Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

I can understand why an agent might want to contact Oliver if he was going to name drop to try and put pressure on Chris Mort via the fans, the thing is that this hasn't happened which makes that scenario almost negligible.

Spot on & I agree the contact details are out as many people have proved. Maybe someone in this tale didnt want the story to be kept out of the news, that is the way I see it.

The lack of a name makes that one highly unlikely, to me anyway.

And so do top agencies.

nobody said they didn't. Simple fact though, is people are misrepresenting Olivers story because they don't like him, when it could well be true.

Wrong, people just can't fathom why a top agent would ignore plenty of other avenues to contact a chairman, in order to get details from a local reporter instead. And Spence's theory doesn't make any sense either :D

as pointed out, we have a new chairman and owner. It would be fairly sensible to assume that their contacts are still being built up throughout the game. As people have pointed out,  AO is in a delicate position if he starts saying things like this which aren't true.

Guest Knightrider

Now that the fat b****** has gone and can't be blamed for anything [correct ?], its now going to be Oliver. One person has even said somewhere that he is actually part of the problem at the club. Mind boggling.

Spence has told us that agents do contact the local journalist for the major paper that covers the club. Why dispute this ? It's fairly obvious that this would be one way of doing it, while accepting there are others.

Whether this information was supposed to be kept confidential is another matter entirely. Time will tell if it is correct. I would say that going through a switchboard was not the most secure method of contacting him either. But there's nowt like misrepresenting someone just because you don't like them is there ?

I wouldn't have thought Chris Mort would put his personal number, landline or mobile, on the internet BTW.

People will be saying next that brown paper bags have never been exchanged on motorway cafe's  :lol:

Whatever people's personal feelings about Alan Oliver, the fact is that local press journo's like him, with all clubs, get to know a lot of things which aren't made public, and they have an extensive list of contacts.

A club employee will be more secure than the local hack though. :lol:

Spot on & I agree the contact details are out as many people have proved. Maybe someone in this tale didnt want the story to be kept out of the news, that is the way I see it.

Well this agent must be a complete fuckwit because the best way to get your man into a lucrative job is to piss the chairman off by going to local hack so he can write some rumours, mislead fans and put the current manager under more pressure, the exact opposite of what Mort would want.

Aye...

AO is more cleverer than you it would seem because he's pulled the wool over your eyes.

Look, he has it in for the manager because he's now out the loop, so he makes up some bullshit to put that manager under pressure, he also has to sell papers so he mentions big names.

Honestly, after all the years of sheer shite from this man people are still willing to believe there could be some truth in this. :lol:

Wishful thinking....

Guest Knightrider

And so do top agencies.

nobody said they didn't. Simple fact though, is people are misrepresenting Olivers story because they don't like him, when it could well be true.

Wrong, people just can't fathom why a top agent would ignore plenty of other avenues to contact a chairman, in order to get details from a local reporter instead. And Spence's theory doesn't make any sense either :D

as pointed out, we have a new chairman and owner. It would be fairly sensible to assume that their contacts are still being built up throughout the game. As people have pointed out,  AO is in a delicate position if he starts saying things like this which aren't true.

Their contacts aye, but any agent could find a way to reach the chairman without having to contact a local reporter as I have proved having found his contact details myself using the internet.

Agents have access to industry information like the contact details of a chairman, a manager, a player even. Clubs also have access to this system.

As for AO, he's never been right yet. This is the man who said it would be MON based on sources close to him then one day said "as I understand it, MON was never considered an option"

This is the same man that said Emerton would be signing.

:lol:

Now that the fat b****** has gone and can't be blamed for anything [correct ?], its now going to be Oliver. One person has even said somewhere that he is actually part of the problem at the club. Mind boggling.

Spence has told us that agents do contact the local journalist for the major paper that covers the club. Why dispute this ? It's fairly obvious that this would be one way of doing it, while accepting there are others.

Whether this information was supposed to be kept confidential is another matter entirely. Time will tell if it is correct. I would say that going through a switchboard was not the most secure method of contacting him either. But there's nowt like misrepresenting someone just because you don't like them is there ?

I wouldn't have thought Chris Mort would put his personal number, landline or mobile, on the internet BTW.

People will be saying next that brown paper bags have never been exchanged on motorway cafe's  :lol:

Whatever people's personal feelings about Alan Oliver, the fact is that local press journo's like him, with all clubs, get to know a lot of things which aren't made public, and they have an extensive list of contacts.

A club employee will be more secure than the local hack though. :lol:

Aye...

