Allardyce rules out Curtis Davies move

Guest sicko2ndbest

About fuking time.

We cant attract top players plike Heinze, were fuking struggling to pull in average foreign talent like Beye, so we need to go for the likes of Baines, Davies & Shorey, even if it means paying a little extra.

So what if we paid £8m for him? We paid £5m for Bramble how many years ago? The market is more inflated than ever and Davies is a massive class above Bramble, you could even say the same for Boumsong, and unlike them two fuks, Davies will hold that price tag, and it will eventually grow. Same goes for Baines, at £6m he's a great signing for the club.

I'm sure we thought Bramble would hold his price and eventually grow when we bought him.

He's not the experienced defender I was hoping for.

Did we?

We thought he could possibly be a star but suffered humiliation a fair few times in his Ipswich career to suggest there were problems there. Also SBR was about the only man in the Country rating him at £5m. Wenger is a keen admirer of Davies, and he isn't even French, says it all.

Well if we pay £8 million for him then it's fair to say Allardyce is the only one rating him at that price, he's not a bad player but he's not worth anywhere near the price being mentioned and he'll have to do something spectacular for that value to rise, I watched him play next to Taylor in an England u21 game last season and he was all over the place, Taylor had to bail him out more than once.

As for Wenger rating him, he rated Jenas as well but wouldn't go near him for the fee mentioned.

What's £2m in the current climate though? £6m he's worth it, £8m he's not?

Will that matter in a couple of seasons? It cost us twice that amount to sack our last two managers, 3 times to get rid of Souness, GR, FS & SBR.

£9.5m on Luque, £17m on Owen, £8m on Boumsong and were bothered about £2m more than what Davies is probably worth.

I can't see the logic in it myself, there is a talent there, one U21 game where he was all over the place doesn't make a player, or is that it for Davies now, utter s**** and he should retire before embarrassing himself any further?

I agree with you. You also have to take into account that he did well in the premiership first time around and by alla ccounts is a top character who was captain of West Brom in the premiership at 21! This was under Bryan Robson too who is pretty high on good character guys.

If we are going to pay over the odds on a player it might as well be him. Potential is never guaranteed but you have to look at each individual. In Davies case you have a good character, work ethic and leadership qualities so it is more likely than not going to work out in our favour should we sign him. Bramble had potential but character wise I think he lacked self belief, he wasn't a hard worker and he certainly wasn't a leader.

About fuking time.

We cant attract top players plike Heinze, were fuking struggling to pull in average foreign talent like Beye, so we need to go for the likes of Baines, Davies & Shorey, even if it means paying a little extra.

So what if we paid £8m for him? We paid £5m for Bramble how many years ago? The market is more inflated than ever and Davies is a massive class above Bramble, you could even say the same for Boumsong, and unlike them two fuks, Davies will hold that price tag, and it will eventually grow. Same goes for Baines, at £6m he's a great signing for the club.

I'm sure we thought Bramble would hold his price and eventually grow when we bought him.

Did we?

We thought he could possibly be a star but suffered humiliation a fair few times in his Ipswich career to suggest there were problems there. Also SBR was about the only man in the Country rating him at £5m. Wenger is a keen admirer of Davies, and he isn't even French, says it all.

Well if we pay £8 million for him then it's fair to say Allardyce is the only one rating him at that price, he's not a bad player but he's not worth anywhere near the price being mentioned and he'll have to do something spectacular for that value to rise, I watched him play next to Taylor in an England u21 game last season and he was all over the place, Taylor had to bail him out more than once.

As for Wenger rating him, he rated Jenas as well but wouldn't go near him for the fee mentioned.

Will that matter in a couple of seasons? It cost us twice that amount to sack our last two managers, 3 times to get rid of Souness, GR, FS & SBR.

£9.5m on Luque, £17m on Owen, £8m on Boumsong and were bothered about £2m more than what Davies is probably worth.

I can't see the logic in it myself, there is a talent there, one U21 game where he was all over the place doesn't make a player, or is that it for Davies now, utter s**** and he should retire before embarrassing himself any further?

Where did I say he's utter shit and should retire?

I've said he isn't worth £8 million as he isn't that good, even the West Brom fans are split on how good he is as he done fuck all for them last season, I couldn't care less how much his fee is in relation to Chopra's as the majority of the country laughed when they paid that, he isn't even close to Taylor in terms of ability and he isn't the experienced defender we should be looking for to bring the best out of him.

People seem happy just to be getting a defender in rather than how good he is.

About fuking time.

Did we?

Where did I say he's utter s*** and should retire?

I've said he isn't worth £8 million as he isn't that good, even the West Brom fans are split on how good he is as he done f*** all for them last season, I couldn't care less how much his fee is in relation to Chopra's as the majority of the country laughed when they paid that, he isn't even close to Taylor in terms of ability and he isn't the experienced defender we should be looking for to bring the best out of him.

Isn't close to Taylor?

When Davies was a first team defender for West Brom two years ago in the premiership, not to mention their captain where was Taylor?

Davies struggled with injuries last year and that is why he was so up and down. To claim he is no where near Taylor is rather shocking.

You say he isn't the experienced defender we need but what's to say we will not still be adding an experienced defender to the mix in addittion to Davies, which I think will be ideal. Or are you happy for Ramage to be one of our top four centre-backs next season?

Guest TyneToPlay

Davies would be a decent signing too but 5-6mil max.... 8mil is ridiculous!!

