start training, then it shows a lot of commitment, especially when you see his new wife! Wow...

BALLIN'!

I can't understand why a manager should ignore any player and I can't understand why a manager would be allowed to get away with leaving a player to stagnate while being paid a fortune.

If I employed somebody on behalf of my employer and paid him to sit at home while doing nothing to earn his wage I'd probably get sacked.

The excuses made for Roeder were as bad as the ones made for Luque. He wouldn't even play the lad in reserve games, what on earth was all that about? When he finally gave him a reserve game he scored two 30-yard screamers away to Liverpool and then decided not to give him any more chances. Very strange. Hopefully Allardyce can show up Roeder's man management skills.

The excuses made for Roeder were as bad as the ones made for Luque. He wouldn't even play the lad in reserve games, what on earth was all that about? When he finally gave him a reserve game he scored two 30-yard screamers away to Liverpool and then decided not to give him any more chances. Very strange. Hopefully Allardyce can show up Roeder's man management skills.

Don't try and work Roeder out, he just wasn't up to the job.

Guest LucasUnger

oops...

i think luque will come out he's worth his money this season. BSA training will help him get stronger.

I been saying this for a while about luque. His injury was awful, he pretty much severed his hamstring. Something like that takes ages to get over never mind the psychological damage. This on top of trying to settle in a new country and being under massive pressure to perform immediately in a struggling team. We haven't been able to sell him so lets give him a fair crack at it second time around, remember Nicky Butt.....

Guest alexharrisonnufc

What is it with us and Spaniards hiding out for years in the sick room? Does it smell of tortilla or something?

Class

Luque has been injured for 2 years? Has his english only just got to the standard for him to say "Boss, I'm still injured". What utter rubbish. Sam is just trying to help him out by giving him a bit of an excuse for his passed performances. I'm ok with this so long as Luque does the business. But, I'm not having he has been carrying the knock that long.

Guest khyberpass

Be bloody marvelous if he got sorted ....I remember thinking we'd signed our version of Giggs for Manure, or the glorious Ginola...then the poor bugger has that terrible injury...

"I'd love it...." if UnLuque Lucky got his mojo back!

His marriage was probably arranged when Roeder was still here anyway. If that were the case, Luque would have been under no illusions that he'd be doing anything other than training with the kids.

Is he a Muslim or Asian orientated religion??

Be bloody marvelous if he got sorted ....I remember thinking we'd signed our version of Giggs for Manure, or the glorious Ginola...then the poor bugger has that terrible injury...

"I'd love it...." if UnLuque Lucky got his mojo back!

I'm the original Luque fan :lol: