Kluivert trying to win another Championship?

toontownman

Owls offer striker Kluivert trial

Sheffield Wednesday have offered a trial to Dutch international striker Patrick Kluivert.

The 31-year-old plays for PSV Eindhoven but is understood to be looking for a move elsewhere.

Owls boss Brian Laws told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I have a strong contact in Holland who is Kluivert's agent.

"We've invited the boy down and I want to run the rule over him. It is just a possibility and is nothing concrete at the moment but we've made an enquiry."

Kluivert has experience of playing in England after a spell with Newcastle.

He started only 14 Premiership games for the Magpies, scoring six times.

Newcastle rejected the opportunity to take up the option for a second year on his contract leaving him free to join Valencia in the summer of 2005.

He subsequently left the Italian side to link up with PSV the following year.

Kluivert has played for some of Europe's biggest clubs including AC Milan, Ajax and Barcelona.

14 starts, six goals? Not bad at all! Or are there a load of sub appearances they're not including?

Even if he is fat and lazy now he would be class in the Championship.

Fowler vs Kluivert for second division top scorer :lol:

A trial with a championship team?  :lol:

I can see that going down well with the former Ajax, Milan, Barca, Newcastle, Valencia and PSV player. He'll be off to Dubai or somewhere to pick up some $$$

14 starts, six goals? Not bad at all! Or are there a load of sub appearances they're not including?

The main problem with Kluivert here was that he and Shearer weren't suited to playing together at all, and with Shearer undroppable there was only one winner. Think he lost interest once he realised how bad the setup was here.

Not blaming Shearer personally, before the hystrionics begin.

They didn't mention that Kluivert scored half of those goals in a single game-- in the Intertoto Cup-- against some Israeli side.

The kind of football we were playing didnt come close to playing to Kluiverts strengths either.

I wouldnt have minded us keeping him, but he has hardly gone on to greater things or regaining his past form.

Kind of player that probably would have flourished alot better under the likes of Allardyce. Shocked to see his going on trial though. like 4xG says more likely to take a pay check in Quatar surely.

They didn't mention that Kluivert scored half of those goals in a single game-- in the Intertoto Cup-- against some Israeli side.

Those six goals mentioned in the article were in the Premier League (West Brom, Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Fulham, Norwich)

He scored another 4 in Europe (Against that Israeli side) and 2 in the Cups (Chelsea, Spurs)

It saddens me to think we had a player of the reputation and calibre of Kluivert at the club and that we used him so poorly.

I know he had turned into a bit of a journeyman when we got him but it was still a good scalp to bring him here. Wish it had gone better for him (and us)

I think what narks me more is that he will continue to journey around Europe or the World and will tell people what a shite club we were.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moe-Ali

Bring him back  ;D See what he's like  :laugh:

Let big sam work his magic on him,he's a fee agent aswell isn't he ?

Why would he want to come to Newcastle again?

Doubt he will be interested.

This is very sad for Patrick because at his prime, he was one of the best players i have ever witnessed.

Bring him back  ;D See what he's like  :laugh:

Let big sam work his magic on him,he's a fee agent aswell isn't he ?

Why would he want to come to Newcastle again?

Doubt he will be interested.

This is very sad for Patrick because at his prime, he was one of the best players i have ever witnessed.

You're asking completely the wrong question. Why would WE want him back here again????