Silvestre Turns Us Down

Crumpy Gunt

This is getting worrying now. We really need some players. Silvestre is an idiot if this is true.

What a clown for staying at the premiership champions...

By the way this kind of talk gets a bit old. The guy never played anymore, Wes Brown was cover at CB and Heinze and Evra play at left-back. It's all very good being with the champions but it has to be the worst feeling when you don't contibute a damn thing.

It's not like he is being approached by a championship club or anything! We might not be champions but we have some promise with a good manager, who Ferguson himself rates highly, and with new ownership and other good players joining the club.

So please all this talk of staying with the champions is a bit much. You don't as a player stay at a club just because their champions if you aren't given an opportunity to play, especially if you are pretty decent and all.

Guest brewer

Heinze is overrated.

No pace, poor positioning, terrible on the ball, no ability going forward for a supposedly superb full back, regularly made a fool of by an players with half decent pace, totally reckless and dangerous in the air, he's not even that good a tackler, he just dives into them with such ferocity it's assumed he's good at it, he's not.

I've also yet to see proof he can actually play at centre back.

Silvestre at least has his pace to covers the odd error he makes. In general though he's not that bad IMO and never has been. He is also an extremely good crosser.

Heinze is overrated.

No pace, poor positioning, terrible on the ball, no ability going forward for a supposedly superb full back, regularly made a fool of by an players with half decent pace, totally reckless and dangerous in the air, he's not even that good a tackler, he just dives into them with such ferocity it's assumed he's good at it, he's not.

Silvestre at least has his pace to covers the odd error he makes. In general though he's not that bad IMO and never has been. He is also an extremely good crosser.

That's the most wrong I've ever seen crammed into a single post

Heinze is overrated.

You must be new...

Still you have a point.

Guest brewer

Heinze is overrated.

Silvestre = individual errors.

Heinze = awful performances.

It's hardly surprising that some players would balk at sharing a changing-room with Joey Barton.

Personally, I believe the lad is honest and intelligent enough to overcome his temper and off-field problems -- and Allardyce is hopefully exactly the kind of mentor he needs -- but I'm biased. I want him to rehabilitate because he's now our player and we need the kind of grit and determination he brings to the squad. But I can hardly blame someone from outside for looking at his record and thinking, "I don't want anything to do with that fucking maniac."

Some people need to give their head's a shake. A French international who can cover 3 of the 4 defensive positions currently playing for (one of) the best team(s) in the land and people are turning their noses up at him!

Unbelievable.... :rolleyes:

Boumsong ;)

Are you comparing Boumsong to Silvestre?

Speak to Man U fans and they'll tell you he's their Boumsong.

Guest Ridzuan

I wonder if Joey havnt sign for us,and Big Sam goes for Silvestre.That would be interesting.But well,if he aint signing for us,we should move on and look for other players.

Poor defender in my eyes, masked by pace and a world class partner alongside him (club/country). Hes done alright for ManU in his time there, played at the highest levels against the best players (often poorly imo), but thats more a testament to how great Ferguson is at getting the best out of average players and gelling them in alongside top class ones.

Guest Bramble OG

Would be a good signing for 3-4m but he would be cousting double that so quite happy to miss out..

Guest Guinness

Would have been a decent enough signing IMO, but you have to ask if he has indeed turned us down who Allardyce will turn to next? A clue might be in his quantity but not quality comments.

I think we have to face the fact that we're going to have to pay a bit over the odds at this stage for the kind of experienced central defender we want. £7 million is a bit steep, but I don't think we can afford to quibble at the price.

He'd definitely be an improvement on what we have, even if he can't get into the Man U first eleven. There was a thread on Darren Fletcher which produced a similar reaction ie he's crap. He's not brilliant, but he's certainly not crap.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bollocks. Silvestre is exactly the kind of player we need.

Never wanted Barton.

Good job your not the manager then!

Would take Silvestre but only as a left back

This guy has plenty of Brambleque moments. Enough for Fergie to buy 2 LB's to make sure he doesn't get a game.

IF this the type of defender we're having to look at (for whatever reason) it's gonna be a moody season.