Chronicle Tonight...

kane2005

Lads, keep the bollocks out of here please. Kane, you've let yourself down badly there by rising to Crumpy's bait, you should do what everyone else on here does these days and ignore him/take everything he says with a bucket of salt.

Absolutely no need for this to descend into farce and I've deleted the posts in hope that we can keep it on track.

You do yourself and the Ultras absolutely no favours by going on like that, though, and you'll never get any support from the "older" fans if that's how you respond to tongue-in-cheek comments/criticism. We all know Crumpy doesn't care for the Ultras, it's old news, but he's one person. What does it matter? He's entitled to his opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

Let the actions of your group speak for themselves and I'll be joining you lads for the cup games, like I have done for the past 3 seasons or something now. You've got this meeting with the club, go and do yourselves proud and good luck with it, they're going to want to hear what you have to say.

Alienating fans with that sort of nonsense you've just posted here is not the way forward and makes you fit your stereotypes nicely. Really disappointing.

Lads, keep the bollocks out of here please. Kane, you've let yourself down badly there by rising to Crumpy's bait, you should do what everyone else on here does these days and ignore him/take everything he says with a bucket of salt.

Absolutely no need for this to descend into farce and I've deleted the posts in hope that we can keep it on track.

You do yourself and the Ultras absolutely no favours by going on like that, though, and you'll never get any support from the "older" fans if that's how you respond to tongue-in-cheek comments/criticism. We all know Crumpy doesn't care for the Ultras, it's old news, but he's one person. What does it matter? He's entitled to his opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

Let the actions of your group speak for themselves and I'll be joining you lads for the cup games, like I have done for the past 3 seasons or something now. You've got this meeting with the club, go and do yourselves proud and good luck with it, they're going to want to hear what you have to say.

Alienating fans with that sort of nonsense you've just posted here is not the way forward and makes you fit your stereotypes nicely. Really disappointing.

:clap:

Well say what you with people , but its about time someone telt him to either post positive stuff in a positive topic or post nothing at all.

Like i said he is the type of people we are trying to get on our side , but if he gives u no chance , what are we supposed to do?

Yes i apologise for my outburst , i have NEVER posted anything like that on a public forum before , and i am sure that will be the last , but for such a great achievement , to still get stick , got a bit on my tits and i felt something needed to be said.

Well say what you with people , but its about time someone telt him to either post positive stuff in a positive topic or post nothing at all.

Like i said he is the type of people we are trying to get on our side , but if he gives u no chance , what are we supposed to do?

Yes i apologise for my outburst , i have NEVER posted anything like that on a public forum before , and i am sure that will be the last , but for such a great achievement , to still get stick , got a bit on my tits and i felt something needed to be said.

Just ignore him, man. It's not difficult. You're the ones going to meet the club on Friday and having a full story in the Chronicle dedicated to you, not him. You will never win with certain people, you're never going to get everyone singing at the match. There will always be people who go to watch the football and don't feel comfortable joining in too much with the atmosphere. Just look at how many on here are saying "well done".

You know that a lot of us don't care for the name, but the vast majority of our posters appreciate what you lads are trying to do, take heart from that if nothing else.

Let us know how the meeting goes as well, and keep up the good work as the others have said before me O0

Surely the ultras should move to 2 different parts? there are always available seats at the other side of the away fans in the Milburn stand, some of them should go there and we would have the away fans surrounded by Newcastle fans singing their hearts out. Wouldnt be long before away fans start talking and we get a good reputation for SJP.

Surely the ultras should move to 2 different parts? there are always available seats at the other side of the away fans in the Milburn stand, some of them should go there and we would have the away fans surrounded by Newcastle fans singing their hearts out. Wouldnt be long before away fans start talking and we get a good reputation for SJP.

That would be the ideal, but I think they need more people if anything else. I can't see why the club couldn't offer this sort of thing for cup games. What about getting people who want to sing stationed in all four corners of the ground? That means there's atmosphere coming from every side and will encourage people in the middle of the stands to join in.

Methinks the club are going to be a lot more open to this sort of thing with the new owners here.

I was really hoping for another angry rant from Kane there. :lol:

kane, you'll never get everyone on your side. There'll always be cynics and piss-takers, but you can't focus on them. You're winning friends here and other places all the time, focus on that instead.

