Top three best first touch players we have

Skirge

Martins is like a statue at time with his first touch, he has at times shown great skill but most of the time the ball just bounces of him.

Once he gets his first touch sorted he will be a much more effective player for us.

Martins is like a statue at time with his first touch, he has at times shown great skill but most of the time the ball just bounces of him.

Once he gets his first touch sorted he will be a much more effective player for us.

It's no gaurantee he'll ever get his first touch "sorted" though, it's generally an innate thing. He can improve it, no doubt, but I doubt his first touch will ever be top class.

Then, he has enough other qualities to his game that he can get away with his first touch only being alright.

It's no gaurantee he'll ever get his first touch "sorted" though, it's generally an innate thing. He can improve it, no doubt, but I doubt his first touch will ever be top class.

Then, he has enough other qualities to his game that he can get away with his first touch only being alright.

Oh no doubt he is a class player but at times his first touch is such a let down, it is a part of his game he can work on and I am sure is something Big Sam will look at with him.

Oh no doubt he is a class player but at times his first touch is such a let down, it is a part of his game he can work on and I am sure is something Big Sam will look at with him.

Honestly, I have plenty of doubts over whether he is a class player or not.

His first touch can be such a travesty at times that it'll turn out to ultimately be detrimental to a team hoping to challenge at the top of the league, which must be our ultimate goal.

Unless he improves it, he'll end up as either an impact sub for top teams (someone you can throw on when you run out of ideas and just hope he'll score something from nothing) or else a mid-table team player, who'll get away with his bad link up play because he'll get you enough goals in a season to justify it (as he did with us last year)

I agree with Shak. There's a fair bit of doubt imo.

He was used as an impact sub at Inter I suppose, but I am more than willing to give him a couple of season to see how he turns out, it will also reflect on Sam as a manager, managers such as Wenger, Fergie and Sir Bobby would set about the task of sorting out Oba's individual game and I am sure he has it in him to get the simple things right if Sam takes the time to help him with that part of his game.