Players who are highly rated by everyone but their own fans

Wullie

As mentioned in the 'other transfers' thread, Kevin Nolan and Matt Taylor fit into this category. I reckon the main ones we've had recently are Parker and Jenas, Dyer would have fit into this a few years ago but probably not now.

Perhaps our outside fans (Spec, brum and co) can think of some of theirs. Anyone think of any others? Personally I've always wondered if Morton Gamst Pedersen is all he's cracked up to be.

What do people think of Hleb? I think he's a class act but there's a hefty amount of Arsenal fans who think he's useless, not sure what the general consensus with him is though

Lot of potential which he's failing to live upto, he needs to start playing like he can on a consistent basis.

As mentioned in the 'other transfers' thread, Kevin Nolan and Matt Taylor fit into this category. I reckon the main ones we've had recently are Parker and Jenas, Dyer would have fit into this a few years ago but probably not now.

Perhaps our outside fans (Spec, brum and co) can think of some of theirs. Anyone think of any others? Personally I've always wondered if Morton Gamst Pedersen is all he's cracked up to be.

I don't know many people who rate Nolan highly, in fact I don't know anybody.

Stevieintoon?

He told me Nolan was technically brilliant. :lol:

Wasn't long ago at all that he was being touted as an England replacement for Lampard or Gerrard. I only found out they didn't rate him when I went on their forum to see what they had to say about Fat Sam joining us.

Wasn't long ago at all that he was being touted as an England replacement for Lampard or Gerrard. I only found out they didn't rate him when I went on their forum to see what they had to say about Fat Sam joining us.

Depends on the players form, the season before i think it was when he went on a purple patch scoring wise, i'm sure they were praising him then.

Stevieintoon?

He told me Nolan was technically brilliant. :lol:

He told everyone on TT that, tbh.

Reason enough to stop posting in the same dns as him.

Robin Van Persie defiantly was, but when you had Henry and Bergkamp as the measure sticks then maybe everything else pales in comparison.

Think spuds fans are now coming around to the fact that Jenas is wank.

To an extent, Shearer.

When I tell non Newcastle supporters about some of the stick he gets from some fans they are shocked, they think he is a living legend and assume that all Newcastle fans worship him.