Penalty Taker?

NSG
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I voted Barton, pretty sure he took them at City, and will be starting every match (I would imagine) when fit. So long as it isn't Owen I'll be happy, he had about a 50% success rate in his last couple of years at pool iirc.

Guest samtoonarmy

I voted for Owen but if your saying that he only had a 50% success rate then I probably think Solano - if hes playing. If not then I'd go for Barton or Viduka.

Guest Deep456

Barton took lots for citeh and hardly ever missed.

See Specturms post in this thread.

To be honest, any of these c***s should be able to hit a stationary ball into the corner of the goal with a reasonable amount of force. We shouldn't even have to debate if anyone of them would miss or not.

The season before last and last season I was referring to. I think he has scored 6 out of 8. Conversion rate of 75% quite high.

Right. I've racked my brain and have managed to come up with these 8 pens altho 2 of them are from cup games.

4 of them were taken by Barton (1 miss), 2 by Vassell (1 miss), and 2 by Samaras, 0 misses. 6 from 8 between them.

The Barton one I forgot was away to Charlton about 18 months ago (we won 5-2  :coolsmiley:). Drilled straight down the middle, keeper saved it, Barton first to the rebound. I think that must have counted on whatever stats page you're looking at.

I wasn't looking at a stats page I just remembered them.

All these people mentioning single instances when players missed pens as a reason for them to be overlooked have been fooled by Shearer's ridiculous near-perfect record in the past imo.

All players miss pens*. We'll most likely miss a whole load more without Shearer.

*Le Tiss? Can't remember.

for those picking solano,do you think he'll be in the starting 11 enough next season to make him penalty taker?. with our squad as it is i'd be having  geremi at right back and milner wide right IF playing 4-4-2.

With Solano's new position in this playmaker role, I think he'll play a key part (assuming the formation works out).

i think that may have been the formation allardyce would like to use but not the personnel,even from the current squad

most people will disagree with me here, but i think we should alternate it and not have a specific penalty taker. if we are going to be successful in cup competitions we need everyone to be able to score a penalty. if we have one specific taker, goalies (like reina) might do research and can predict where they are going to hit it. look at liverpool- they practice penalties all the time, and as a result always go through- reina researches which way they dive, and all the players penalties go into the corners. we need to be like that

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Went for Martins for his sheer power... Wouldnt fancy trying to save one of his pens!!

Shay Given, the ball usually ends up in the net when he's involved in penalties unless it is against Derby.

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Just four off the top of my head that he's saved against.

4 in ten years is crap though.

Shay Given, the ball usually ends up in the net when he's involved in penalties unless it is against Derby.

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Just four off the top of my head that he's saved against.

4 in ten years is crap though.

Sure he's saved more, but anyway, back on topic.....

I voted Barton.