The media can f*ck off and so can the doom mongers

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

are you actually crying HTT?

fairy godmother and the ugly sister not living up to expectations?

In floods here. :lol:

The problem is, it's working. It's working up Toon fans and worrying others.

Personally, I'm sick of the way they are going on but not worried, some want the club to keep making statements, I don't, things will calm down eventually.

Guest Knightrider

It's the local media that concern me, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Oliver and co started to stir the shit out of spite because they are now not getting drip fed their asinine "exclusives" anymore. I've also noticed the Journal have been giving good coverage to Ashley's Sports Direct news headlines.

Guest Knightrider

The majority of the hysteria comes from idiots who struggle to comprehend correctly Allardyce's comments about the board anyway.

More like it.

Now, am gonna try and be careful not to sound like on of these doommongers and am sure to fail, but i read to taday about 5 or 6 newspapers all sayin the same thing, about money being made available, now generally i usully take what the papers say as horse s***, especially the small print and vain attempts to try and squeaze any drama out of a minor altercation, but today unlike most other days, the papars have been writing substantial amounts about the same 'money plea' subject. To me there does seem to be a shred of truth of wats happening, HTT has pretty summed up my feelings abo the present state and i have been very optimistic about everything that SA has done, but i feel that Ashley being an agressive astute businessman is unable to release any substantial funds into a company with debts of £80m, it wouldn't make sense....not yet anyway, which puts us in a difficult place

Have to say for me the 'deadwood being cleared out' bit of that makes me happiest. I'd settle for another 14th place finish if at the end of the season we had a squad that was 100% committed and working well as a team. That's the kind of thing you can build on.

In the mean time I'm not too worried. I mean look at Wigan, they've signed seven players and they were Titus Bramble, Antoine Sibierski, Mario Melchiot, Andreas Granqvist, Carlo Nash and Jason Koumas. It's going to be a good season I reckon, and things will calm down a lot once we've got some points on the board.

The majority of the hysteria comes from Allardyce's comments about the board anyway.

This is it. Our own manager has giving us the cause for concern, its him who thinks there is a lack of communication, its him who thinks they know fuk all about football, its him who's pissed off with missing out on targets, its all come from him, his mouth and he wants us to know about it.

Then on the other side we've got a reclusive owner who won't state at all what his intentions are. The fans are the most important part of this football club, and were being treated as if we don't exist right now. Like i said in another thread, the Yanks at Liverpool did it right, it was cheesy, they used all the lines, but at least they arrived, and told the fans what their mission is. I think its fair enough we know what his intentions are, he doesn't need to talk about spending, just how far he wants to go with the club, confirm the early rumours, or deny them and tell us it will be sensible business, get rid of debts and make the club profitable.

What's happening instead is the media are having a fuking field day with us, not just football, but the financial fukers are on our case as well. You say don't give them anything, we already have by saying nothing and it wont go away until announcements and players come through the door.

We all love the straight talking Allardyce, god knows you've (HTT) mentioned it often enough, why cant we have a straight talking, honest and upfront board as well?

It's the local media that concern me, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Oliver and co started to stir the shit out of spite because they are now not getting drip fed their asinine "exclusives" anymore. I've also noticed the Journal have been giving good coverage to Ashley's Sports Direct news headlines.

Now this cunt is out to cause trouble, real trouble for the club. The cord has been cut and this fuker is spurting everywhere, but most know not to listen to a madman rambling in his final days of life.

The majority of the hysteria comes from idiots who struggle to comprehend correctly Allardyce's comments about the board anyway.

More like it.

That's bollocks HTT, the majority of the people on this board have picked up on how worried he sounds in interviews when talking about backing from the board, even his comments about being able to get quantity but not quality, board moving too slow etc.

It's ridiculous calling people idiots because they don't share the patience you have, the same patience that's bit you on the arse more than once before.

The majority of the hysteria comes from Allardyce's comments about the board anyway.

That's true, they should learn to communicate without the media.

Nobodys saying that Mick, however if you're going to come out and say "I'll get the quantity but I'm not sure about the quality" then you've got to expect fans to be worried about the players coming in.

Perhaps people have been spoilt by all of the cash spent by the old board?

The Nigerian Walter Mitty.

:lol:

There's a guy where I work we call Walter Mitty, pissed myself laughing reading that.

I've been frustrated a bit recently, cos I really feel we're only a few solid defenders away from being a pretty formidable team.

Midfield is fine with Butt, Geremi, Emre, Barton and likely Smith a decent pool of players. Then there's Milner, Solano, N'Zogbia, Duff (eventually) and possibly even Luque looking to create from midfield.

Viduka, Owen, Martins and Ameobi are a decent 4, and as Northern Monkey alludes to we have Andy Carroll looking a decent prospect. Reckon Carroll will be out on loan this season, and Ameobi has about two years to prove himself or Carroll could be taking his place in the squad.

