José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

annoying...but doesn´t sound like we can do much except to cash in. get 8-10 mill.

get Wendt on a free + another young promising LB or a 5-8 mill proven LB and we should be all right!

Guess it will be easier to sign a good LB when its clear Jose is leaving....

If it's wages he's pissing about over, I bet he wasn't whinging when he was picking up £50k a week where for a year his toughest opponent was Wayne f***ing Routledge.

The club have said they cannot get him or his advisors to discuss a new contract so they will not have got to the stage where wages are discussed.

Jose wanting to move on seems to be more about personal ambition than money.

Guest Chubby Jason

Maybe he doesn't realise there is an internet message board out there with loads of people on it that hate Liverpool. I'm sure if he did he would go somewhere else.

Echoing what others have said- anywhere but liverpool.

The problem now is that it will prove very difficult to replace him with a player of similar quality. Even if we got a transfer fee of £15m for him(unlikely), players in that bracket will have more attractive options than NUFC to choose from.

As a lot of our attacking threat comes down the left, this could be a real blow for next season if an adequate replacement is not found. A Simpson type player for leftback will not be enough if we really want to push on next season.

He could have said back in the autumn he'll stay the rest of the season, help us reestablish ourselves back in the division but he wants to join a club in the Champions League or whatever and I bet most would have accepted it and wished him the best of luck. He's took us for a ride since then with the 'wait until we're safe' crap.

Just my view, but my anger wouldn't really be about him going to Liverpool (if he is (sadly, they're still a very big club and a big draw)), but rather how he hasn't had the decency to say "look, I don't think I'm staying" a while ago. This whole "negotiate when we achieve survival" statement is going to reflect extremely badly on him, and it looks like being a hugely disappointing way for him to exit, after improving vastly on his time at yous and becoming one of the top 5 LBs in the league.

Guest Shaun

I'm just annoyed at being strung along for so long really.

Jose is really sorry for stringing you along.