Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest graemeh72

i would welcome him he has that  aggressive play that i think that big sam is looking for and he gives his 100 % which is more than you can say about many of modern time footballers

Agreed, prefer him too Dyer

...need defenders though ... this is getting very worrying

I'd rather add £2m and get a left back, right back and central defender.

Or are we playing 7 up top next season?

Tomorrow's Daily Mail says he's coming to us as long as Beattie's move happens

Come on Robson! :lol:

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here. I don't want Smith or Beattie!

:(

Would rather add 2million and get Gudjonsen

I'd rather buy a real midfielder and get some defenders tbh.

He's both a midfielder and a striker. Just like Smith it's the versatility that appeals, except Gudjonsen has a lot more ability.

I'm not a great Dyer fan, but Smith couldn't lace his boots. £6m ffs. The mackems got a better deal on Richardson and I mean that.

Dyer's a better player but he's hated on Tyneside by too many. Smith, might have less ability, but just like Bowyer he'll be vocally appreciated. Looks like a straight swap is on the cards.

I'm not a great Dyer fan, but Smith couldn't lace his boots. £6m ffs. The mackems got a better deal on Richardson and I mean that.

Dyer's a better player but he's hated on Tyneside by too many. Smith, might have less ability, but just like Bowyer he'll be vocally appreciated. Looks like a straight swap is on the cards.

Bowyer was appalling up here. Aside from his obvious comtempt for civilised society, its hard to see what impact he had at all in footballing terms. Smith is more likely to produce. We do need another central midfielder though. Beyond Geremi and Butt we have Barton who is injured and Emre who is just poor.

That Bowyer was appalling?

That we're signing Smith to replace Dyer.

Take out the one of the few players we have that has pace and replace him with a grafter in Smith. Shocking stuff.

That Bowyer was appalling?

That we're signing Smith to replace Dyer.

Take out the one of the few players we have that has pace and replace him with a grafter in Smith. Shocking stuff.

Yeah, well if we sell Martins aswell we may well have the most one paced side in the league. It'll be a laugh a minute at SJP. Not to worry though, the lynch mob have decided one is off and no doubt a band of triers will quench their thirst for 'hard work'.

Smith would be fine as a squad player and is versatile but I see nothing equitable about that change in player.

Guest Gemmill

I think this is a decent signing tbh.  We need to build a big squad of good players who can come in and do a job when required.  I have no problem with Alan Smith being part of that squad.

Guest Guinness

Would rather add 2million and get Gudjonsen

I'd rather buy a real midfielder and get some defenders tbh.

This