Nobby to Portsmouth? - "No offers yet" says Allardyce

magorific

It's ALWAYS a big loss when you lose a genuinely decent professional who cares about the club and the fans

and he gets replaced by another Yuropean w***** who looks at the pay packet only

We've lost bigger and better and got on with it.

Nobby isn't needed from the formations SA is going for, and his lack of pace make him more ineffective every month that roles on.

Good player, but aging, and its no great loss especially if he is replaced well. I trust SA to find better than him.

It's ALWAYS a big loss when you lose a genuinely decent professional who cares about the club and the fans

and he gets replaced by another Yuropean w***** who looks at the pay packet only

to be honest I've never been exactly blown away with Nobby's workrate

Its been decent, nothing magical.

Like i've said many times, too much sentiment gets in the way of NUFC funs judgment of Nobby. Same with Pav, Pav was an crap keeper that the fans sung a few songs about so he was made a terrace hero, truth is, he was average at his very best.

Nobby hasn't been anything near a good player since coming back from Villa, he's had one or two good games in mid, and did a good job in def considering, but really, nothing a £2m player couldn't eclipse.

Agreed 100%

Was Nobby a boyhood Newcastle fan or something?

By this logic we should never have bought Solano in the first place.

Its been decent, nothing magical.

Like i've said many times, too much sentiment gets in the way of NUFC funs judgment of Nobby. Sam with Pav, Pav was an utter s*** keeper that the fans sung a few songs about so he was made a terrace hero, truth is, he was average at his very best.

Nobby hasn't been anything near a good player since coming back from Villa, he's had one or two good games in mid, and did a good job in def considering, but really, nothing a £2m player couldn't eclipse.

very true

94-95 season Pav was literally at fault for 1 in 3 goals conceded

take someone like Robert, with a hint of self-confidence and ability and he can go fuck himself

Like i've said many times, too much sentiment gets in the way of NUFC funs judgment of Nobby.

That's absolute nonsense that, and i've always been one for slamming the sentimental crap that goes on around the Newcastle set-up. Bringing back Pav, Clark and Terry Mac granted - but bringing Nobby back was one of the best things Souness did in his time here (there wasn't much, granted). Unfortunately, in the two years of his return - the shit that had been playing infront and around him, hadn't even half the footballing brain cells that Nobby had.

And, in the end-of-season run in of 05/06, i'd say there was no player in the squad more influential than Nobby, in getting us back up to 7th. Shola and Bramble the only other competitors.

What a year to get his f****** name on my back. Goddamn.

Don't worry, he'll always be a legend here so it's not a big mistake at all.

Sarcasm? Whether you were being sarcastic or not - i've said that anyway. I'm not overly bothered.

Sarcasm? Whether you were being sarcastic or not - i've said that anyway. I'm not overly bothered.

No, not sarcasm.

Lighten up a bit, maybe?

Maybe he's been told his chances of playing are limited this year with all the new players we have, plus there may well be something in him wanting to be near his kids that's initiated the transfer request.

Good luck to him, a good player for us who always tried.

No, not sarcasm.

Lighten up a bit, maybe?

:weep: Wasn't being mardy - i just thought yours was maybe in tandom with Toon Taylor's complaint about the sentimental stuff.

Guest Urban Fox

Apparently, everyone hates alan curbishley and only sign for west ham for the money.  Nobby wants to play in a good team who will appreciate his skill - curbishley just seems to be looking at a list of who's available and buying them if he's heard of them.

I hope Dyer goes to w.ham - he can fanny about with the ball in midfield for five minutes then get tackled on their pitch instead of ours!!

No, not sarcasm.

Lighten up a bit, maybe?

:weep: Wasn't being mardy - i just thought yours was maybe in tandom with Toon Taylor's complaint about the sentimental stuff.

No worries, just don't let it happen again. :knuppel2:

:lol:

probably thinks hes second choice to fit into rhs position, or hes just fallen out with big sam

Aye maybe. Or maybe he wants to go down South to be with his family. There's so many avenues.

Wasn't Keane talking about wives wanting somewhere good to shop? Think is is completely different personally, from my understanding its nothing to do about the "wag" and everything to do with the kids.

His wife and kids live with him up north already dont they?

If he 'suddenly' has to leave for 'family reasons' then one possibility is that the wandering eye of a few years back has returned and said wife wants to get away from the area and the reason for his wandering eyes.

[libellous?]

I have no sympathy with Nobby,  if he hadn't of got that bird up the pat mick (the unborn child was aborted) while his Mrs was up the pat mick he wouldn't be in this fooking problem. Also think it is amazing that his x-wife has moved to London to forward her career, I thought being a X-wag is a career you only have to look at Ms Parlour.

He needs to get himself, the x-wife, the other chick & the trumpet on Jeremy Kyle

to be honest, I always thought there was more in Robsons sale of Solano than was said

You mean beyond what SBR wrote in his book: "I thought Nobby's legs were going and he weas getting fatigued too easily." Seemed SBR was pretty straight forward. He liked us to have younger players (even to his detriment) and for an old codger he was always looking for a way to get rid of the older players (SHearer included) and it would seem on the surface for purely football related reasons.

Not sure why people are critical of Nobby. He is not Ronaldihno but he lost posession of the ball fewer times in a season that Carr (or any of our other defenders) does in one game. He keeps hold of the ball and gives it to another Newcastle player 99% of the time - that kind of consistancy is invaluable.

to be honest, I always thought there was more in Robsons sale of Solano than was said

You mean beyond what SBR wrote in his book: "I thought Nobby's legs were going and he weas getting fatigued too easily." Seemed SBR was pretty straight forward. He liked us to have younger players (even to his detriment) and for an old codger he was always looking for a way to get rid of the older players (SHearer included) and it would seem on the surface for purely football related reasons.

for those reasons he should have been sold in the close season when we had time to find a replacement.

Solano was never the fittest, just though there must have been a different catalyst.

As for Robson's book, he also hinted at a problem with Solano's attitude as I remember. Leaving the Boro ground before the game was over after being sending off I think.