Everything falling into place?

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At last I am starting to look forward to the new season. Looks like we will have 3 new signings including two very competent defenders if Cacapa and the Serb sign on. Despite the fact they won't have Prem experience, the next best option was to sign quality, seasoned pros and they tick the right boxes there.

The signings made haven't been spectacular, but so far they are very solid. We are for once looking like we might be able to go into a new season with a squad that can just about cope if all goes through smoothly.

Get in there!

Guest icemanblue

Does this mean that the majority of people on here are going to shut the fuck up now? I'm sick to the back teeth (yes! the back ones) of listening to the same ol' crap... 'ooooh, we're not signing anyone. I don't like Fat Mike anymore, he's gay and rubbish and crap. Sam too, he's a rubbish manager and he smells. Why can't we sign Michael Owen again? I'm off school today and want to hang around St James'.

Ahhhh. Much better.

Smith and two aging defenders, one with injury problems, nothing to shout about imo.

Better than nothing though.

jesus wept

Drago sound like he could be good, and the fact he can play LB will ease anxiety for the start of the season, the guy from Lyon isn't so bad on a free but sound a bit physically weak so is a bit of a gamble, but Smith is a stupid move. £6m spunked on that, terrible decision.

Smith and two aging defenders, one with injury problems, nothing to shout about imo.

The "two ageing defenders" are just what we need IMO, would have been better if they had Prem experience but that can't be helped. We need experience to go alongside the likes of Taylor.

Guest johnson293

jesus wept

Aye, some people's glasses are always half empty!!!

the smith deal will either work or flop but seen as the climate at the moment is for english players to have an inflated price if everton can get 4m back for james "new shearer my arse" beattie then it is a worth while gamble. He does good im sure he is only 26 he does badly we flog him on for 3-4m and only make a small loss.

The "two ageing defenders" are just what we need IMO, would have been better if they had Prem experience but that can't be helped. We need experience to go alongside the likes of Taylor.

Like i just said, there is good reason to sign them, especially Drago, strength and experience, and the ability at LB. Cacapa is a bit of a gamble in terms of his physique, especially since he's spent a lot of time injured (or thats what a few people are pulling up) but again another body and a free one. Smith, is just a waste of time. 4-3-3 it is then, not that am against a new formation, i just we could find better for the money.

Still not happy with Smith, but Cacapa & Drago I am. Just a right-back short of pushing top 6 now I reckon.

Smith is a straight swap for Dyer so no big loss there. Don't really see why people are complaing tbh. The defenders situation looks like it is being sorted which is the most important thing.

Still not happy with Smith, but Cacapa & Drago I am. Just a right-back short of pushing top 6 now I reckon.

Smith is a straight swap for Dyer so no big loss there. Don't really see why people are complaing tbh. The defenders situation looks like it is being sorted which is the most important thing.

It is, just i'd like a free midfielder to replace Dyer and spend £6m on a defender instead, especially when that £6m is going to be spent on Smith.

Agree with Toon' Taylor that we can't be certain that everything will work out perfectly. There is an element of a gamble, and all seems very short term, but I do think its the best we can do.

Guest icemanblue

Agree with Toon' Taylor that we can't be certain that everything will work out perfectly. There is an element of a gamble, and all seems very short term, but I do think its the best we can do.

Cheer up man!

Not just the team tbh

Read Morts interview in the Journal

Debt being worked on

Training Ground being looked at

Working to reduce injury occurence

Money to spend if needed

No spending for spending's sake

If we're not careful we're going to end up as a blueprint football club!

'Planning'

Guest icemanblue

Not just the team tbh

Read Morts interview in the Journal

Debt being worked on

Training Ground being looked at

Working to reduce injury occurence

Money to spend if needed

No spending for spending's sake

If we're not careful we're going to end up as a blueprint football club!

And yet people still aren't happy. To be honest, i wonder if most of our fans are concerned only with what's being said on SSN. 'If it ain't big signings, then it ain't shit!'

If we are to sign the two experienced defenders I then think it is a risk worth taking to sign Baines or Shorey. They are better than what we have (not that I want to sign someone purely on this basis) plus they will have experience in the new players to guide them.

If we could sign a right back as well I would be chuffed but if we had this pool of defenders to choose from next season I would not complain to much, Carr, Taylor, Rozy, Baines/Shorey, Capcapa, Drago, Hunty, Damage, Edgar, Baba. Yes it can be improved but it is in a much better state than we have had for the past couple of season. Maybe even let Hunty go out on loan for some Centre Back experience..

Bloody hell...a week ago everyone was shitting themselves because we were struggling to get anyone through the door...now we look like we may have got 2 or 3 signings in, two of them defenders and we are still carping!

which defender should we have bought for £6m?

Bloody hell...a week ago everyone was shitting themselves because we were struggling to get anyone through the door...now we look like we may have got 2 or 3 signings in, two of them defenders and we are still carping!

which defender should we have bought for £6m?

Baines, Shorey, Bridge?

Any of them would have more impact than Smith for £6m.

Taylor will play right back if everyone is fit I reckon.

......................Given

Taylor...Cacapa...Rozenhal...Dragutinovic

.............Geremi........Barton

.....................Smith

......Viduka....................Martins

....................Owen