This experienced CB thing makes sense. Reckon Taylor and Rozenhal will be given the chance to play together at CB, with the new signing there to step in if one of them struggles. Only seen Rozenhal in two games, obviously, but he's seemed a calm head so far. The test will be when the season starts though, obviously.

We need a LB, and I'll be disappointed if we don't have one as there's nobody in the squad at the moment who can play there as anything more than emergency apart from Babyaro, who's injured.

After that, I'm fine. Happy enough with Carr, Geremi and Solano as options for RB. Ramage, Huntington and Edgar to step in in the case of injury crisis. Stear clear of an ijnury crisis at the back and there's no reason we shouldn't push for Top 6.

Hopefully the new owners are getting on well with Sam, that's my only proper worry.

Hell of a lot happier about things than I was two months ago though.  :celb:

Guest Knightrider

This is it. Our own manager has giving us the cause for concern, its him who thinks there is a lack of communication, its him who thinks they know fuk all about football, its him who's pissed off with missing out on targets, its all come from him, his mouth and he wants us to know about it.

Then on the other side we've got a reclusive owner who won't state at all what his intentions are. The fans are the most important part of this football club, and were being treated as if we don't exist right now. Like i said in another thread, the Yanks at Liverpool did it right, it was cheesy, they used all the lines, but at least they arrived, and told the fans what their mission is. I think its fair enough we know what his intentions are, he doesn't need to talk about spending, just how far he wants to go with the club, confirm the early rumours, or deny them and tell us it will be sensible business, get rid of debts and make the club profitable.

What's happening instead is the media are having a fuking field day with us, not just football, but the financial fukers are on our case as well. You say don't give them anything, we already have by saying nothing and it wont go away until announcements and players come through the door.

We all love the straight talking Allardyce, god knows you've (HTT) mentioned it often enough, why cant we have a straight talking, honest and upfront board as well?

TT, do you honestly expect Ashley who has only been in control 2 weeks to come out and state his plans? This is one of the reasons why he's doing a review, so he can get his plans laid out properly. This is all good business practice and while it may not tally with the football side, tough, this is needed and the club's future depends on it, or rather Ashley's plans do.

Anyway...

Lets be honest here, the main gripe with fans is that we're seeing other clubs spend money and we haven't, we are also all desperate for a new left-back and a new centre-back, and with 2 weeks to go to the big kick-off, we are getting more desperate by the minute. Everything else is all fuzz and a load of old bollocks.

And you know it.

Guest Invicta_Toon

nothing said about the mongs who keep posting quoteless stories though, the the uber mongs who reply 'It's probably absolute bollocks BUT......and go on to basically assume it's correct"

More like it.

That's bollocks HTT, the majority of the people on this board have picked up on how worried he sounds in interviews when talking about backing from the board, even his comments about being able to get quantity but not quality, board moving too slow etc.

It's ridiculous calling people idiots because they don't share the patience you have, the same patience that's bit you on the arse more than once before.

Its fine to call those who do have a bit of patience idiots though I take it?

nothing said about the mongs who keep posting quoteless stories though, the the uber mongs who reply 'It's probably absolute bollocks BUT......and go on to basically assume it's correct"

Aye but those threads are likely to be locked as one was today.

That's true, they should learn to communicate without the media.

Nobodys saying that Mick, however if you're going to come out and say "I'll get the quantity but I'm not sure about the quality" then you've got to expect fans to be worried about the players coming in.

Perhaps people have been spoilt by all of the cash spent by the old board?

The bold bit was the strangest thing to say. It sent out all the wrong vibes - including to the players he will be signing assuming they hear/read about them. Quite bizzare.

Guest Knightrider

More like it.

Aye, maybe it is harsh to call them idiots, but my point stands, there has been a hell of a lot of hysteria over comments which really, when analysed could mean a whole manner of different things.

My advice to you is go on a Bolton forum and ask them about Big Sam's whine fests and over exaggerations, they'll tell you all about them.

Look at the left-back thread man, he didn't say he wasn't going to sign a left-back, yet that's what people had read. Look at his quotes about N'Zogbia, he didn't say he wasn't going to sign a left-back because he had N'Zogbia, but again that's how people read things.

I am patient yes and it has bitten me on the arse a few times, not that it really means anything, but I think when a manager has only been in charge 2 plus month and a new board just the 2 weeks, with all our problems, we all need to be fucking patient.

More like it.

Its fine to call those who do have a bit of patience idiots though I take it?

That depends, there's people having patience and there's blind faith.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Has Sven been in the press lately whinging like a cunt about not being able to get players? Or Martin O'Neill the world's biggest moaning wanker ever?

ISn't that called opinion?? People not allowed to interpret stories then??