Atmosphere last night....

kane2005

Yet again the ToonUltras turneid up in full voice , with more banners and flags than we've ever had before. It was a great moment when we actually got the full ground to stanid up while chanting a few songs.

I thought our performance in the stands was great last night , an is certainly something to build on.

Guest Gemmill

Yet again the ToonUltras turneid up in full voice , with more banners and flags than we've ever had before. It was a great moment when we actually got the full ground to stanid up while chanting a few songs.

I thought our performance in the stands was great last night , an is certainly something to build on.

:lol:  Are you like this with your lass?

"I thought I gave you the ride of your life last night.  I'd be surprised if you've ever had better.  Keep a hold of me love cos it's all downhill from here if I go."

"I thought I gave you the ride of your life last night.  I'd be surprised if you've ever had better.  Keep a hold of me love cos it's all downhill from here if I go."

Enjoy it on the TV?

Guest johnson293

Well done for creating an atmosphere, but it'll probably be more difficult at the league games than at a friendly.

At league games, you have the boring non-singers in their own seats again, whereas at a friendly, you probably have many people who dont go to games who take the opportunity to have a sing/chant, etc.

Woudl be good to get a real rousing atmosphere again, and hopefully the team will be good enough on the pitch to get the 'quiet ones' singing as well!!

Guest Gemmill

Enjoy it on the TV?

I didn't even watch it on telly mate.  Am I about to get involved in a game of soopafan top trumps?

Well done for creating an atmosphere, but it'll probably be more difficult at the league games than at a friendly.

At league games, you have the boring non-singers in their own seats again, whereas at a friendly, you probably have many people who dont go to games who take the opportunity to have a sing/chant, etc.

Woudl be good to get a real rousing atmosphere again, and hopefully the team will be good enough on the pitch to get the 'quiet ones' singing as well!!

You also get a lot of drunken teenage charvas attending, most which have come back to post on here to tell us what shit fans we are for not going.

mackems.gif

You also get a lot of drunken teenage charvas attending, most which have come back to post on here to tell us what s*** fans we are for not going.

mackems.gif

hopefully that wasnt towards me because im not a charver! im far from a one

i dont drink/smoke!

You also get a lot of drunken teenage charvas attending, most which have come back to post on here to tell us what s*** fans we are for not going.

mackems.gif

hopefully that wasnt towards me because im not a charver! im far from a one

i dont drink/smoke!

Why would i think that? Been coming on here telling people how shit they are for not going?

No ive been telling people not to try and tell me anything if they dont go to the games because everyone seems to want to take the piss out of me

Are you some sort of footballing fountain of knowledge then, and going to games makes you so?

How long have you been going to games? You should ask SSN's for a job, you sound far too clued up about the game to be on here. In fact when SA doesn't deliver our heightened expectations, I'll personally send a letter to Mr Mort to come ask you for advice first before appointing, if you are THAT great you might even walk away with the job.

No ive been telling people not to try and tell me anything if they dont go to the games because everyone seems to want to take the piss out of me

Are you some sort of footballing fountain of knowledge then, and going to games makes you so?

How long have you been going to games? You should ask SSN's for a job, you sound far too clued up about the game to be on here. In fact when SA doesn't deliver our heightened expectations, I'll personally send a letter to Mr Mort to come ask you for advice first before appointing, if you are THAT great you might even walk away with the job.

Didnt say i was great

first game when i was 6 then ive went to all home games 4years onwards, and 10-20 away matches the past 3seasons

why?

all i was trying to say was i dont want people trying to take the piss out of me and telling me everything about what i say about nufc because they dont even go to the games

Didnt say i was great

first game when i was 6 then ive went to all home games 4years onwards, and 10-20 away matches the past 3seasons

why?

all i was trying to say was i dont want people trying to take the piss out of me and telling me everything about what i say about nufc because they dont even go to the games

So you are 13 years old?

Impressive tbf to you. You will grow up to be a fine supporter one day.

What about people who've done all that, but just don't attend anymore, is their knowledge classed as used and yours as better? I know being 13 you know absolutely everything there is to know about the world, but some of these guys you are calling 1st attended games before you were born, try showing them some respect eh?

Didnt say i was great

why?

So you are 13 years old?

What about people who've done all that, but just don't attend anymore, is their knowledge classed as used and yours as better? I know being 13 you know absolutely everything there is to know about the world, but some of these guys you are calling 1st attended games before you were born, try showing them some respect eh?