£5m for Chropa, or £17m for Bent is ridiculous, i think £8m is over-priced, but not by much for a highly rated young English footballer after the hike in TV money.

Saw Bent on Setanta last night and actually he looks quite good for them. Ran all the time and scored a good goal. Made Defoe look like the cack he is. Okay Bent's not £16m worth of player yet but certainly getting there. Maybe prices are what they are and we have to pay them for what we need. We paid a fortune for Michael so why not pay a bit more to get Davies?

About fuking time.

Did we?

I've said he isn't worth £8 million as he isn't that good, even the West Brom fans are split on how good he is as he done f*** all for them last season, I couldn't care less how much his fee is in relation to Chopra's as the majority of the country laughed when they paid that, he isn't even close to Taylor in terms of ability and he isn't the experienced defender we should be looking for to bring the best out of him.

Isn't close to Taylor?

When Davies was a first team defender for West Brom two years ago in the premiership, not to mention their captain where was Taylor?

Davies struggled with injuries last year and that is why he was so up and down. To claim he is no where near Taylor is rather shocking.

You say he isn't the experienced defender we need but what's to say we will not still be adding an experienced defender to the mix in addittion to Davies, which I think will be ideal. Or are you happy for Ramage to be one of our top four centre-backs next season?

Being captain of Newcastle United is slightly different to being a captain of a Championship club.

From what I've seen of Davies he isn't a patch on Taylor, he's physically weak for the size of the lad but is good with the ball at his feet, the West Brom fans rate Paul Mcshane a better player than him and I'd take their word for it as they watch them every week.

As for your ridiculous comment about Ramage, of course I don't want him in the squad but the chances of us signing Davies and an experienced defender that's any good are rather slim, unless you're suggesting Davies will come here as back up which makes his £8 million fee even more ridiculous.

About fuking time.

Did we?

Isn't close to Taylor?

Being captain of Newcastle United is slightly different to being a captain of a Championship club.

From what I've seen of Davies he isn't a patch on Taylor, he's physically weak for the size of the lad but is good with the ball at his feet, the West Brom fans rate Paul Mcshane a better player than him and I'd take their word for it as they watch them every week.

As for your ridiculous comment about Ramage, of course I don't want him in the squad but the chances of us signing Davies and an experienced defender that's any good are rather slim, unless you're suggesting Davies will come here as back up which makes his £8 million fee even more ridiculous.

In order to feel better about Davies being a backup at that price we could pretend we paid £2.5 million for him and £8 million for Rozehnal who won't be back up.

My point is that it all balances out. Considering we got such a good deal on Rozehnal I think it would make sense. It's not like Davies is 28 or something, he will still have a chance to contribute and he would eventually end up in the first team someday.

If we then brought in someone like Hyypia to, who again wouldn't cost to much, to bring the other three along and also to play against the tougher opponents like the Chelseas that would work I think.

About fuking time.

Did we?

Isn't close to Taylor?

In order to feel better about Davies being a backup at that price we could pretend we paid £2.5 million for him and £8 million for Rozehnal who won't be back up.

My point is that it all balances out. Considering we got such a good deal on Rozehnal I think it would make sense. It's not like Davies is 28 or something, he will still have a chance to contribute and he would eventually end up in the first team someday.

If we then brought in someone like Hyypia to, who again wouldn't cost to much, to bring the other three along and also to play against the tougher opponents like the Chelseas that would work I think.

I've never seen this Rozenhal in a competitive match so I won't comment if it's a good deal or not, I don't think the idea of pretending we paid different fee's for them is something I'll be doing in the near future either since I'm 27 and not 15.

Guest Gemmill

Baggio, you are the unhappiest man in the world at the minute.  No one that we sign or are linked with is good enough.  What's going on?

About fuking time.

Did we?

Isn't close to Taylor?

I've never seen this Rozenhal in a competitive match so I won't comment if it's a good deal or not, I don't think the idea of pretending we paid different fee's for them is something I'll be doing in the near future either since I'm 27 and not 15.

I was obviously joking about pretending, although at a guess I would have thought you were about a lot younger than 15.

We need another good, young defender as I am not impressed by Ramage and Huntington and Edgar are for further down the road.

If Arsenal could pay £10 million for Walcott who wasn't even really in the squad last year then I don't see  why we can't pay £8 million for a young defender who will be in the squad and who we could brin along till he is ready to partner Taylor for years to come.

Baggio, you are the unhappiest man in the world at the minute.  No one that we sign or are linked with is good enough.  What's going on?

What a difference a ...... signing makes.

24............. Million Pounds?

Brought two top defenders...... where there used to be shite.

My yesterday was blue, dear.... But as Shepherd's gone, now it's clear....

My yesterday was blue, dear.... But as Shepherd's gone, now it's clear....

My lonely nights are through, Dyer....... since you fucked off down south.

He isnt the experienced defender I think we still need but he is a very good player. If we signed Hyypia who I doubt will play a huge amount of games all our defenders will get a decent amount of games. Especially as Rozehnal can play as a DM.

Got to remember that strikers generally cost a lot more than defenders. Bent, Chopra and Nugent are all strikers, and Bent has plenty of Premiership experience.

£8m for a Championship defender with no Premiership experience is a lot of money.

Got to remember that strikers generally cost a lot more than defenders. Bent, Chopra and Nugent are all strikers, and Bent has plenty of Premiership experience.

£8m for a Championship defender with no Premiership experience is a lot of money.

He has a fully season's worth of it iirc.

He played for a year in the EPL and was class.