Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

Please read very carefully and give careful consideration!

Take a ride with me for a moment and imagine that Oliver is telling the truth ...

-We have been linked with Gudjohnsen for ages and all along we were told Martins was about to sign for Arsenal. What if Martins was being touted and the plan was to bring in Eidur and sell Martins and in the process get another £5 million in. However, Arsenal pull out and so we cannot tie up the Eidur deal as we still have Martins. We end up pissed off!

-All of a sudden West Ham show up and are interested in Eidur too, which pisses us off proper! We know they also want Dyer and although they are willing to stump up the cash we tell them to f*** off because they are interfering in our deal for Eidur. We tell them that they cannot sign Dyer unless they back off of Eidur. We therefore make enquiries for Smith incase they don't back off, and they enquire about Smith too as they imagine Smith and Dyer is better than Eidur alone with no Dyer. In the end we are hoping to end up with Eidur while they get Smith and Dyer. We hope to end up with Eidur with the money made from selling Dyer.

-On the other hand we are still looking for a buyer for Martins. Harry was desperate for Martins last year and so we give him a call. We know he is still looking for a number 9 and we say to him he can have ours for the £10 million we paid for him as long as he throws in Sol Campbell. We imagine he will so does Sol who says Portsmouth will not be his last club. We hope to end up with Campbell and £10 million.

-With the £10 million extra we now have we purchase a defensive midfielder, lets say Papa Bouba Diop, which allows Geremi and Barton to push forward and we get another couple of defenders,probably the Sevilla left-back and the AZ Alkamaar right-back.

With all this we end up with the following new players ...

Steinarson, Dragutinovic, Papa Bouba Diop, Sol Campbell and Gudhohnsen. We do not actually spend any money as this is funded by Dyer and Oba leaving.

The question is, would you be happy?

If we sell Martins, it's IMPERATIVE that whoever replaces him has some pace as well. What if Owen gets injured? Viduka, Ameobi and Gudjohnsen as options? Fuck that.

Anyway, like Oliver has a clue anyway.

Guest NackerDan

Milner's like the slowest winger ever.

N'Zogbia and Owen would be our only two players I'd consider pacey, until Duff returns anyway.

damien duff is a pile of horse shat

N'Zogbia and Owen would be our only two players I'd consider pacey, until Duff returns anyway.

which other winger in our team has won the league twice?

Guest NackerDan

which other winger in our team has won the league twice?

oh rite, and theres me thinking he won it with 10 other players as well as a squad, a hat full of cash and a okish manager!!!

silly me

Nice use of tense. :lol:

He's been shite, yeah. Was a massive critic of his last year.

Doesn't mean he doesn't have pace though, and there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be hoping he'll be decent for us next year. Allardyce's fitness things could be of gigantic help to Duff, whose always been a player who has looked best when he's fit and sharp.

The fact that he got so many games at Chelsea shows he's a useful player, even if purchasing him when we did was a poor move, which is where most of the vitriol cast in his direction arises from.

Guest NackerDan

Nice use of tense. :lol:

He's been s****, yeah. Was a massive critic of his last year.

Doesn't mean he doesn't have pace though, and there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be hoping he'll be decent for us next year. Allardyce's fitness things could be of gigantic help to Duff, whose always been a player who has looked best when he's fit and sharp.

The fact that he got so many games at Chelsea shows he's a useful player, even if purchasing him when we did was a poor move, which is where most of the vitriol cast in his direction arises from.

to be honest its just a person view of mine that i think hes crap, 5million means that you should do something that stands out, when he signed i thought duff, 5mill, great business but hes been hopeless....cant see it improving, hope it does for him and us

Guest graemeh72

Not really. We'd be one of the slowest teams around for a start.

Aye but we'd be able to win all those long balls that come down from the stratosphere

Guest NackerDan

1 bad season in a s**** team (with no striker to aim for) with a League 2 standard manager and Duff's a 'crap' player

pathetic tbh

thats right no striker to aim for......martins played all season, and did sib? and frankly am shite but wenger couldnt make me a good player so if duffs that good the fact that roeder is of a "league 2 standard" shouldnt matter

pathetic TO BE HONEST

No i would not be happy. I think Steinsson is useless from the little I have seen him. Martins is a key player for us and we shouldn't sell our best players to fund new players who aren't as good. 

• 5 months later...

Just been reading in to days chronicle that a 'top' managers agent had been in contact with Anal and Chris Mort which nearly blew him away. He tells us to watch this space. Anything in this or more Anal bollocks?

Why would a top agent get in touch with Oliver?