AO is more cleverer than you it would seem because he's pulled the wool over your eyes.

I knew that though.

Found this: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Contacts

Do you know any club employees or journalists  ?

Yes, why?

Your irrational hatred of FS is now explained. You are a deposed member of the shite board pre-1992  :lol:

Their contacts aye, but any agent could find a way to reach the chairman without having to contact a local reporter as I have proved having found his contact details myself using the internet.

Agents have access to industry information like the contact details of a chairman, a manager, a player even. Clubs also have access to this system.

As for AO, he's never been right yet. This is the man who said it would be MON based on sources close to him then one day said "as I understand it, MON was never considered an option"

Funny you should mention MON as he was the last person to phone Oliver.   :lol:

Your irrational hatred of FS is now explained. You are a deposed member of the s**** board pre-1992  :lol:

Excellent deduction, from knowing somebody within the club and a Journalist I become a deposed board member, that's almost split my sides because of the laughter, that's a classic.   bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Funny you should mention MON as he was the last person to phone Oliver.   :lol:

Is that the same MON who some on here claimed was no better than Roeder?! mackems.gif

And so do top agencies.

along with other "signings" I'm sure.

This current topic is vastly different to signing Emerton though.

Your irrational hatred of FS is now explained. You are a deposed member of the s**** board pre-1992  :lol:

Excellent deduction, from knowing somebody within the club and a Journalist I become a deposed board member, that's almost split my sides because of the laughter, that's a classic.   bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

oh I don't know mick, your anti - Shepherd agenda and insisting that the old board that sold all our best players for decades were "just the same" has entertained me for a canny while now.

mackems.gif

Your total obsession is shown by you clinging to that avatar. Wonder who you are blaming for the current position ? Don't tell us, I forecasted it didn't I ? If Sam is successful, Ashley and Mort get the credit and if he isn't Shepherd gets the blame  :lol:

oh I don't know mick, your anti - Shepherd agenda and insisting that the old board that sold all our best players for decades were "just the same" has entertained me for a canny while now.

mackems.gif

Your total obsession is shown by you clinging to that avatar. Wonder who you are blaming for the current position ? Don't tell us, I forecasted it didn't I ? If Sam is successful, Ashley and Mort get the credit and if he isn't Shepherd gets the blame  :lol:

I suggest you check both of our posting records and see who posts the most about the board before throwing stones.  :lol:

Great find Mick :thup:

If only these mystery top agents only knew how to use Google

To be fair you found it, you just didn't click on it.

Great find me :thup:

If only these mystery top agents only knew how to use Google & TheSpence knew what to click on.

I can now see the problem some agents would have though.

mackems.gif

I suggest you check both of our posting records and see who posts the most about the board before throwing stones.   :lol:

As I said, your obsession is shown by you clinging to your avatar. I suspect it means a lot to you  mackems.gif

As I said, your obsession is shown by you clinging to your avatar. I suspect it means a lot to you  mackems.gif

What's this thread about?   bluelaugh.gif

its certainly developed into something that shows a lot of people can't see the blindingly obvious

Some people need to get a grip here and think about what they are posting.

If, for arguments sake I was Mourinho's agent and wanted to contact Chris Mort I'd ring the switchboard and tell whoever answered who I was and who I wanted to speak to.  1 of 2 things would happen, whoever answered the switchboard would either ring through to Chris Mort and tell him who I was and why I wanted to speak to him or would ask me for my number and would pass that on.  Some lass answering a phone will not be making decisions about who does and who doesn't speak to the chairman, she'd lose her job if she was contacted by Mourinho's agent and failed to pass the message on.

As for the "nasty" agent, he must also be as thick as shit because he forgot to mention to Oliver who he was representing, in doing so he's failed to do what he's supposed to have wanted to do, his clients name is still unknown so nobody is shouting for him to be taken on as manager.

With regards to the switchboard, that is assumming it is a top agent representing a top manager. The switchboard probably takes hundreds of calls a day, and gets prioritised. Given that the phone call was from someone claiming to represent a top agent this guy could be below the echelons of people Mort is willing to speak to, hence he goes to Oliver so he can get directly to Mort. For unless they genuinely wanted the publicity, a top agent wouldn't need to go through Oliver or the switchboard.

With regards to the name not being mentioned, I'm sure people like Mourinho wouldn't like their name released as someone doing the dirty behind Sam's back. After all, Sam is very popular in the English game. Not divulging names adds pressure without holding individuals accountable.