Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Guest whizzer

Let's all say, Good Riddance!

West ham fans coming to our forum gonna start panicking :D

were not panicking, on his day he can be a great player. I think you need to get real, we only bought him as back up because Faubert is injured when he is back dyer will be keeping our bench warm.

Very expensive bench warmer tbh.

Who cares - were minted......

My, didn't take you long to become the poor man's Chelsea, whom I'm sure your lot had a good go at for having exactly the same attitude.

Sorry didn't mean it like that - at the moment we- and newcastle- have a pot of money due to new investers, we are promised £40M on new players and with the purchase of Dyer we have only spent£8M, therefore we have £32M to spend. As you will be aware West Ham have never had that sort of money,

Fair enough.  But it only goes so far, and however much money you have, you always want value for money.  With Dyer, you don't get it.  What about the other signings you've made, anyway?  The wage bill alone must be going a bit mental.

Yeah the wage bill must be massive, apparently we have offered Gudjohnsson £80K a week!!!!! A bit mad in my opinion, but then again we could buy trevor Sinclair and pay £10K per week. But then where would that get us...........

:lol: West Ham signing more ex-Newcastle players with no end product and injury problems

Bellamy's a great player and Dyer can be handy when playing in a top team as he proved when we finished in the top5 three seasons running, which leave Bowyer who's s**** and your hero Parker.

We on the other hand have replaced him with Alan Smith who's scored 2 goals in his last 50+ games, at least he gets stuck in though which should keep the Parker fanboys happy.

:lol:

He was a great player for us, don't you agree?

Guest firetotheworks

The only time Dyer ever plays well is when he's got something to prove, be that commitment/attitude/quality. So in that respect West Ham fans can look forward to him playing well for a month and then disappearing when the going gets tough, then getting injured, coming back, playing badly, fans getting complacent then Dyer proving a point for a month and then the cycle repeating again. Chuffed we got rid of him for that fee.

:lol: West Ham signing more ex-Newcastle players with no end product and injury problems

Bellamy's a great player and Dyer can be handy when playing in a top team as he proved when we finished in the top5 three seasons running, which leave Bowyer who's s**** and your hero Parker.

We on the other hand have replaced him with Alan Smith who's scored 2 goals in his last 50+ games, at least he gets stuck in though which should keep the Parker fanboys happy.

He did well for us. Peter Beardsley was great for us though. The difference in the quality between the two is enormous tbh

He did well for us. Peter Beardsley was great for us though. The difference in the quality between the two is enormous tbh

Perhaps great should be used in a slightly wider range, If Beardsley was great and Bellamy was good, what has Milner been for us?

Agreed.

I'm sick of the cock end 'other team' posters coming on here acting like twats, no need to start threads and acting the same over on their boards, especially since they've shot you down in flames to make it even more embarrassing.

Go over and talk football if you must, but lets not resort to their crap.

Perhaps great should be used in a slightly wider range, If Beardsley was great and Bellamy was good, what has Milner been for us?

Not as good.

Guest elbee909

Anyone got any stats - y'know, appearances, goals, assists, re. Kieron Dyer?

Sorry to quote myself, but here's what 8 million gets you:

PL                                        Europe

99-00 Newcastle United 3 Goals, 24 Games (-) 2 Games

00-01 Newcastle United 5 Goals, 26 Games (-) 2 Games

01-02 Newcastle United 3 Goals, 17 Games (-) 3 Games

02-03 Newcastle United 2 Goals, 35 Games 2 Goals, 12 Games (Champions League)

03-04 Newcastle United 1 Goals, 25 Games 2 + 5 Games (Champions League + UEFA Cup)

04-05 Newcastle United 4 Goals, 23 Games 2 Goals, 7 Games (UEFA Cup)

05-06 Newcastle United 11 Games

Agreed.

I'm sick of the cock end 'other team' posters coming on here acting like twats, no need to start threads and acting the same over on their boards, especially since they've shot you down in flames to make it even more embarrassing.

Like there? http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92081&start=840

It was a joke tbh.

Very average imo. If Robert or Ginola were good he hasnt got anywhere near them.

Agreed.

Like there? http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92081&start=840

It was a joke tbh.

Am just seeing it from the other POV tbf, where posters like that coming on our boards are a pain in the arse, joke or not and get people worked up whivh really is their true intentions whether they admit it or not.  :lol:

Anyone got any stats - y'know, appearances, goals, assists, re. Kieron Dyer?

Sorry to quote myself, but here's what 8 million gets you:

PL                                         Europe

99-00 Newcastle United 3 Goals, 24 Games (-) 2 Games

00-01 Newcastle United 5 Goals, 26 Games (-) 2 Games

01-02 Newcastle United 3 Goals, 17 Games (-) 3 Games

02-03 Newcastle United 2 Goals, 35 Games 2 Goals, 12 Games (Champions League)

03-04 Newcastle United 1 Goals, 25 Games 2 + 5 Games (Champions League + UEFA Cup)

04-05 Newcastle United 4 Goals, 23 Games 2 Goals, 7 Games (UEFA Cup)

05-06 Newcastle United 11 Games

Bellamys stats are little better. It's not football manager and both players do an awful lot off the ball that simply doesnt get picked up by stats. Teams can't settle when you have players like that. Not a great fan of that line of argument I'm afraid.

NSG, didn't you go wumming on the Spurs board when we beat them to Parker and then Duff - and possibly even the Liverpool one when we signed Owen?

Apologies if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember you doing that. Bearing in mind the subsequent performances of those players, don't you think you should learn to let the players do their talking/not do it before gloating about it on other fans' forums?

Dyer is a winger, so his job isn't really getting goals

Anyway, glad to see this saga finally coming to end, 8m is a pretty decent fee to get on an injurey prone player who hasn't started alot in our team in the last few years.

Also, can't believe that Allardyce was nice enough to play him in all of those behind close doors/warm-up games, i am sure that had we played a premierleague game yesterday Dyer would've propbley started aswell ???

NSG, didn't you go wumming on the Spurs board when we beat them to Parker and then Duff - and possibly even the Liverpool one when we signed Owen?

Apologies if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember you doing that. Bearing in mind the subsequent performances of those players, don't you think you should learn to let the players do their talking/not do it before gloating about it on other fans' forums?

You are wrong.

The only WUMing I did was on he Villa board telling them they'd signed Bramble on a 5 year deal. That's about it.

Also, save this for PMs if you have a problem with me.

Agree that the squad is now missing something in midfield. Everything now looks much more solid, but we need a touch of sparkle, pace and creativity.

I agree. It was missing before Dyer left though ;)