Tottenham taken up the Arsenal, again

ohmelads

Two wins on the bounce and suddenly things will look rosy again. Spurs still have it all to play for and can't be written off when you look at the quality in their squad, but they've put a huge amount of pressure on themselves by backing themselves in the media so much.

I think scoring first and then losing affects the confidence of everyone in the team, people start asking questions of each other. We've had it at Newcastle for years. Spurs need to build from the back and get some clean sheets if they're going to turn things around. I think they have plenty of quality to be playing decent football and scoring goals.

It's hard to look past the £16.5M spent on Bent when you look at the problems they have in other areas of the pitch. Still can't get my head around that one.

Guest sittingontheball

They conceded loads of goals last season and then went and spunked all that money on Bent. Most goals conceded from outside the box, so that should mean new keeper and new DM.

All we need now is a kneejerk sacking in September and its the Toon under Freddie!

Guest kingdawson

This thread will be priceless come the end of the season :thup:

Whats your prediction?

5th-7th place finish and the only way were gonna get rid of Jol is if the board are completly convinced that either one of Capello, Hiddink, Ramos or Lippi will take over.

Whats your prediction?

5th-7th place finish and the only way were gonna get rid of Jol is if the board are completly convinced that either one of Capello, Hiddink, Ramos or Lippi will take over.

:lol: 

Guest kingdawson

Whats your prediction?

Didnt say they will happen, just that the board will decide to stick with Jol unless someones vastly superior becomes available. Think only Capello and Lippi are attainable out of that list tbh.

Whats your prediction?

Didnt say they will happen, just that the board will decide to stick with Jol unless someones vastly superior becomes available. Think only Capello and Lippi are attainable out of that list tbh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Whats your prediction?

Both have talked up the job in the media and both are currently unemployed so i fail to see whats so funny.

Two wins on the bounce and suddenly things will look rosy again. Spurs still have it all to play for and can't be written off when you look at the quality in their squad, but they've put a huge amount of pressure on themselves by backing themselves in the media so much.

I think scoring first and then losing affects the confidence of everyone in the team, people start asking questions of each other. We've had it at Newcastle for years. Spurs need to build from the back and get some clean sheets if they're going to turn things around. I think they have plenty of quality to be playing decent football and scoring goals.

It's hard to look past the £16.5M spent on Bent when you look at the problems they have in other areas of the pitch. Still can't get my head around that one.

You're spot on to not write them off this early, they've still got a lot of quality in that squad but I think they've started to believe their own hype, I wouldn't be surprised also if there are dressing room problems there that Jol hasn't been strong enough to sort out, especially as it appears he doesn't have the backing of the board.

I think they do need to make a change if they want to achieve what they keep telling everyone they are good enough for.

Whats your prediction?

Both have talked up the job in the media and both are currently unemployed so i fail to see whats so funny.

I'd be suprised if either manager goes to a club not in the Champions league and tbh Spurs look a million miles away from getting into the top 4.

Guest kingdawson

I don't see much quality in the spurs squad, tbh.

Up front they are decent but the rest of the squad is pretty weak imo

Only decent? mackems.gif mackems.gif

Spurs are quality up front, Keane and Berbatov would both walk into alot of teams, also Defoe and Bent as back ups proves the quality. Midfield im not convinced, Lennon and Steed are good players but im unsure of the rest, maybe the fee for Bent should have been spent on a real quality central midfielder. They have a quality defense aswelL, Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Bale, thats not bad at all. Robinsons a good goalkeeper aswell. I think they can attract world class managers, they are the closest club to the top 4 and none of these big name managers will get a jop in the top 4 as none of the managers are on their way out. So if Lippi etc want a job in the Premier League then Spurs will prob be their only attractive club.

Before someone mentions us, Sam isnt going anywhere.

Spurs are quality up front, Keane and Berbatov would both walk into alot of teams, also Defoe and Bent as back ups proves the quality. Midfield im not convinced, Lennon and Steed are good players but im unsure of the rest, maybe the fee for Bent should have been spent on a real quality central midfielder. They have a quality defense aswelL, Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Bale, thats not bad at all. Robinsons a good goalkeeper aswell. I think they can attract world class managers, they are the closest club to the top 4 and none of these big name managers will get a jop in the top 4 as none of the managers are on their way out. So if Lippi etc want a job in the Premier League then Spurs will prob be their only attractive club.

Keane is shit. He's as over-rated as Jenas was by some here.

King is always injured, Dawson is utter shit and Bale hasn't even been played at LB this season has he? Chimbonda althou a tosser is a good RB.

Imho Everton are closer to finishing 4th that Spurs, Everton have a good squad and are strong throu-out the team. I not sure they could attract a world class manager, A top manager would expect a huge wage and im not sure Spurs would pay such high demands