We can't sell all our tickets

NSG

I reckon prices should be around £25 for everymatch, £35 is really expensive when the average person in newcastle earns around £50 per day (colleague next 2 me at work reckons its £70 a day...."hes wrong" !) . prices are way over the top, people that love football like me, we are being taken for idiots i think.

Guest toonlass

Remember John Hall once said "A price for every pocket". Well bugger that. It takes me all year to save up for a season ticket for me and my bairn, and the cup/away games I get when I can afford. I pay the cheapest fees for a season ticket as we are in the front of the Leazes and yet it still comes to over £800 for me and my bairn(not including parking fees, food, drink and away games and travel). How the average joe is meant to afford this is beyond me, and £33 for one match is a disgrace up in the gods. Its about time there was an upper cap for tickets set at £20.

I've had to give up my season ticket after 7 seasons cos i can't afford it. I'll be able to get a half one then get one as normal every season after that though. 7 years of loyalty points down the piss. Gutted.

Could you not have found someone to take your ticket for this season? I know plenty people that are or have sold their season tickets to someone else but kept it under their name.

I reckon prices should be around £25 for everymatch, £35 is really expensive when the average person in newcastle earns around £50 per day (colleague next 2 me at work reckons its £70 a day...."hes wrong" !) . prices are way over the top, people that love football like me, we are being taken for idiots i think.

I'm not sure how much price comes into it, if you want to go then you'll pay the £35, it's not even the price of a night on the beer or a sit down meal.

Guest Milburnthedog

Ashley's just spent near £150m and will want a return at some stage. Let's hope for common sense for the cup games and we can get in for a reasonable fee, especially for the kids.

Ashley's just spent near £150m and will want a return at some stage. Let's hope for common sense for the cup games and we can get in for a reasonable fee, especially for the kids.

The club would rather have 52,000 people shouting to get the team through to the next round of the cup than 30,000 paying a higher price, I wouldn't worry too much about the prices for now, I expect that they'll not be too bad.

Pisses me off students complaining and wanting discounts. don't see single parent discounts, or unemployed discount, or discounts for people on low incomes. The only reason students get discounts anywhere isn't because out of the goodness of businessmens hearts, its because they have a disposable income in the first place.

Ive just finished and aye I was skint alot of the time, but I was alot better off than alot of people working wiith shit jobs with kids etc. Prioritise or dont go.

Guest WalkervilleMag

i'm a student, and a ticket holder.  thats what the student loan is for aint it, ? beer, travel, and season tickets.

Milburn Level 7 is £40 FFS and this is a cat B game, goes up to £45 for Mackems, Man utd, Libpool etc.

I'll be surprised if there are many less than 52K in the ground come kick off, but the prices are sky high and the game is live on tv at a not too clever kick off time, particularly for exiles travelling by train.

i'm a student, and a ticket holder.  thats what the student loan is for aint it, ? beer, travel, and season tickets.

exactly mate, they throw money at you. use the free 2 grand overdraft. Just do without the spice boy clothes and volunteering in fucking Venezuela. I managed.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Just ordered 2 tonight on the net. £21 and £40  :kasper:

Don't mind paying it because i love going but that is wayyyy too pricey.

Serve the certain super uber dooper Newcastle United supporters who look down at other clubs whic couldn't fill their stadiums right.

What the hell are you trying to say by this? Pleased if we're not full?

Guest maskelton

are expectations are far too high. we have a class manager with a class new squad n all we can do is fight about whos gana make the startin 11.. n big sam comes out n says how hes scared of gettin the sac... we have so much potential but the one thing we dont have is patience......sorry if this is the wrong thread but u all know what i mean.

Guest unrealterrorist

Pisses me off students complaining and wanting discounts. don't see single parent discounts, or unemployed discount, or discounts for people on low incomes. The only reason students get discounts anywhere isn't because out of the goodness of businessmens hearts, its because they have a disposable income in the first place.

Ive just finished and aye I was skint alot of the time, but I was alot better off than alot of people working wiith s*** jobs with kids etc. Prioritise or dont go.

Here here i work full time and so does our lass and she is at uni ful time but i totally agree but i do use the student discount to my advantage when i can.

Guest firetotheworks

Ive just finished and aye I was skint alot of the time, but I was alot better off than alot of people working wiith s*** jobs with kids etc. Prioritise or dont go.

Im not a single parent, but if I was I would say there should be a single parent scheme. Personally, my mams a single parent and I had to get a full time job or move out and go to college so I decided to move out. Student loans are for living on, along with my part time wages. The reason students get breaks is because theyre being educated to feed the national economy and need to be looked after, not out of the goodness of businessmens hearts. A lot of students are prioritising, thats the point were making about schemes. We can get a season ticket or be on the breadline for a year. Not every student lives at home, spends their loans on extravagances and expects hand outs, in fact I dont know any.

Guest toonlass

I am a single mam, with three kids, who is doing an open university degree while working full time. I don't go out on the beer(apart from the couple of pints I have at the match), I don't smoke and I choose to spend my money on a decent house, a nice car and the season ticket for me and my eldest bairn. However it takes all year with me putting money away each month to make sure I have the money in May to renew my ticket. I think there should be income concessions for people who are on lower wages, have tickets in certain areas at a cheaper price for people who are not into prawn sandwiches and Bentleys.

Tickets being given away for free now.

- Subject to availability, anyone buying an adult ticket on Saturday from the NUFC Box Office will be able to bring two children under 14 for free. This offer is for selected areas of Level Seven in the Milburn Stand and supporters must again enter the ground between 3.45-4.30pm.

Guest firetotheworks

I am a single mam, with three kids, who is doing an open university degree while working full time. I don't go out on the beer(apart from the couple of pints I have at the match), I don't smoke and I choose to spend my money on a decent house, a nice car and the season ticket for me and my eldest bairn. However it takes all year with me putting money away each month to make sure I have the money in May to renew my ticket. I think there should be income concessions for people who are on lower wages, have tickets in certain areas at a cheaper price for people who are not into prawn sandwiches and Bentleys.

Aye I think the prawn sandwich brigade bring in an income to the club, but if one club were to lower prices in certain areas for single parents, low incomes and students then they'd have a loyal and persistant fan base. Brand quality and all that if you look at it from a business point of view.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but: -

"MIKE Ashley has offered to buy all Newcastle supporters a drink as he prepares for the first competitive home match of his reign. Anyone who already has a ticket will receive a voucher for a free drink, providing they enter the stadium between 3.45pm and 4.30pm.

It is not the only offer being offered by the club, in conjunction with Sportsdirect.com. Anyone who buys an adult ticket from the Box Office today will be able to bring two under-14s with them for free. This offer is for selected areas of level seven in the Milburn Stand and supporters must enter between 3.45pm and 4.30pm."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1094657,00.html

Im not a single parent, but if I was I would say there should be a single parent scheme. Personally, my mams a single parent and I had to get a full time job or move out and go to college so I decided to move out. Student loans are for living on, along with my part time wages. The reason students get breaks is because theyre being educated to feed the national economy and need to be looked after, not out of the goodness of businessmens hearts. A lot of students are prioritising, thats the point were making about schemes. We can get a season ticket or be on the breadline for a year. Not every student lives at home, spends their loans on extravagances and expects hand outs, in fact I dont know any.

Too right mate. Well fucking said. I don't have anything left over for clothes, season tickets, CD's. All my money goesw on Rent Travel and Food.