One thing that has been missing from our pre-season...

Guest Knightrider

We played long ball against Hull and in patches against Juventus tbh.

Counselling? Depression is a hard thing to get over i'm sure.

Are you saying we didn't play long ball against Hull or in patches against Juventus?

No, but as CoachHTT said... the team we had out against Hull was almost all academy and not many teams play short passes all the way through the game.

Did I say any different to that?

The Hull game shouldn't have even been mentioned, it's nothing like the team we'll play all season. I don't think the comment was serious anyway, it was mainly sarcasm.

Why not? He said we haven't played the long ball game this season, I've pointed out where we have.

I can't see what you problem is or how me stating a fact makes me suffer from depression.

It's funny how you even make positives into negatives, every comment i see you make is like "We played 7 minutes of longball v Juve, boring football"

It's not a negative, it's fact.

Prove it.

Prove what? That we played long ball against Hull and in parts against Juventus?

So you're saying we didn't, even though earlier in this thread you didn't disagree with it.

Make up your mind.

Are you saying we didn't play long ball against Hull or in patches against Juventus?

No, but as CoachHTT said... the team we had out against Hull was almost all academy and not many teams play short passes all the way through the game.

The Hull game shouldn't have even been mentioned, it's nothing like the team we'll play all season. I don't think the comment was serious anyway, it was mainly sarcasm.

Why not? He said we haven't played the long ball game this season, I've pointed out where we have.

I can't see what you problem is or how me stating a fact makes me suffer from depression.

It's funny how you even make positives into negatives, every comment i see you make is like "We played 7 minutes of longball v Juve, boring football"

Prove it.

Prove what? That we played long ball against Hull and in parts against Juventus?

So you're saying we didn't, even though earlier in this thread you didn't disagree with it.

Make up your mind.

never agreed either.

Prove it.

Make up your mind.

never agreed either.

Liverpool and Chelsea play long ball half the game.....

Baggio, I'm guessing you're a bit of a glass is half empty kind of person after reading a few threads and seeing your comments.

Come on, look at the positives for a bit, there are a few.

New players,

shortages in numbers addressed,

left back position almost sorted out,

good target man in viduka,

a more solid look and purpose about the team,

decent football being played

and good results against some decent pre-season opponents to prepare us for the league,

its not all bad you know.

Give us a smile you grumpy bugger. :)

Baggio, I'm guessing you're a bit of a glass is half empty kind of person after reading a few threads and seeing your comments.

New players,

and good results against some decent pre-season opponents to prepare us for the league,

:lol:

New players,

You seem to be the sort of bloke who jumps to conclusions Sribble, nothing wrong with that of course but I think you've unfairly described me.

I think I'm probably more pedantic than a half full type of bloke which my comment in this thread suggests, I'm happy with the way the club seems to be going but I'm not worried about pointing anything out that isn't quite up to standard, I'm talking about in general and not the way we've played, which on the whole has been very good.

Certain things like Stephen Carr looking like our first choice right back and the lack of pace the team possessed today are a slight worry going into the new season, on the whole though I'm happy enough, believe it or not I'm actually swinging my shoe's around my head at this very minute. O0

New players,

You seem to be the sort of bloke who jumps to conclusions Sribble, nothing wrong with that of course but I think you've unfairly described me.

I think I'm probably more pedantic than a half full type of bloke which my comment in this thread suggests, I'm happy with the way the club seems to be going but I'm not worried about pointing anything out that isn't quite up to standard, I'm talking about in general and not the way we've played, which on the whole has been very good.

Certain things like Stephen Carr looking like our first choice right back and the lack of pace the team possessed today are a slight worry going into the new season, on the whole though I'm happy enough, believe it or not I'm actually swinging my shoe's around my head at this very minute. O0

Start swinging them a little lower.

Trying to catch up t'Dave

'The Dave' doesn't make sense.

And as Baggio says, we've played it when it suited.

Can mean to as well....no?

Nope.

It can, actually.

New players,

Don't forget creativity....We lack it....

Trying to catch up t'Dave

'The Dave' doesn't make sense.

And as Baggio says, we've played it when it suited.

Can mean to as well....no?

Nope.

It can, actually.

I thought so....

New players,

Don't forget creativity....We lack it....

Don't be so negative Parky, you'll have Alberto stalking you otherwise.

Guest Knightrider

Aye, I was in Leeds the other week and when I asked for directions "go t'bottom of t'street, turn..."

New players,

Marvelous stuff.  :coolsmiley:

But hasn't Carr looked ok so far (can't believe I'm typing that tbh), decent against Juve and apparently today too?

Dont know if you can tell but I'm pretty optimistic at this moment, and think 6th is a definite possibility.

BTW did anyone see the Leeds protest at ken bates the other day?

Shoes off in protest - weirdos!  :frantic:

I thought the t' part generally means 'the', or can also mean 'to the'.

But then I've never been to Yorkshire.

That seems to be the general consensus. But Dave is adamant on this it seems. He gets like this during the sheep dog trials. :razz:

I thought the t' part generally means 'the', or can also mean 'to the'.

But then I've never been to Yorkshire.

That seems to be t'general consensus. But Dave is adamant on this it seems. He gets like this during the sheep dog trials. :razz:

Parky misses a sitter!