Tottenham taken up the Arsenal, again

ohmelads

Robinson isnt a good keeper, Dawson isnt a quality defender, Bale is played in midfield and King is a crock. For once I would be a lot more comfortable with our defence.

Robinson is a good keeper, yes he makes blunders at times but you have to look at the word good, im not saying hes world class or quality, but im not saying he is shit either, he obviously isnt as his club finished 5th twice in a row. Dawson isnt quality i agree but he would have walked into our defence pre-sam.  King is quality, if he got rid of his injury problems he would be one of the best in the league.

Also i agree id rather our defence.

Spurs are quality up front, Keane and Berbatov would both walk into alot of teams, also Defoe and Bent as back ups proves the quality. Midfield im not convinced, Lennon and Steed are good players but im unsure of the rest, maybe the fee for Bent should have been spent on a real quality central midfielder. They have a quality defense aswelL, Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Bale, thats not bad at all. Robinsons a good goalkeeper aswell. I think they can attract world class managers, they are the closest club to the top 4 and none of these big name managers will get a jop in the top 4 as none of the managers are on their way out. So if Lippi etc want a job in the Premier League then Spurs will prob be their only attractive club.

Before someone mentions us, Sam isnt going anywhere.

Keane is shit. He's as over-rated as Jenas was by some here.

How can you say he is SHIT when he has been a starter for a top 5 side for a couple of years? Keane is quality, if he was shit he would be playing in League Two.

Robinson isnt a good keeper, Dawson isnt a quality defender, Bale is played in midfield and King is a crock. For once I would be a lot more comfortable with our defence.

Robinson is a good keeper, yes he makes blunders at times but you have to look at the word good, im not saying hes world class or quality, but im not saying he is shit either, he obviously isnt as his club finished 5th twice in a row. Dawson isnt quality i agree but he would have walked into our defence pre-sam.  King is quality, if he got rid of his injury problems he would be one of the best in the league.

Also i agree id rather our defence.

Robbo is average, I'd have the likes of James,Jussi,Given over him.

Better than Heskey ffs!

He's also better than ameobi.. whats your point?

I just find it laughable that he rates someone like Heskey and lables someone like Keane as "shit".

Keane may not be the most consistent footballer in the world, but he's no shit!

Better than Heskey ffs!

I just find it laughable that he rates someone like Heskey and lables someone like Keane as "shit".

aah ok.. tbh i don't rate either of them-  keane is a good finisher though

Spurs are quality up front, Keane and Berbatov would both walk into alot of teams, also Defoe and Bent as back ups proves the quality. Midfield im not convinced, Lennon and Steed are good players but im unsure of the rest, maybe the fee for Bent should have been spent on a real quality central midfielder. They have a quality defense aswelL, Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Bale, thats not bad at all. Robinsons a good goalkeeper aswell. I think they can attract world class managers, they are the closest club to the top 4 and none of these big name managers will get a jop in the top 4 as none of the managers are on their way out. So if Lippi etc want a job in the Premier League then Spurs will prob be their only attractive club.

How can you say he is SHIT when he has been a starter for a top 5 side for a couple of years? Keane is quality, if he was shit he would be playing in League Two.

I'm saying he's shit because on the basis of his performances that I've seen I think he's shit.

Wtf has being a starter in a top 5 side got to do with it? Did you think Bramble was quality for us when we finished in the top 4? Or Jenas, or O'Brien? Do I need to go on with this list?

Better than Heskey ffs!

I don't agree. He seems to need about 5 chances to score 1.

Better than Heskey ffs!

And Heskey? 4? :lol:

Keane is s***. He's as over-rated as Jenas was by some here.

Better than Heskey ffs!

I just find it laughable that he rates someone like Heskey and lables someone like Keane as "s***".

Keane may not be the most consistent footballer in the world, but he's no s***!

His finishing is very inconsistent, misses a lot of good/decent chances but generally comes up with the odd moment of pure finishing class that you look at and think he's world class in that department.

Bit like his all-round game tbh, I think he's a useful player in general though. I'd like to have him on the bench, though not starting ideally.

Keane is a decent player, we could have done with him last season.

Which shows how desperate we were because going back just a few years to Shearer/Bellamy people laughed at the idea of signing  Keane.

Perhpas it's because he's improved as a player since then.

Which shows how desperate we were because going back just a few years to Shearer/Bellamy people laughed at the idea of signing  Keane.

But Keane hasn't improved since then, no?

Sheeeesh! :rolleyes:

Given what I said in my post you should assume I don't believe he has improved. Obviously.

Given what I said in my post you should assume I don't believe he has improved. Obviously.

Well then you would be wrong because he's clearly matured as a player since his Leeds and early Spurs days.

Robinson makes too many mistakes to be a good keeper. He is a keeper than can be good but then Bramble was a defender that could be good aswell.

That's the answer to the Robinson question; the guy needs to vastly improve his footwork, he's good vs shots in the area but gets "caught out" far too many times from long-range shots for it just to be co-incidence. He's not good enough for Spurs...that's IF Spurs genuinely want to be a top-4 team.

On Football Focus today Heskey admitted that he is not a better player than few years ago.

So Heskey is that much better than Keane? :lol:

Well then you would be wrong because he's clearly matured as a player since his Leeds and early Spurs days.

I realise that in recent times your posting style has changed, baggio. Is the acne getting you down, or something?

It makes no difference that he's older now, he's no better. He's like Imre Varadi was for us. He misses too many easy chances and in the end that costs you.

Guest kingdawson

I realise that in recent times your posting style has changed, baggio. Is the acne getting you down, or something?

It makes no difference that he's older now, he's no better. He's like Imre Varadi was for us. He misses too many easy chances and in the end that costs you.

For the better tbh :thup:.

Anyway your belief that Keane has not improved since his early days is about as stupid as Paul Robinsons decision making.