Dragutinovic - Set to sign new Sevilla contract

Guest TrEe

Guest jamesmartinsmith

With it looking like a deal is soon to go through, what do we know about him?

He's 32 in November and has played just under 400 league games in his career. He has been in Seville's centre back pairing since 2005 but is he strictly a centre-back or is he more versatile i.e. can he play as a left/right back or defensive midfielder?

Guest Phil K
Don't get your knickers in a twist big bollocks.

Do you have big bollocks, Dave ?

Are you on the run from Viz and in hiding on a footie fanzine ?

Do you carry said big bollocks around in a wheelbarrow ?  :cheesy: :laugh:

Guest SwissMagpie

From Sky Sports

Serb to decide on Newcastle

Newcastle target Ivica Dragutinovic is set to decide where his future lies on Monday.

Magpies boss Sam Allardyce is understood to have offered the Sevilla defender a three-year deal.

Dragutinovic admitted earlier this week that he did not want to reject the 'financial opportunity of his life', with Newcastle ready to triple his salary.

However, reports in the Spanish press suggest Dragutinovic is still mulling over whether he wants to join a club that will not play European football this season.

Sevilla have qualified for the UEFA Champions League and coach Juande Ramos has spoken to Dragutinovic about staying.

The Serbian could be offered a new deal by Sevilla with a pay rise.

Guest Toon83

He probably will sign this is just a way of showing the Sevilla fans he isnt just walking out on them, to keep them onside IMO, on the Baines deal we have no chance, and it would be pointless after we have signed Jose Enrique

He probably will sign this is just a way of showing the Sevilla fans he isnt just walking out on them, to keep them onside IMO, on the Baines deal we have no chance, and it would be pointless after we have signed Jose Enrique

Sevilla are by far a better and more talented proposition right now than our own club, if he gets the money he wants he could easily decide to stay.

Sevilla are by far a better and more talented proposition right now than our own club, if he gets the money he wants he could easily decide to stay.

Are Sevilla going to triple his current wage though?, I very much doubt it.  Also he wants to play in the Premiership and at 31 if that's going to happen it has to happen now.

There's no way Sevilla are going to triple his current wage.  Also he wants to play in the Premiership and at 31 if that's going to happen it has to happen now.

How do you know what they are going to pay him?

Even if they doubled it he'd probably go for that imo. Unless he really really wants out, which he's never hinted at.

Guest Chris P

there's was a quote from the gaurdian on nufc.com, saying he knocked out a spanish comedian who "patted" his arse

There's no way Sevilla are going to triple his current wage.  Also he wants to play in the Premiership and at 31 if that's going to happen it has to happen now.

How do you know what they are going to pay him?

Even if they doubled it he'd probably go for that imo. Unless he really really wants out, which he's never hinted at.

Sevilla aren't a wealthy club, they're obviously already paying Dragutinovic what they can afford (he's an established player there).  I really can't see them doubling that let alone triple it.  Also as I said he's said he wants to play in the Premiership (but strangely most press seem only to quote his comment on financial rewards..)

Guest Guinness

From Sky Sports

Newcastle target Ivica Dragutinovic is set to decide where his future lies on Monday.

Magpies boss Sam Allardyce is understood to have offered the Sevilla defender a three-year deal.

Dragutinovic admitted earlier this week that he did not want to reject the 'financial opportunity of his life', with Newcastle ready to triple his salary.

However, reports in the Spanish press suggest Dragutinovic is still mulling over whether he wants to join a club that will not play European football this season.

Sevilla have qualified for the UEFA Champions League and coach Juande Ramos has spoken to Dragutinovic about staying.

Hopefully he opts for us, we could really do with a hard bastard like him at the back.

Guest Chris P

living in Sweden and knowing a few Serbs I'd love us to sign this dude. Serbs stab first and ask questions later. proper nutters

Guest arkanoider

From Sky Sports

Hopefully he opts for us, we could really do with a hard b****** like him at the back.

Bad news. Dragutinovic is playing now a friendly with Sevilla F.C against a portuguese team. That could mean that Ivica will stay at Sevilla. There are rumours here that Sevilla has offered a new deal. In my opinion, if he is looking forward to sign for us, he shouldn't play this game.

Guest arkanoider

there's was a quote from the gaurdian on nufc.com, saying he knocked out a spanish comedian who "patted" his arse

Yes this is true. It was last year and the comedian is a influent person in Sevilla C.F.

“I am happy in Sevilla but the English offer is very important in all aspects, not exclusively in terms of money,”

“It really is very complicated to reject the chance to join Newcastle.”“I have always wanted to play in England, the league is strong and for men like me the physical aspect is not a problem.“I know English football and Newcastle is one of the historic clubs and the objective will be to fight for a European position.”“The coach (Sam Allardyce) tried to sign me for Bolton during my stay in Belgium (with Standard Liege) so I am not unknown to him.”

Sounds to me like he is leaning more towards joining us and isn't concerned about the lack of European

football.

Yes this is true. It was last year and the comedian is a influent person in Sevilla C.F.

Excellent, if he comes over here we should tell Alan Oliver to check his back pockets.