Toon Ultras

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

In the three home friendlies I thought they were excellent and without their vocal presence the atmosphere at all three home games would have been embarrassing. They spoiled themselves with the Dyer booing (although to be fair, they weren't the only ones booing), but they did the team proud. There aren't many of them, but they make a good din and are even bringing some new songs/chants into the rather tired old Toon song book. They get a lot of stick, often unfair stick I think, but they should be applauded for their efforts.  :clap:

Guest Knightrider

Smith seemed rather pleased with them, sure he gave them a thumbs up after he scored, certainly looked like he was looking in that direction, as they were chanting his name a lot. If they could get more numbers, get two groups going say in opposite ends, and organised themselves for league games, maybe get the club to acknowledge them too, they could do even better. My 8 year old nephew was complaining at them mind, he wanted them to sing the "Toon Toon black and white army" chant all the fucking time, as that's his fave and one he likes to sing :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Execellent effort although didnt they turn on thier own fans at one point though?

Not sure, if they did they want to quit that crap, never ever going to win people over with that attitude.

In the other thread someone suggested they come and join over here and have their won section to drum up support, what it just a passing comment or something that could possibly be considered?

I think it would be a good idea.

Guest Knightrider

really any need to start another thread about these idiots?

Idiots who are the only fuckers bothering their arses to get behind the team by singing and chanting, you mean? Honestly, without them these past three home games, the atmosphere would have been unbearable, to people like me anyway, who values a good atmosphere or rather the positive effects it can have. Smith will be delighted with the reception he got from them in particular. All good as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Knightrider

In the other thread someone suggested they come and join over here and have their won section to drum up support, what it just a passing comment or something that could possibly be considered?

Fuck that, leave the mongs where they are

JOKE TU ;)

Dunno about that seriously, although as an open forum to NUFC fans, they are welcome to promote themselves when and wherever on here as far as I'm concerned. I think being independent is good for them though, will make them work harder to get themselves organised and also help themselves as a setup. They badly need some good press though. Maybe an N.O none TU member can stand amongst them, take pics and do a write up of what it was like up there among the Toon Ultras, for the main site?

Idiots who are the only fuckers bothering their arses to get behind the team by singing and chanting, you mean? Honestly, without them these past three home games, the atmosphere would have been unbearable, to people like me anyway, who values a good atmosphere or rather the positive effects it can have. Smith will be delighted with the reception he got from them in particular. All good as far as I'm concerned.

I don't sit with the ultras, and I sing  ???

f*** that, leave the mongs where they are

JOKE TU ;)

Dunno about that seriously, although as an open forum to NUFC fans, they are welcome to promote themselves when and wherever on here as far as I'm concerned. I think being independent is good for them though, will make them work harder to get themselves organised and also help themselves as a setup. They badly need some good press though. Maybe an N.O none TU member can stand amongst them, take pics and do a write up of what it was like up there among the Toon Ultras, for the main site?

I would advise against the first idea tbh. We have our own style of banter etc..., which i don't think would fit in too well over here. However, your second idea of a write up by a none biased member is very good, as like you said, the publicity would do us wonders. We have had mentions in a number of places, Lee Ryders Blog, The Chronicle and True faith to name a few, but they were a decent while ago and a fresh new 'marketing' campaign is in order to attract more and more memebers.

Also, cheers for the supportive comments.

Guest Knightrider

You know what I mean, in concentrated numbers and throughout.

Surely when the new season starts, they are all going to split up (the ones that have season tickets). I think the atmosphere will be decent next season anyway tbh  :frantic:

Have they arranged a "tear up" with the Sampdoria Ultras?

:lol:

I think using the name Ultras is ill advised. I can picture a load of 15 year olds in replica shirts getting a hiding if they go away to a European match calling themselves Ultras

Guest tonydixon

Idiots who are the only fuckers bothering their arses to get behind the team by singing and chanting, you mean? Honestly, without them these past three home games, the atmosphere would have been unbearable, to people like me anyway, who values a good atmosphere or rather the positive effects it can have. Smith will be delighted with the reception he got from them in particular. All good as far as I\'m concerned.

who cares, it was a friendly

Guest Knightrider

Surely when the new season starts, they are all going to split up (the ones that have season tickets). I think the atmosphere will be decent next season anyway tbh  :frantic:

That's the problem and that needs addressed, today was a friendly, but transfer that to a league game where there are more fans and more fans who sing, plus with all that's happening at the club, we may get an atmosphere going again.

FWIW I don't think the atmosphere will be that good next season, even if we are doing well and with all the recent changes.

Most of us have our season tickets up in Leazes Level 7, dotted round a bit, but still near each other. The non-TU up in level 7 also generally seem more willing to sing than a lot of other places around the ground (personal experience, even though it is a bit of large generalisation), which always helps. This may be down to the fact that all of us lot or willing to stand up and sing, and they won't feel daft being the only one round them singing, which did happen a lot in my old ST in the 'corner', i don't know, but it's what i've experienced. I hope this will lead to a better home atmosphere in the premiership.

Guest Knightrider

Idiots who are the only fuckers bothering their arses to get behind the team by singing and chanting, you mean? Honestly, without them these past three home games, the atmosphere would have been unbearable, to people like me anyway, who values a good atmosphere or rather the positive effects it can have. Smith will be delighted with the reception he got from them in particular. All good as far as I\'m concerned.

who cares, I'm new

Guest tonydixon

Idiots who are the only fuckers bothering their arses to get behind the team by singing and chanting, you mean? Honestly, without them these past three home games, the atmosphere would have been unbearable, to people like me anyway, who values a good atmosphere or rather the positive effects it can have. Smith will be delighted with the reception he got from them in particular. All good as far as I\\\'m concerned.

who cares, I\\\'m king

Execellent effort although didnt they turn on thier own fans at one point though?

We were actually chanting to a bunch of 14 year old cock ends , who were throwing food , an water over other fans. If that is turning on other fans then , so be it.

Guest alijmitchell

Too right. There are far too many people at SJP who turn around and look at you as if you're stupid if you start chanting. Personally, i think the atmosphere will improve only slightly. There seems to be a lot of people who were about to give in their season tickets until the takeover, who will see this as a last chance rather than a new start. It would not surprise me if the renewed hope gets channelled in a negative way, with people waiting for us to do something rather than supporting the team from the off. The Ultras should be given a lot more encouragement, as they seem to be the only people at the moment trying to create an atmosphere for the whole 90 mins. At times today it was like having our away support inside sjp.

From what I saw it seemed like there were about 20 charvers causing trouble with them, throwing stuff and being abusive, and it was good to see them turn on them by taking the piss and chanting rather than fighting. It does seem they are gettong rid of the charver element and that can only be good for their image. Well Done lads.