Alexis Sanchez - anyone seen this kid?

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

He's 18, he's Chilean and plays for Colo-Colo.  He's an attacking midfielder/forward

He's earned himself the nickname, "El Niño Maravilla" which means "the wonder kid".  Apparantly he shone at the U20 World Cup, and was also wanted by the national team for the Copa America at the same time.

I reckon he's worth having a scout watch, and perhaps followed up by a bid, maybe in January.  At 18 he's a risk as he might not settle, but surely with Nobby guiding him, we could have our very own Cristiano Ronaldo.  Youtube him and you'll see what I mean.  He has incredible skill.

I personally see this as a chance to bag ourselves a real gem, whether we need defenders or not.

Why would Nobby guide him? People from Peru want to cut up Chileans with huge knives.

Bit of an over-generalisation there.

All people from Ireland are in the IRA, you know.

Damn right, and I've already gained trust in this forum. Soon I will detonate.

You English are so stupid, no wonder we kicked your ass in World War II.

Haven't seen much of him but Matias Fernandez who went to Villareal from Colo Colo looked the dogs bollocks over in South America. Hoping to see him show that in Spain next year, he struggled when he first arrived in Jan.

wouldnt get work permit

might get one under the 'exceptional talent' rule as Man U did with Anderson

and Arsenal did with Alex song  mackems.gif mackems.gif

Guest peszero

He's Udinese property.  They signed him for peanuts when he was about 15/16 and loaned him back to Colo Colo.  He was troubled with a shoulder/back injury (i think) for most of the tournament and didn't really show his true talent.  I've seen him a few times and he's a tremendous talent, tons of ability and I believe he could potentially become a top class player.  He does seem to go to ground too easily and have a tempremental attitude though, so it would be a risky signing and could turn out to be more Cassano than Ronaldo.

There was plenty of talent on offer in the tournament.  I'm not sure if Allardyce pays much attention to these youth tournaments (I can't remember him signing any youngsters for Bolton  :laugh:) but you only have to look at the past names that impressed in similar tournaments to see that they are as good as anything for judging potential star players.

What happened to Kerlon? Still at Cruizerio (?), or has he moved to a big club?

Turned out he's very overated, had a trade mark dribble that made him famous but other than that he's not good enough to cut it in Europe (well, at least for now)

Wouldn't mind Sanchez (Who btw is an FM legened so expect people over here to start talking about him like he's the next Maradona), got the chance to see him a couple of times in the Copa Libertadiores and a few times with Chile, he has loads of trick and his pace is nice but he lacks in strength (very skinny lad from what i saw) so he might have some trouble adapting to life in England.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Ever Banega, 

Gabriel Mercado,

Matias Cahais,

Claudio Yacob,

Maximiliano Moralez,

Angel Di Maria,

Lautaro Acosta,

All still in argentina.

I'd be delighted if we could snap up any of these top yougsters before anyone else. Like Liverpool keep doing recently, (Insua, and about 8 others) also Arsenal are sniffing around Di Maria.

Why cant we start copying the continental managers? (best add Sir Alex before someone points out to me that Manure have been doing it for years) Even Chelsea are starting to follow suit.

Guest khyberpass

I've got a super kid....can't play football for toffee!...but is a super kid!

Better way sign him too!

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

What happened to Kerlon? Still at Cruizerio (?), or has he moved to a big club?

Seen them in newcastle airport once  :coolsmiley:

IIRC he was linked with a move to the smoggies not so long ago.