Sam's last signing should be a RB

Skirge

I don't understand why after buying Enrique Sam is still after a LB, we have a all new look back four until you get to the RB and we are still using Carr. Carr may be okay cover for that position but really we could do with another player, yes okay Geremi can play at RB but he is not to keen on that role and has showed how good he is in midfield.

A RB and a CB would be best but another big player at least another 6 footer to go with our new tall back four, unless Sam is planning on playing Taylor at RB.

I know we only have Babayaro as LB cover and have Carr and Nobby for RB, but we suffered enough from this thinking in past seasons, that players we have for one position can play in another role if needed, how about keeping players to play in their best position and keep it at that. If we do get enough top cover it means we can stop using reserve team players such as Ramage, Huntington and Edgar.

GK

Given

Harper

Forster

RB

Carr

CB's

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Ramage

Edgar

Huntington

RW

Milner

Nobby

CM

Geremi

Barton

Butt

Emre

Dyer

LW

Zoggy

Duff

ST

Owen

Martins

Smith

Viduka

Shola

Luque

Carroll

There's at least four players in the squad who can do a job a RB though.

Thats just it though all this "they can play there" when we need players who do play there as their best position.

Taylor could

Cacapa could

Geremi could

Milner could

Huntington could

Ramage could

Nobby could

Edgar could

BUT WE NEED A REAL RB, not a player that can if we need them too.

Thats just it though all this "they can play there" when we need players who do play there as their best position.

I take your point but it isn't the priority a left-sided player is. Carr has done well pre-season - not ideal admittedly, Geremi is more than capable there, ditto Nobby, Taylor has done well there, the young centre-backs Edgar and Huntingdon are right-sided and will be more comfortable if they have to play there and I've also read Cacapa can play there (although I wouldn't know about that tbh). How many left-sided defensive options have we got?

Not for me, i'd still take a centre back capable of playing left back. We have alot of players who could play right back and one that is capable of playing left back and he's un-proven.

I take your point but it isn't the priority a left-sided player is. Carr has done well pre-season - not ideal admittedly, Geremi is more than capable there, ditto Nobby, Taylor has done well there, the young centre-backs Edgar and Huntingdon are right-sided and will be more comfortable if they have to play there and I've also read Cacapa can play there (although I wouldn't know about that tbh). How many left-sided defensive options have we got?

Carr was ok once or twice in friendlies, lets not pretend he's a good enough player for the top half of the Premiership, though.

However, we have Geremi and Solano, who i would be comfortable with.

As long as we don't have to play Babayaro or Carr, we're improving.

Last signing should obviously be another centre half with PL experience. It's asking it bit much of Taylor, Cacapa, and Rozenhal to get through a season together when none of them have played a full PL season before.

Thing is though with our injury record we always end up pulling players from their best position to cover in other positions and lose their effectiveness in their best role, fact is we only have 1 proper RB but 2 LB's, yes okay I do not want us to use Babayaro but he is a LB.

Buy a RB then look at getting another LB but Carr should be cover for that role only. If he gets injured who would you play there? Geremi? all that would do is lose him from where he is best in midfield. Or use Nobby nut what if Milner gets injured, Nobby is our RW cover, if Zoogy and Duff both miss out then Milner would be played wide left.

We end up messing around and trying to fill positions instead of already havinf propper cover for each role..

Guest teepee

i would love a class right back - but only top class - no point in wasting money on another carr type.

nobby, carr and geremi can cover the postion for us, so unless we get someone really good in it'll be a wast of money

Thing is though with our injury record we always end up pulling players from their best position to cover in other positions and lose their effectiveness in their best role, fact is we only have 1 proper RB but 2 LB's, yes okay I do not want us to use Babayaro but he is a LB.

Buy a RB then look at getting another LB but Carr should be cover for that role only. If he gets injured who would you play there? Geremi? all that would do is lose him from where he is best in midfield. Or use Nobby nut what if Milner gets injured, Nobby is our RW cover, if Zoogy and Duff both miss out then Milner would be played wide left.

We end up messing around and trying to fill positions instead of already havinf propper cover for each role..

i'd have Geremi and Milner as cover for Solano before Carr, frankly.

You do realise Barton and Geremi can play right side of midfield don't you? As can Smith.

carr is not playing poorly at the moment, frankly.

well done, basing your assessment of a player not on his entire career for us, but on a couple of friendlies.

Guest Svenno

Looks much much better then last season

So who we going to play left back if Enrique gets injured, Babayaro is always injured.

Our new right-back can play there.