Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

Any genuine developments since Page 10-ish? Cheers...

Tomorrow's Times says that Man Utd have given us permission to talk to him.

If i was gonna believe a paper, i'd believe the Times. Well, good news in the fact that it's another body, i suppose. Not my ideal choice but as Midds outlined at a point much earlier in this thread, Dyer out for £6m, Smith in for £6m is good business. Wonder how versatile he is.

If i was gonna believe a paper, i'd believe the Times. Well, good news in the fact that it's another body, i suppose. Not my ideal choice but as Midds outlined at a point much earlier in this thread, Dyer out for £6m, Smith in for £6m is good business. Wonder how versatile he is.

left back ??

For £6m i'd get Baines.

You'll have to be quick, signing for us tonight

http://i9.tinypic.com/4z4h4j9.png

Baines looks about as interested as I was watching that match tonight.

Ivica Dragutinović ( born November 13, 1975 in Prijepolje, Serbia, ) is a Serbian footballer. He currently plays for Spanish La Liga side, Sevilla F.C. and is nicknamed Drago.

He began his career at Serbian side FK Borac Čačak before heading to Belgium's Jupiler League to join K.A.A. Gent. He left Gent but stayed in Belgium, signing for Standard Liège in 2000. He was an overwhelming success at Standard and played over 200 games for them. In the Summer of 2005, many teams attempted to buy him, with Sevilla FC succeeding. He is contracted to Sevilla until the Summer of 2008.Now, Premier League sides Newcastle (managed by Sam Allardyce) and Manchester City have an interest for Serbian defender. Sevilla will only let him leave for a fee in the region of 8 to 12 million euros. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Dragutinović has played 33 games for Serbia and Montenegro .

He also holds a Belgian passport, so he is not included in the three non-EU player quota of La Liga.

Too much money for player who have 31 years(in November 32).-I think.

left back ??

I'm not going to be argued with over the forward/oveer/left-back situation. :lol: If you were to read my earlier posts, you'd see that i was very against this signing. But, if it is how it is, then we'll be positive in the fact that it's another body - when it looked as though we were running out.

Ivica Dragutinović ( born November 13, 1975 in Prijepolje, Serbia, ) is a Serbian footballer. He currently plays for Spanish La Liga side, Sevilla F.C. and is nicknamed Drago.

He began his career at Serbian side FK Borac Čačak before heading to Belgium's Jupiler League to join K.A.A. Gent. He left Gent but stayed in Belgium, signing for Standard Liège in 2000. He was an overwhelming success at Standard and played over 200 games for them. In the Summer of 2005, many teams attempted to buy him, with Sevilla FC succeeding. He is contracted to Sevilla until the Summer of 2008.Now, Premier League sides Newcastle (managed by Sam Allardyce) and Manchester City have an interest for Serbian defender. Sevilla will only let him leave for a fee in the region of 8 to 12 million euros. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

He also holds a Belgian passport, so he is not included in the three non-EU player quota of La Liga.

Have you seen much of him mate? What do you think of him?

For £6m i'd get Baines.

:lol: I thought it was alright. Especially when Arteta was on the ball.

Was surprised we were passing Bremen off the park at points! Never thought I'd see that anytime soon, they were shit and lucky to get a draw. Nuno Valente was terrible mind so Baines can't come quick enough.

8mill euros is only about 5mill quid isn't it?

Yes I seen Dragutinovic several times and Dragutinovic is very good player.I think that He is better than Babayaro but He is too old for us for this price!

Ivica Dragutinovi? ( born November 13, 1975 in Prijepolje, Serbia, ) is a Serbian footballer. He currently plays for Spanish La Liga side, Sevilla F.C. and is nicknamed Drago.

He began his career at Serbian side FK Borac ?a?ak before heading to Belgium's Jupiler League to join K.A.A. Gent. He left Gent but stayed in Belgium, signing for Standard Liège in 2000. He was an overwhelming success at Standard and played over 200 games for them. In the Summer of 2005, many teams attempted to buy him, with Sevilla FC succeeding. He is contracted to Sevilla until the Summer of 2008.Now, Premier League sides Newcastle (managed by Sam Allardyce) and Manchester City have an interest for Serbian defender. Sevilla will only let him leave for a fee in the region of 8 to 12 million euros. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Dragutinovi? has played 33 games for Serbia and Montenegro .

Yes I seen Dragutinovic several times and Dragutinovic is very good player.I think that He is better than Babayaro but He is too old for us for this price!

Man City offerred €4m I read somewhere. Our offer will be in the same region I should imagine.

For £6m i'd get Baines.

:lol: I thought it was alright. Especially when Arteta was on the ball.

Was surprised we were passing Bremen off the park at points! Never thought I'd see that anytime soon, they were s*** and lucky to get a draw. Nuno Valente was terrible mind so Baines can't come quick enough.

I supose it wasn't that bad for a pre season game, we've been quite lucky with the Celtic and Juventus games being decent to watch.

Valente was all over the place for the first goal, the second they scored was pretty comical too, your lot seemed to go to pieces at the back when Lescott and Yobo went off which was understandable but your equaliser was the pick of the bunch, their right back just stood there waiting for the ball to come to him 2 yards from goal! :lol:

No way do Sevilla want £5.4 to £8 million for him.  They'd have to be insane to ask for that.  He's nearly 32 now and has only one year left on his contract.  He could be Ronaldinho and he wouldn't cost close to that in those circumstances.  Basically, I don't believe that Wiki comment in the slightest...

What would you say his best position is? Left back or centre back?

No way do Seville want £5.4 to £8 million for him.  They'd have to be insane to ask for that.  He's nearly 32 now and has only one year left on his contract.  He could be Ronaldinho and he wouldn't cost close to that in those circumstances.  Basically, I don't believe that Wiki comment in the slightest...

Then change them.

Ivica Dragutinovi? ( born November 13, 1975 in Prijepolje, Serbia, ) is a Serbian footballer. He currently plays for Spanish La Liga side, Sevilla F.C. and is nicknamed Drago.

He began his career at Serbian side FK Borac ?a?ak before heading to Belgium's Jupiler League to join K.A.A. Gent. He left Gent but stayed in Belgium, signing for Standard Liège in 2000. He was an overwhelming success at Standard and played over 200 games for them. In the Summer of 2005, many teams attempted to buy him, with Sevilla FC succeeding. He is contracted to Sevilla until the Summer of 2008.Now, Premier League sides Newcastle (managed by Sam Allardyce) and Manchester City have an interest for Serbian defender. Sevilla will only let him leave for a fee in the region of 8 to 12 million euros. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Dragutinovi? has played 33 games for Serbia and Montenegro .

Man City offerred €4m I read somewhere. Our offer will be in the same region I should imagine.

from Sky Sports:

Newcastle United and Manchester City are ready to battle it out for the signature of Ivica Dragutinovic.

The Serbian stopper is highly-regarded by his club Sevilla, but the 31-year-old is keen to test himself in the Premier League and with just one-year left on his current deal, a move looks possible.

Dragutinovic, who can play in central defence or at left-back, was linked with a move to City earlier this month - but now Newcastle are set to rival them for his signature.

Reports in Spain claim that a Newcastle delegation has travelled to Seville to open talks in a bid to seal a quick move.

Dragutinovic is aware of the interest from England and is keen on the switch and it now remains to be seen which club, if any, can broker a deal with Sevilla.