Tottenham taken up the Arsenal, again

ohmelads

All that firepower and no service.

Wouldnt really say that tbh. The strikers had no problem netting 68 goals between them last season with the same midfield providing them.

I'd guess the majority was scored in cup games against average opposition.

Poor excuse tbh.

Excuse or fact?

How many were scored in the league and how many against average teams in cup competitions?

Wouldnt really say that tbh. The strikers had no problem netting 68 goals between them last season with the same midfield providing them.

Think how many they could get if they had a better midfield behind then than Zokora, Jenas and Steed.

All are good midfielders tbh. Our problem is none of them can actually defend that well.

Steed's good, and Zokora looks OK from what I've seen of him. My point about a lack of service was fairly obviously mainly about service coming from a wide area I would have thought, but never mind. Shearer scored goals throughout his Newcastle career (until the very end) and we had a wank midfield a lot of the time. Spurs's midfield doesn't do their strikeforce justice.

Guest kingdawson

Think how many they could get if they had a better midfield behind then than Zokora, Jenas and Steed.

All are good midfielders tbh. Our problem is none of them can actually defend that well.

What does Zokora do then because he doesn't seem to attack that well either.

He's a box to box midfielder that attacks very well. He's shooting is beyond a joke though but to say he cant attack well is a joke tbh.

He's a box to box midfielder that attacks very well. He's shooting is beyond a joke though but to say he cant attack well is a joke tbh.

How many goals and assists did he get last season?

Guest kingdawson

I'd guess the majority was scored in cup games against average opposition.

Poor excuse tbh.

Excuse or fact?

How many were scored in the league and how many against average teams in cup competitions?

I think the 3 strikers got about 32 league goals last season whick is a good acheivement.

Guest kingdawson

no goals and dont know how many assist. As i said, his shooting is beyond abysmal but his bursting runs are a real asset to the team.

Guest Triglett

Also, should add that I think Spurs have missed the boat on Champions' League football with all the "new money" in the league, a lot of teams are catching up to them quickly, while the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are pulling away. It's not just us who are being galvanised at the minute. They had to do it in the last two seasons under their current stewardship if you ask me, and they just fell short.

If Levy finds them a billionaire and/or if they get the ground extended, I'll start worrying again. I know both might be in the pipeline.

Joe Lewis is a billionaire. Clubs below us have spent big this season, but so have we - more than Man City IIRC. People keep on saying we 'blew our budget' on Bent, but I don't think that's the case. Yesterday news came through that we've submitted a planning application for 'the development of a world class Academy and First Team Training Centre', which I'd guess will cost a few bob. I'm sure the funds are available to strengthen further, it just seems as if the management have failed to notice that gaping hole on the left of midfield and problems in defence.

Even so, it makes our strategy of investing so heavily in youth all the more commendable/sensible. Boateng, who was probably one of the best players in the Germany, and certainly the best prospect there, could prove a snip at £5m - he's ready to make an impact in the first team now, but if he develops and fulfills even half his potential in 2 or 3 years time, along with Taarabt, Bale, Kaboul and Lennon, we could even be challenging for the top spots. Even Bent is only 23, the average age of our squad. We certainly look in a much healthier position than NUFC in the long term - most of your new signings should only last a season or two max, and your future lies in the hands of Edgar, Huntington and Ramage.

no goals and dont know how many assist. As i said, his shooting is beyond abysmal but his bursting runs are a real asset to the team.

I always thought Zokora was a DMF, He is terrible going forward

Guest kingdawson

Apart from 5/6 players spurs are such an average team

Robbo

chimbonda

Dawson

King

Bale

Kaboul

Lee

Zokora

Jenas

steed

lennon

Berbatov

Keane

Bent

Defoe

All above average players

Also, should add that I think Spurs have missed the boat on Champions' League football with all the "new money" in the league, a lot of teams are catching up to them quickly, while the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are pulling away. It's not just us who are being galvanised at the minute. They had to do it in the last two seasons under their current stewardship if you ask me, and they just fell short.

