José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Sturridge absolutely did him with a lush bit of skill at SJP, that's the only time I've ever seen anyone beat him with any of skill/power/pace in two seasons.

Aye, wanted us to sign Sturridge after that. Duff gave him a bit of a run round aswell at Craven Cottage and Tchoyi did alright against him at The Hawthorns iirc, the former probably more to do with the fact they've trained together like.

Guest firetotheworks

Any team outside of the PL would make it bareable for me. Going to Barca would make me sad, but I'd be pleased for him. Any team in the PL would be horrible, Liverpool would be horrific to bear.

Defensively Jose is a rock, but his attacking is probably too direct and not clever, or methodical enough for the way Barca play. He's definitely good enough imo and would improve immeasurably.

I think the whole world will be surprised how good Jose is attacking-wise if he goes to Barca. At Newcastle we don't have the movement to make the most of of his skill which is why he sometimes loses the ball when he ends up in a tight spot. At Barcelona he will be the ultimate defender.

Guest schmuck

Yeah he has great ability going forward - pace, energy, skill and delivery (what more do you need?) He just hasn't completely unlocked it yet as he has with his defending, but he will.

He's good at keeping possession and normally does so with Jonas.  The biggest problem is that as a team we're generally crap at keeping the ball.  He'd do alright with Barcelona I reckon.

He's good at keeping possession and normally does so with Jonas.  The biggest problem is that as a team we're generally crap at keeping the ball.  He'd do alright with Barcelona I reckon.

when jonas isn't there he gives the ball away an awful lot more as he has to pass more than 6ft.

He linked up well with Ferguson.  Isn't that the point anyway?  He's got no-one to pass to?  Barcelona play a short passing game so he'll have players around him more often than not.

Him going to Barcelona would be annoying when every fucker decides to suddenly pipe up about how good he is.

It'd give us the chance to say "told you so" though. I'd certainly take Bojan in a straight swap, left backs are usually a lot cheaper than strikers.

He linked up well with Ferguson.  Isn't that the point anyway?  He's got no-one to pass to?  Barcelona play a short passing game so he'll have players around him more often than not.

did he ? ferguson played well i'll grant you but there was little link up play. brace do play a short passing game but not as short as jose and jonas like it. when he doesn't give it to jonas it's often a poor pass/decision instead.

did he ? ferguson played well i'll grant you but there was little link up play. brace do play a short passing game but not as short as jose and jonas like it. when he doesn't give it to jonas it's often a poor pass/decision instead.

When he doesn't give it to Jonas he's blasting it long though, at Barca he'd have a lot more options than just the winger in front of him.

When he doesn't give it to Jonas he's blasting it long though, at Barca he'd have a lot more options than just the winger in front of him.

it's through going long he reduces the options, the winger shouldn't need to be 2ft away and he often has options inside. it will be interesting to see when/if he goes what he's like in possessioin without jonas there contracting all the play.

it's through going long he reduces the options, the winger shouldn't need to be 2ft away and he often has options inside. it will be interesting to see when/if he goes what he's like in possessioin without jonas there contracting all the play.

The going long is down to a lack of options.  That's just the way we play at the moment.

The going long is down to a lack of options.  That's just the way we play at the moment.

no it isn't as jonas doesn't seem to (even when he should),simpson doesn't and barton hasn't half as much since carroll left, tiote doesn't,nolan doesn't get the ball enough to,williamson does,colo doesn't,taylor does more than colo but not williamson.......have i missed anyone ?

no it isn't as jonas doesn't seem to (even when he should),simpson doesn't and barton hasn't half as much since carroll left, tiote doesn't,nolan doesn't get the ball enough to,williamson does,colo doesn't,taylor does more than colo but not williamson.......have i missed anyone ?

Taylor, Colo, Barton, Simpson and Williamson all go long during games.

Surely you can see that players more likely to go long are those with more of the field to aim at?  Why would Nolan and Jonas be hitting it long from the positions they are generally in?