Penalty Taker?

NSG
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shay Given, the ball usually ends up in the net when he's involved in penalties unless it is against Derby.

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Just four off the top of my head that he's saved against.

In the Premiership as we aren't in Europe and when were the Villa and smog ones?

Villa was Roeders second game in 2006. We won 2-1. Shola and Zog scored.

Boro was in 01/02 at the smellnet. We won 4-1. Shearer x2, Dabizas and Robert.

Guest winchestermag

Shay Given, the ball usually ends up in the net when he's involved in penalties unless it is against Derby.

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

In the Premiership as we aren't in Europe and when were the Villa and smog ones?

Gareth Barry over the bar? Leazes end?

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Nope. Away at Villa Park. Baros IIRC. Saved by Shays leg.

Guest winchestermag

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Wasn't there, but stil a shocking record for a top keeper. Tim Krul is the future.

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Jesus christ whats your problem?the thread  is who should take our pens!!!!!not is Shay Given crap at saving pens! :knuppel2:

Ya shocking record alright,your an idiot!!!!why are you slagging off one of best players over the last few years!!!!!

Guest winchestermag

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Jesus christ whats your problem?the thread  is who should take our pens!!!!!not is Shay Given crap at saving pens! :knuppel2:

My point, if you read my comment properly, was that the ball normally goes in the net when he's involved, let him take them. :coolsmiley:

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Wasn't there, but stil a shocking record for a top keeper. Tim Krul is the future.

Oh, fucking hell.

shola will probably play as much as solano next season and is a surprisingly decent penalty taker (couple i remember being very tidy),don't think either will start enough to be a regular penalty taker so viduka would probably be my choice.

Guest winchestermag

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Oh, f****** hell.

Your point being?

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

My point, if you read my comment properly, was that the ball normally goes in the net when he's involved, let him take them. :coolsmiley:

my comment if you read it properly is this thread is about whose going to take our pens not whose going to fuck up trying to save pens that we give away!im sorry but dont be i think its kinda stupid taking the piss outta one of our best keepers we have had in my lifetime!

My point being that Krul's played one match. Given's been consistently one of the top keepers in the PL for 10 years. If he's very, very fortunate, Krul may turn out to be somewhere close to the keeper that Given's been. He'll have to do very, very well to surpass him.

Guest winchestermag

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

my comment if you read it properly is this thread is about whose going to take our pens not whose going to f*** up trying to save pens that we give away!im sorry but dont be i think its kinda stupid taking the piss outta one of our best keepers we have had in my lifetime!

Are you a septic? Let Shay take them is my suggestion for fucks sake, clearer now?

Guest winchestermag

I'll just lock this bad boy if it carries on like this.

Back on topic please, gents.

Just what I expected on here. I voted 'other' on the poll, back on topic now?

I'll just lock this bad boy if it carries on like this.

Back on topic please, gents.

Just what I expected on here. I voted 'other' on the poll, back on topic now?

Yep, cheers. :thup:

All fair enough discussion options, even that of Given on here. But when it comes to bitching to each other, save it for PM's. :thup:

1. Solano - His penalty taking record is second to none, has perfect placement of the ball. Even the one he missed against Wigan last year, it wasn't a bad penalty, John Filan just guessed right and it was at a nice height.

2. Martins - Despite that dreadful miss at Everton, his previous penalties weren't bad. Everyone is prone to hitting a bad penalty every now and again.

3. Ameobi - Could maybe come before Martins. Doesn't seem to miss much.

4. Emre - See Solano

Nobby.  Bar Wigan away, his penalties have always been spot on and tucked into the corner.

And Boro at home (March 2001 IIRC) ;)

I was over for that match. Boksic scored twice the cunt, one was a belter.

And to be fair to Nobby, 6 inches lower and it would have been a perfect peno.  :laugh2:

I'd stick with him.

Guest ckmuzza

How is Viduka at penalties? I don't want Owen on penalties cos he's fucking awful at them.

He took them at Leeds IIRC. Dunno what his record was, but he scored one in the "Premiership Years" I watched the other day.

That makes him a good canditate  ;D

Viduka is terrible at penalties under severe pressure. Missed a crucial one for Australia in the penalty shoot out against Uruguay and one in a lead up game to the world cup and was subsequently dropped from taking penalties for Australia. Not so sure how he goes in the premiership though.

How is Viduka at penalties? I don't want Owen on penalties cos he's f****** awful at them.

He took them at Leeds IIRC. Dunno what his record was, but he scored one in the "Premiership Years" I watched the other day.

That makes him a good canditate  ;D

Viduka is terrible at penalties under severe pressure. Missed a crucial one for Australia in the penalty shoot out against Uruguay and one in a lead up game to the world cup and was subsequently dropped from taking penalties for Australia. Not so sure how he goes in the premiership though.

Yeh, dont pick Dukes, he hasnt got a good record with em...