Rise above the WUM's and you'll come off looking a lot better and more intelligent. Most people's main concern is that you're a bunch of chavs with a potential hooligan element, and posts like that aren't gonna help you shed that tag by any means.

Anyway, keep up the good work. :thup:

We have a portfolio nearly complete which basically goes through everything we are about , anid what we want to promote etc.

If possible i will post it up once complete.

This is our plan for where possibly singing section may be?

http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/26333/2005805809356572338_rs.jpg

`

Guest LucaAltieri

We have a portfolio nearly complete which basically goes through everything we are about , anid what we want to promote etc.

`

Someone had the felt tips out?

Keep up the good work lads, never know where it will lead with the new board, they will be looking at lots of ideas and sounds like they will listen to you.

thats a fair point.

One GOOD idea would be to show the way to others, allocate tickets to singing areas, and even campaign for controlled standing areas again.

Shoes hats off to the lads, anything that gets the atmosphere is a good move

Guest guinness_fiend

I know it has been said before, always on deaf ears, but you guys *really* need to drop the 'Ultras' tag.  All it would take is another group who call themselves Ultras to cause havoc in another city and the North East press will retract their support and it would put the club itself in a very difficult PR situation.

Guest Chris P

Come on the TOON ULTRA'S. last year when we played west ham, me and me bro got the family section going on level 7. much to the disgust of me old man (who i thought had seen it all before). i say the family section, it should read the tourist section. There were Chinese in there looking at us as if we were mad. There were two lads sitting in front of us who wouldn't dare stand up and join in(sad). Eventually after a while the odd numpty stood up and started singing. Then the next and the next etc. Fucking lush atmosphere in a far off corner of the ground . If everyone did that their would be no need for the toon ultra's but at the moment we need them .TBH :tickedoff:

Guest Geordiesned

More in tonight's Chronicle. John Anderson backing the Bring Back the Noise Campaign.

Ando backs fan scheme

JOHN ANDERSON today backed Newcastle United fans in their bid to Bring Back the Noise to St James’ Park.

Ando – who will be meeting supporters and former team-mates on the eve of the home opener against Aston Villa at the Black-and-White reunion dinner – feels that Newcastle can build on their good start, and knows exactly how big a part fans can play in spurring on a successful team.

The United fans’ favourite – who was part of the legendary 1984 Second Division promotion team – told the Chronicle today: “Things have changed a bit since I played in that team with Kevin Keegan, but the crowd can still play a massive part.

“When you first play in front of that crowd it can be a little overwhelming for a player and some players find it difficult to handle.

“But the thing with Newcastle is that the club is an institution and everybody wants to be part of it.

“It’s a way of life up here and if the crowd are behind the team they can be unbelievable and a big help to the players.”

The Chronicle this week has been getting behind the Toon Ultras’ campaign, and with Villa in Toon on Saturday, the hope is that United fans can recreate an atmosphere similar to Alan Shearer’s testimonial in order to get the Sam Allardyce era off to the best possible start.

He added: “We’ve got a great chance against Villa after beating Bolton.

“Yet winning at Bolton won’t mean anything if they don’t beat Villa.

“But you have to be more than impressed by the start and hopefully it continues.”

And speaking on the hope the atmosphere in Allardyce’s first game in charge will be electric, Anderson says: “When I played there was 36,000 people all standing and the ground was always full at 1pm. But these days with all seater stadiums people get to the ground at 2.30pm or even 2.50pm, and that has taken away some of the atmosphere.

“During the promotion season in 1984 we seemed to fly through games.

“Hopefully we’ll see a great atmosphere in the opening game of the season.”

And speaking on the Black-and-White reunion for players and fans tomorrow night, Ando added: “I am looking forward to it, it’s a great chance to meet fans and old friends to talk about the good and bad times down the years.”

Meanwhile, Chronicle punters panelist Steve Davis is urging fans to deck St James’ Park out in black-and-white to contribute to the atmosphere.

He said: “United fans must not underestimate the part they can play in bringing silverware to this long suffering club.

“The players play to the atmosphere, that is why we always perform well against our rivals at home.

“I believe the black-and-white scarves previously distributed to the United faithful should be worn by everyone.

“The sea of black-and-white is something to behold.”

`

Lets all point out where we sit  ;D

Yes and after our meeting today , another yet to be named player will be backing us in our campaign to bring back the noise. 4000 streamers , a new surfer , lots of things the club want to do , which they have refused us to do in the past.