New contract for Oba without the clauses - The Times

Guest Toon83

Guest Invicta_Toon

I wonder who else earned a renegotiation this year 1 season after joining. Berbatov?

Yes.

from what to what?

Spurs want to negotiate a new contract for him, he doesn't have a buy out clause either.

If he did and they felt it would be activated do you think they would be stupid to renegotiate?

You not going to answer this then, Vic?

do you think there's been similar interest for both players like? and do you think Berbatov is on 60k?

No there hasn't and I doubt Berbatov is on £60k, you didn't answer my question btw.

based on your answer, have a guess what I might think

I don't want to guess, I want you to tell me.

You said: "what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?"

If Spurs had a £13 million clause in Berbatov's contract when he signed would you think it was a bad idea?

well did he cost them £10m and is he as good as Martins?

I wonder who else earned a renegotiation this year 1 season after joining. Berbatov?

Yes.

from what to what?

Spurs want to negotiate a new contract for him, he doesn't have a buy out clause either.

If he did and they felt it would be activated do you think they would be stupid to renegotiate?

do you think there's been similar interest for both players like? and do you think Berbatov is on 60k?

No there hasn't and I doubt Berbatov is on £60k, you didn't answer my question btw.

You said: "what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?"

If Spurs had a £13 million clause in Berbatov's contract when he signed would you think it was a bad idea?

They both cost around the £10 million mark.

What has him being as good as Martins got to do with anything? You didn't say anything about how good they were, you just specified "a player that cost £10m"

So would they have been stupid to put a £13 million get out clause in his contract when they signed him?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yes.

from what to what?

What has him being as good as Martins got to do with anything? You didn't say anything about how good they were, you just specified "a player that cost £10m"

So would they have been stupid to put a £13 million get out clause in his contract when they signed him?

has anyone put a bid in for him yet? if they did and he went for £13m, are you honestly saying they would be slitting their wrists? I would say why does he want to leave, given the crap spouted about tottenham and their vision. And like I said, my attitude is tainted by the probable fact that Martins wasn't worth £10m to start with, so to ensure your money back and more is sound sense. You know that valuations can go down as well as up?

Yes.

from what to what?

has anyone put a bid in for him yet? if they did and he went for £13m, are you honestly saying they would be slitting their wrists? I would say why does he want to leave, given the crap spouted about tottenham and their vision. And like I said, my attitude is tainted by the probable fact that Martins wasn't worth £10m to start with, so to ensure your money back and more is sound sense. You know that valuations can go down as well as up?

You haven't answered the question again, Vic.

Guest Invicta_Toon

plus if Tottenham had put clauses in every strikers contract when they signed, how many would they still be stuck with warming the bench surplus to requirements, because they didn't fancy giving up their renegotiated contracts?

imho a total pussy attitude to be so desperate to keep an on form but un proven player

plus if Tottenham had put clauses in every strikers contract when they signed, how many would they still be stuck with warming the bench surplus to requirements, because they didn't fancy giving up their renegotiated contracts?

imho a total pussy attitude to be so desperate to keep an on form but un proven player

A simple yes or no will do.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yes.

from what to what?

No.

though why you didn't get that from the previous 3 replies is beyond me

Guest Invicta_Toon

A simple yes or no will do.

No.

tbh I was writing this to your previous post, but the forum spazzed out

Guest Invicta_Toon

What has me being at school got to do with anything, Vic?

that you should be in bed by now?

Yes.

from what to what?

No.

So you don't think it would of been a bad idea to put a £13 million buy out clause in a players contract even though he's valued around £25 million now?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yes.

from what to what?

No.

So you don't think it would of been a bad idea to put a £13 million buy out clause in a players contract even though he's valued around £25 million now?

because you don't assume every Tom Dick and Harry you sign will increase in value by 250%

Yes.

from what to what?

No.

because you don't assume every Tom Dick and Harry you sign will increase in value by 250%

I would have thought that would have been the perfect reason not to have one, unless you don't think he'll perform and go up in value which makes you wonder why you were buying him in the first place.

You're entitled to your opinion though, Vic. O0

Guest exilim

Don't like the fact that we are giving crazy wages to our players but that's the way to keep them here now, we are not even in the top 10 for your info.

Would rather take away his clause, increase his wage and keep him here as he's a huge prospect for the club.

I don't know about you but i think release clauses are f****** ridiculous, i have a player going for 5 million because he did so well for the season yet have a release clause of 2m slapped on my face.

what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?

even more, who pays the fucker even more to 'ignore' it? I mean are we actually saying if someone came in for Martins for £13.1m, we want him to refuse and we won't consider the deal? f*** sake, he's good, but he's not that FCKin good

Because a players value goes up if they perform well over a season?

plenty had him under-valued to the tune of 50% when he arrived, swings and roundabouts tbh

£3m in a year? doubt it. In fact, who has ever left NUFC for a profit, let alone £3m in a year?

Everyone's transfer value has gone up dramatically since the new TV money came in. I bet Richardson wouldn't have commanded anywhere near the fee he did without it, for one.

what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?

even more, who pays the fucker even more to 'ignore' it? I mean are we actually saying if someone came in for Martins for £13.1m, we want him to refuse and we won't consider the deal? f*** sake, he's good, but he's not that FCKin good

Because a players value goes up if they perform well over a season?

plenty had him under-valued to the tune of 50% when he arrived, swings and roundabouts tbh

£3m in a year? doubt it. In fact, who has ever left NUFC for a profit, let alone £3m in a year?

It doesn't matter what people thought of him when he first came here, if he improves his consistency over next season then he's likely to get a few clubs interested in him, why make it easy for a club to potentially take him off our hands on the cheap?

The higher the min clause the better that way you can't lose. On the continent star players have ridiculous min release clauses and if Martins had gone there him min release clause would have been at €30 euro or summat.....But that doesn't mean if you want rid you wouldn't accept a lower offer. The higher min release clause is there to protect the club.

The case with Oba I suspect is that HE insisted on the clause as a way of escaping to another PL club after one or two impact seasons here.

I mean are we actually saying if someone came in for Martins for £13.1m, we want him to refuse and we won't consider the deal? f*** sake, he's good, but he's not that FCKin good

No he isn't that good right now (though it could be argued that he is in the current market, look at Bent), but he still has at least 5 years until he hits his peak age.  He's easily worth a bit more then we paid for him right now, who knows what he'll be worth in a couple of years.