St James' Park

Mick

If the Hull game is anything to go by then then the only way the ground will be lifting is if someone at the back shites themselves. I have never heard such a sad, boring bunch of fans as the majority of the toon fans at Hull. It was only the back three rows at the KC who bothered to sing throughout the match.

Were you the woman with the little lassy with Owen on the back on last seasons top ?

Depends  :coolsmiley: Are you going to say nice things about me?

Why wouldn't i  :smitten:

Guest toonlass

If the Hull game is anything to go by then then the only way the ground will be lifting is if someone at the back shites themselves. I have never heard such a sad, boring bunch of fans as the majority of the toon fans at Hull. It was only the back three rows at the KC who bothered to sing throughout the match.

Were you the woman with the little lassy with Owen on the back on last seasons top ?

Depends  :coolsmiley: Are you going to say nice things about me?

Why wouldn't i  :smitten:

Yes I am she, my new home top has Keegan and number 7 on it. The bairn sang her heart out at the match as she does at all the matches. She has only been to 5 so far this season.... ;D

No, never even seen us get a point. :lol:

Maybe I'm sitting with the wrong people...

You can come over but, you're not getting in.

And how do you intend to stop me, old man?  :knuppel2:

:razz:

Glad we don't play at Hull then  :rolleyes:

Carlisle was immense btw, so  :rolleyes:

We all need to be singing more at the matches. Last season at times was like being in a library.

TBH with Hull it was probably because a lot of people had travelled thousands of miles to see a bunch of bairns. Take Watford away, s**** team, cracking day. Add a better team to that can only improve the atmosphere.

Has Hull moved?

Aye :lol:

I might have made a typo but at least i'm not gay enough to have my swear filter on ;)  (ta to dave for that :thup:)

The reason the swear filter is on is because I read this place from work, can't be arsed changing the settings every time I log in from home.

Yeah yeah yeah ;)

Tbh i think it's pathetic how people think St James'will be 'booming' or whatever from the signings of two or three players. Don't get me wrong, i too have gained a little more optimisim, but some peoples attitudes totally change. Fickle is an understatement. The team will need time to gel, especially the back four, i personally believe it will be October at least when we really show how good we are.

Where is this sort of passion when we need it most??!!!

Tbh i think it's pathetic how people think St James'will be 'booming' or whatever from the signings of two or three players. Don't get me wrong, i too have gained a little more optimisim, but some peoples attitudes totally change. Fickle is an understatement. The team will need time to gel, especially the back four, i personally believe it will be October at least when we really show how good we are.

Where is this sort of passion when we need it most??!!!

Well done, you've found the right forum.

Everybody has had a lift, not just because we might have signed 2 or 3 players.  We've got a new owner, a new manager, new players and have moved on a lot of dross.  We've been under a cloud for years and that cloud has gone so the negativity will go with the cloud.

What's wrong, do you feel you've become redundant?

There should be much more optimism - a good start would make a hell of a difference to the atmosphere at the first home game - a win or fighting draw at Bolton would be a catalyst, but it will probably be a month or so before the team really starts to click, as there are quite a few new faces.

Whatever the case, the club's future looks MUCH more settled now, so people should give the team & management time to get things properly sorted.

What are the chances of the s**** being, er, 'completed' all the way round, one day?  Does the new Chairman stand a better chance at all, or are we just f***** due to the fact of the listed buildings?

Ashley is a tough cookie - don't rule out his putting pressure on the City Council by threatening to move to Gateshead & build a new stadium if they block any expansion plans...

Guest henke

I havent been this excited in years.

Dont get me wrong, im excited at the start of every season. But there always comes a point when i cant be bothered going anymore, what with the travel and that. Its usually sometime around mid september.

But this year im almost optimistic. Almost.

What are the chances of the s**** being, er, 'completed' all the way round, one day?  Does the new Chairman stand a better chance at all, or are we just f***** due to the fact of the listed buildings?

Ashley is a tough cookie - don't rule out his putting pressure on the City Council by threatening to move to Gateshead & build a new stadium if they block any expansion plans...

It isn't just the City Council - it is people like "English Heritage" and there are other Government Departments involved.

It would be fantastic to see the stadium up to Level 7, all the way round, but it is unlikely.

