Faye signs three year deal

STM

The latest is that Faye should be signed this week and will be the last of our summer signings according to Alan Oliver, which would mean that Smith is not only Dyers replacement but he was signed at the expense of a right back. Oh happy days...

Aye, we were far better off under Roeder. Its been one fucking nightmare after another this summer.

Guest dougaco

from.com

Latest news from Lancashire is that the deadlock between Bolton and Newcastle over the transfer of Abdoulaye Faye has been broken and our eighth signing since Sam arrived should now be completed fairly quickly.

Guest LucasUnger

The latest is that Faye should be signed this week and will be the last of our summer signings according to Alan Oliver, which would mean that Smith is not only Dyers replacement but he was signed at the expense of a right back. Oh happy days...

Aye, we were far better off under Roeder. Its been one f****** nightmare after another this summer.

shut the fuck up, you wanker! far better off under roeder???

Aye, we were far better off under Roeder. Its been one f****** nightmare after another this summer.

Yep, i'm with Northern Monkey and Baggio. Our squad is shit and Allardyce has basically done nothing to improve us.

Sam said he is happy with our squad

im not

If he's happy, then he's an idiot. If he's just saying it to keep players happy until he finds better,fair enough.

The fact that he looks to have been attempting to sign Beletti and Faye would suggest he knows it needs improvement.

we don't know how seriously he's chased anyone, of course.

Hardly much point in discussing anything to do with proposed transfers if you take that view though. Howay man mate, I think it's fairly likely he's looked at the RB spot. I think it's fair enough he's played Carr there too. Other options are available to him but he conceivably thinks we need Taylor in the middle and Geremi is required there too. Solano is an option too but I think that leaving out a player who has expressed a desire to leave the club sends out the right message to the squad as a whole. And while Solano did well there at times last season (and I like Solano a lot), he wasn't the revelation there some would have you believe. Just my two-penneth and I'm not for a moment saying playing Carr at right-back is anything like ideal.

:lol:

im not

If he's happy, then he's an idiot. If he's just saying it to keep players happy until he finds better,fair enough.

The fact that he looks to have been attempting to sign Beletti and Faye would suggest he knows it needs improvement.

Hardly much point in discussing anything to do with proposed transfers if you take that view though. Howay man mate, I think it's fairly likely he's looked at the RB spot. I think it's fair enough he's played Carr there too. Other options are available to him but he probably he conceivably thinks we need Taylor in the middle and Geremi is required there too. Solano is an option too but I think that leaving out a player who has expressed a desire to leave the club sends out the right message to the squad as a whole. And while Solano did well there at times last season (and I like Solano a lot), he wasn't the revelation there some would have you believe. Just my two-penneth and I'm not for a moment saying playing Carr at right-back is anything like ideal.

in fairness, if he plays liek did on Saturday again, i'd not let Geremi anywhere near the centre of midfield again.

Yep, i'm with Northern Monkey and Baggio. Our squad is shit and Allardyce has basically done nothing to improve us.

You're an idiot. And i mean that with the least possible respect.

While Carr is a poor RB their is no piont in replacing him with someone we will need to replace in a year.

Better to find someone quality than buy any old tripe.

I agree. Besides, we still have Taylor, Solano and Geremi as options there,

You're an idiot. And i mean that with the least possible respect.

You try to big up someone's opinion and thats the response you get....

im not

Hardly much point in discussing anything to do with proposed transfers if you take that view though. Howay man mate, I think it's fairly likely he's looked at the RB spot. I think it's fair enough he's played Carr there too. Other options are available to him but he probably he conceivably thinks we need Taylor in the middle and Geremi is required there too. Solano is an option too but I think that leaving out a player who has expressed a desire to leave the club sends out the right message to the squad as a whole. And while Solano did well there at times last season (and I like Solano a lot), he wasn't the revelation there some would have you believe. Just my two-penneth and I'm not for a moment saying playing Carr at right-back is anything like ideal.

in fairness, if he plays liek did on Saturday again, i'd not let Geremi anywhere near the centre of midfield again.

Who did play well on Saturday, other than Harper. One bad game? Get a grip man.

im not

Get a grip? He's had one ok game, and one shit one. I KNOW it's too early to say he's no good, but its equally too early to say he's great.

Milner played ok on Saturday, compared to the rest of them. Rozenhal also did well. And Butt did well at working hard ot fix Geremi's fuckups.

im not

Get a grip? He's had one ok game, and one shit one. I KNOW it's too early to say he's no good, but its equally too early to say he's great.

Milner played ok on Saturday, compared to the rest of them. Rozenhal also did well. And Butt did well at working hard ot fix Geremi's fuckups.

I'm not saying he's great, I'm having a go at you for saying he's one bad game away from never playing in central midfield for us again.

im not

I'm not saying he's great, I'm having a go at you for saying he's one bad game away from never playing in central midfield for us again.

What i meant was that if he plays that badly again, i'd have other players ahead of him in central midfueld, and play him at right back.

im not

What i meant was that if he plays that badly again, i'd have other players ahead of him in central midfueld, and play him at right back.

Saves us wasting money on an average full-back just to replace Carr too ;)

Guest elbee909

I think some monitors don't come with 'irony-dispensing display' technology. :)

I think some monitors don't come with 'irony-dispensing display' technology. :)

I think the language barrier/new-ishness of the respondent probably had it's part to play as well.

Lucas, he was being sarcastic :laugh:

shut the f*** up, you w******! far better off under roeder???

;D smart one there  :laugh:

So are we expecting this one to finally go through today/tomorrow now then?

Thank f*** for that, if so.

Any confirmation on what was the hold up?

Gartside had locked Faye in the mascot's changing room at the Reebok, left him dressed as a lion.

Might find himself playing RB the way things are going.

Wouldn't surprise me. If we don't get a RB in before the deadline then I can't see Carr remaining first-choice there much longer, now that we might have 4 decent centre-halves to keep happy - all of whom can play there.

So are we expecting this one to finally go through today/tomorrow now then?

Thank f*** for that, if so.

Any confirmation on what was the hold up?

Gartside had locked Faye in the mascot's changing room at the Reebok, left him dressed as a lion.

makes sense to me.. some real messrs going on about price negotiations- they should get their head checked and think more logically. ta