Tottenham taken up the Arsenal, again

ohmelads

Guest Triglett

imo spurs are the most overrated team in english football. hopefully a draw so no team has an advantage

Way things look on here, I'd say the pendulum has swung to underrated. I read a post yesterday outlining about 8 problems, which made us sound more like relegation candidates. I'd say 5th is about right. I don't really see you as a threat to our position yet, and I'd be intrigued to see how Everton's squad handles a sustained UEFA Cup run. I also reckon people are expecting too much of Man City after an impressive opening day performance. It's difficult to see past the mass of injuries we have in defence at the moment though, and our midfield looks too weak to break the top 4.

Guest Triglett

Fully behind Everton tonight. We will be pushing Spurs for 5th /6th so the more they lose early on the better. bluerazz.gif

Corrected  :angel:

Made a £20 bet with my Spurs-supporting Uncle who was up for the Sunderland game at the weekend that we'd finish above them this season, simply because of how arrogant he seemed about their chances after a few beers inside of him.

He seemed horrified at the thought and extremely confident that Spurs would still come top four, despite their performance at the Stadium of Light and the fact that Berbatov threw a sulk at being substituted/Jol is going to find it very hard to keep the strikers happy/fit them in, not to mention their lack of a left-midfielder of any description, King's horrific injury problems, Robinson's extra stone of weight (had an okay game at the SOL, mind), Jol's lack of ideas formation-wise, the powder-puff nature of their entire team (reminds me a great deal of us under Robson when we were missing Shearer's guile and Speed's presence in the middle) etc.

He typifies the reasons why I dislike them (and the South, to an extent) so much - and he's family as well.

I think Everton will suprise a few people this season, If they get a striker in i think they have just a good chance to finish 4th.

Don't underestimate Anichebe

Im not, I just think they need another good striker to add depth and competition. 

If they get the Yak they will get that. Johnson and Yakubu would turn out to be a good partnership imo. Nice blend of pace and strength.

Anichebe is going to out perform both this season in my opinion.

Nah, I like Victor but he's still very raw. James Vaughan is much the better prospect.

As for tonight's game I think it will be tight. Gut feeling says 2-1 loss, I'd be happy if we got a draw.

Also, should add that I think Spurs have missed the boat on Champions' League football with all the "new money" in the league, a lot of teams are catching up to them quickly, while the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are pulling away. It's not just us who are being galvanised at the minute. They had to do it in the last two seasons under their current stewardship if you ask me, and they just fell short.

If Levy finds them a billionaire and/or if they get the ground extended, I'll start worrying again. I know both might be in the pipeline.

A draw would be good for us. The more points both of these teams now will be good. There'll come a point in time when we hit a bad run after this honeymoon phase. Sam's teams' always seem to generally play well throughout the season except for one really really shit patch. It's happened in what? 3 or 4 consecutive seasons now? Last year it was from January onwards, and by then the end was near for him. The season before that was the last 8 or so games where we went on our run and they stuttered and eventually gave away 7th place.

We need teams around us to drop some points now while we need maximum points from the easy-ish games eg. Boro away.

I think Spurs will make a few changes in midfield, maybe give themselves some natural width, and probably give Bent a home debut. Jol was clearly very pissed off with his midfield after the Sunderland match.

Home advantage makes me think Spurs will win this one, but unless they blow Everton away I don't think it'll tell us much. If they lose they're going to have a lot of work to do, because it means Jol clearly doesn't know what his best side is.

Guest kingdawson

Team will probably look like:

---------------------Robbo--------------------

chimbonda-------Kaboul-----gardner-----stalteri

-------Jenas---------Zokora-------Malbranque-----

--------------Berbatov---------keane--------------

------------------------Bent--------------------------

Just read this on the Spurs board about Arsenal fans...

to be honest, scum fans are totally deluded. their best players such as fabregas and van persie are nothing on ours, i doubt they would even get in our team, maybe fabregas would get a spot on the bench if hes lucky, but give me berbs or keane over van persie anyday, and those are their best players, the rest of their team would not even make our squad. COYS !!!

:lol:

to be honest, scum fans are totally deluded. their best players such as fabregas and van persie are nothing on ours, i doubt they would even get in our team, maybe fabregas would get a spot on the bench if hes lucky, but give me berbs or keane over van persie anyday, and those are their best players, the rest of their team would not even make our squad. COYS !!!

Add it to the list :lol:

Guest kingdawson

All that firepower and no service.

Wouldnt really say that tbh. The strikers had no problem netting 68 goals between them last season with the same midfield providing them.

Guest kingdawson

Wheres this supposed to be from then?

Wouldnt really say that tbh. The strikers had no problem netting 68 goals between them last season with the same midfield providing them.

I'd guess the majority was scored in cup games against average opposition.

Wheres this supposed to be from then?

GGchat, look in the thread posted by an Arsenal fan.

Think how many they could get if they had a better midfield behind then than Zokora, Jenas and Steed.

Guest kingdawson

Think how many they could get if they had a better midfield behind then than Zokora, Jenas and Steed.

All are good midfielders tbh. Our problem is none of them can actually defend that well.

Guest kingdawson

I'd guess the majority was scored in cup games against average opposition.

Poor excuse tbh.

All are good midfielders tbh. Our problem is none of them can actually defend that well.

What does Zokora do then because he doesn't seem to attack that well either.