We can still expect the Gallowgate End to be built up that high from the corner with the Milburn, completing the 'level-bowl' all the way around (approx) 70% of the stadium. That was part of the recent Shepherd-led expansion plans, taking our capacity to 60,000/61,000.  I expect that will still happen.

I don't think I'm getting too carried away here but I think the ground is going to be lifting this season.  All of the old negativity has gone in a short period of time, it's just a pity so much noise gets lost because of the lop-sided height of it but I think the roller coaster is on it's way up again.

I can't wait for the season to start, everybody at the club from top to bottom are all going in the same direction, we all want the same thing and I'm sure we'll all do our bit, as fans,  to make sure we do the best we can.

If we can get a few atmospheres like the 1-0 win over Chelsea when Carr got sent off in 05/06 for some of the other games which are going to have a "big" feel about them like the rejuvinated Man City, Aston Villa, West Ham (Bowyer, Bellamy and Dyer) and Tottenham then I'd be happy enough.

I don't expect the place to be lifting against the dross, unless there's some incident or referee-born consternation, or if we go a goal down (like under Robson) but just as long as there's not so much griping and moaning any longer.

There is definitely a lot to shout about, even if we don't exceed expectations from the off. Patience is still vital.

Yup  :thup: people need to remember that during the matches

It isn't just the City Council - it is people like "English Heritage" and there are other Government Departments involved.

It would be fantastic to see the stadium up to Level 7, all the way round, but it is unlikely.

We can still expect the Gallowgate End to be built up that high from the corner with the Milburn, completing the 'level-bowl' all the way around (approx) 70% of the stadium. That was part of the recent Shepherd-led expansion plans, taking our capacity to 60,000/61,000.  I expect that will still happen.

Even bigger capacity, if we also have some standing areas within each of the ends!

What do you think?

Technology moves on as new materials become available, the East Stand could be extended but probably not in the same way as the other 3 ends, they would possibly even have to demolish what we already have and start again, I don't think anybody can stop the club from going up, just out.

The technological advances which have occurred so far can be seen when you look at the designs of new and old grounds, these days we have larger roofs but nobody sits behind an obstruction which is holding the roof up.

If the ground went up it would need a lot of work as all of the weight of the extra height would probably still be spread over the same sort of area.

Guest unrealterrorist

lets see what its like if we get 5 defeats in a row.............

Erm i'll pass on that mate.

That is what i mean, i find it amazing how everyone comes out the closet to support and sing just because we look like we are on the up.

Don't get me wrong, the players need to perform to get the crowd singing, but the crowd needs to get singing when we are in the bad patches as well. Loads of people on here seem to think that they should only sing when we are winning.....and to those may i suggest the Manchester United or Chelsea forums.....

Guest unrealterrorist

That is what i mean, i find it amazing how everyone comes out the closet to support and sing just because we look like we are on the up.

Don't get me wrong, the players need to perform to get the crowd singing, but the crowd needs to get singing when we are in the bad patches as well. Loads of people on here seem to think that they should only sing when we are winning.....and to those may i suggest the Manchester United or Chelsea forums.....

From my seat if i cant hear the away support it means we are doing well nuff said.

From my seat if i cant hear the away support it means we are doing well nuff said.

I agree to a certain degree. But just because the opposing fans are quiet it doesn't mean you are playing well, or winning. In fact in alot of situations last season we were playing mediocre premiership teams with s**** support and the ground was deadly silent because both teams were playing poor. It's them sorts of times when the home supporters need to be the 12th man...

Guest unrealterrorist

I agree to a certain degree. But just because the opposing fans are quiet it doesn't mean you are playing well, or winning. In fact in alot of situations last season we were playing mediocre premiership teams with s**** support and the ground was deadly silent because both teams were playing poor. It's them sorts of times when the home supporters need to be the 12th man...

Sorry didnt explain what i ment. what i was saying is if i cant hear them because we are singing then i am happy sorry about confustion. bluelaugh.gif

Sorry didnt explain what i ment. what i was saying is if i cant hear them because we are singing then i am happy sorry about confustion. bluelaugh.gif

Ah, haha, nee bother. I wasn't entirely sure what you had meant but i thought i'd go with the argumentative/debateable reply haha...