Im 14

im not taking the mick or anything just i dont like people taking the mick out of me

oviously alot of people on here have attended more games than me because im 14

ive got respect for people who go to alot of games for however long before i was born

Didnt say i was great

why?

So you are 13 years old?

Im 14

im not taking the mick or anything just i dont like people taking the mick out of me

oviously alot of people on here have attended more games than me because im 14

ive got respect for people who go to alot of games for however long before i was born

I've read the threads, you throwing about 'i go to games' comments just doesn't wash around here.

This time of year we have a huge problem of kids signing up, coming on, not reading the rules, full of testosterone, desperate to show their support, give their opinions, and slag anything off (including the way the forum is ran) they don't like. They either fuk off and get bored, school starts again and the don't come back, they get banned for either being a cock or breaking too many rules, or they settle in, grow up and become decent posters.

Now i'm hoping the last of that applies to you, but the soopafan thing doesn't go down too well on here. Its a forum for starters, some of the older members signed up in the 1st place due to the lack of ability to get to games, geographically, financially or morally (many people were so unhappy with FS's regime they didn't attend, including me) so show their support elsewhere, and keep up to date with the club through this place.

At the moment its quite easy for you to attend games no? I doubt you are paying for it? You've got a great parent there who's giving you some excellent memories but unfortunately for some thats not possible, and friendlies come bottom of the list when choosing what you can afford to do. So not only are your comments poor in context, they are also badly timed with it coming out after a friendly game.

Next time argue an opinion you don't like with the knowledge you've gained from going to matches, but don't use the 'i go to matches' line, as soon as you do, you've lost.

Read into my comments what you like, you might think i'm coming across a tad patronising, and you'd probably be right. But out of the recent spate of teenage posters we've had sign up, my hope pins on you being one of the good ones when you settle down.  :thup:

I was in the Milburn last night towards the Leazes End and to be honest, I scarcely heard any singing by our fans.  Thought the Celtic fans just totally drowned out any home support althought I could see that we were trying to respond in the Gallowgate but just couldn't hear it at the other end of the ground.

I usually sit in the Gallowgate (thought I would try a different part of the ground last night) and I do think a lot of the noise often drifts out of the ground before the other end hear it.

Hope the Ultras keep it up next season.  Perhaps if we perform better on the pitch that may also help the atmosphere.

Mind you, could do with a few new songs.  Get so bored hearing the same old same old.  Probably bores the players as well.

I remember hearing a really good Nobby song in a pub in Grimsby when we played them in the League Cup.  Everyone was singing it and I am sure it was one that was simple enough to be be sung at a game.

I don't know the name of the original song but it is one of those "easy listening" ones and where they normally sing "I love you baby", they were singing Nobby Solano - can't remember the other lyrics(!) - so much better than just chanting his name.  Anyone remember this song?  I am sure I have heard it briefly elsewhere.

I was in the Milburn last night towards the Leazes End and to be honest, I scarcely heard any singing by our fans.  Thought the Celtic fans just totally drowned out any home support althought I could see that we were trying to respond in the Gallowgate but just couldn't hear it at the other end of the ground.

I usually sit in the Gallowgate (thought I would try a different part of the ground last night) and I do think a lot of the noise often drifts out of the ground before the other end hear it.

Hope the Ultras keep it up next season.  Perhaps if we perform better on the pitch that may also help the atmosphere.

Mind you, could do with a few new songs.  Get so bored hearing the same old same old.  Probably bores the players as well.

I remember hearing a really good Nobby song in a pub in Grimsby when we played them in the League Cup.  Everyone was singing it and I am sure it was one that was simple enough to be be sung at a game.

I don't know the name of the original song but it is one of those "easy listening" ones and where they normally sing "I love you baby", they were singing Nobby Solano - can't remember the other lyrics(!) - so much better than just chanting his name.  Anyone remember this song?  I am sure I have heard it briefly elsewhere.

"We love you Nobby, because your 5'2, we love you Nobby because your from Peru, we love you Nobby, black and white through and through...!"

"We love you Nobby, because your 5'2, we love you Nobby because your from Peru, we love you Nobby, black and white through and through...!"

other version might be this?

nobby solano, hes only 5ft2 nobby solano, he comes from peru nobby solano, he loves to play for the toon

other version might be this?

nobby solano, hes only 5ft2 nobby solano, he comes from peru nobby solano, he loves to play for the toon

Aye a think theres 2 slightly different versions.