If Levy finds them a billionaire and/or if they get the ground extended, I'll start worrying again. I know both might be in the pipeline.

Joe Lewis is a billionaire. Clubs below us have spent big this season, but so have we - more than Man City IIRC. People keep on saying we 'blew our budget' on Bent, but I don't think that's the case. Yesterday news came through that we've submitted a planning application for 'the development of a world class Academy and First Team Training Centre', which I'd guess will cost a few bob. I'm sure the funds are available to strengthen further, it just seems as if the management have failed to notice that gaping hole on the left of midfield and problems in defence.

Even so, it makes our strategy of investing so heavily in youth all the more commendable/sensible. Boateng, who was probably one of the best players in the Germany, and certainly the best prospect there, could prove a snip at £5m - he's ready to make an impact in the first team now, but if he develops and fulfills even half his potential in 2 or 3 years time, along with Taarabt, Bale, Kaboul and Lennon, we could even be challenging for the top spots. Even Bent is only 23, the average age of our squad. We certainly look in a much healthier position than NUFC in the long term - most of your new signings should only last a season or two max, and your future lies in the hands of Edgar, Huntington and Ramage.

I can remember people saying the same about Viana when we bought him and look how that turned out. Buying Bent was a waste because you didnt really need him, Scoring goals wasn't really spurs weak point last season it was the defense and weak midfield.

Viduka and Cacapa I'll give you as being 1-2 season signings

Enrique, Barton, Smith, Rozhenal all got at least 6 seasons in them.

Geremi I'd say 4 or 5

Apart from 5/6 players spurs are such an average team

Robbo

chimbonda

Dawson

King

Bale

Kaboul

Lee

Zokora

Jenas

steed

lennon

Berbatov

Keane

Bent

Defoe

All above average players

:lol:

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Good point they will regret just missing the CL recently. I have said it all summer but Jol will get found out this year.

We certainly look in a much healthier position than NUFC in the long term - most of your new signings should only last a season or two max, and your future lies in the hands of Edgar, Huntington and Ramage.

Or N'Zogbia, Taylor, Milner, Enrique? I see what you tried to do there, but people aren't going to fall for that on a Newcastle board.

We certainly look in a much healthier position than NUFC in the long term - most of your new signings should only last a season or two max, and your future lies in the hands of Edgar, Huntington and Ramage.

Or N'Zogbia, Taylor, Milner, Enrique? I see what you tried to do there, but people aren't going to fall for that on a Newcastle board.

Dont forget the premiership's top scorer  O0

We have a great youth squad, in 5 years this could be the bulk of our side:

Krul

.........  ..........  Taylor Enrique

Milner ..........  ..........  N'Zogbia

Carroll   Martins

Woooooo, also Barton will be a wise old sage then :lol:

Dont forget the premiership's top scorer  O0

I wasn't going to include him, but seeing as he's happy to use Bent as an example, then yes Martins as well. His point doesn't stand up to scrutiny at all, I don't know why he thought noone would pick up on that on a Newcastle board.

It's a pity you don't play with a top notch creative mf anymore (in the Spurs tradition) like Hoddle or Ardiles etc. With the forwards you have (a very good bunch) you could really hurt teams. The left side is a mystery to me.

Guest kingdawson

Just for my curiosity, how many good players do Newcastle have?

Given

Cacapa

Geremi

Martins

Dukes

Owen

Duff

Emre

All top drawer proven class

Wait a  minute, i get ridiculed for listing some "ABOVE AVERAGE" spurs players yet you have the audacity to call the players in bold "Top Drawer" mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Rozhenal

Enrique

Taylor

Zogbia

Milner

Internationals at decent-good nationsa u21 or full level

Carroll

Krul

Tipped to be great

Not even tipped to be good or tipped to make it as a premiership player. Instead you choose to use the word great  mackems.gif mackems.gif

Thats being conservative