Praiseworthy player? It's Steve Harper.

Guest exilim

i dont rate harper very highly. i think hes an everage player. However, he played really well yesterday and kept us in the game

Agreed.  Milner was also worth a mention.

Put in the typical Milner performance, worked hard and for the majority looked like the only real attacking outlet.

I've never understood the dislike which some people have for Harper. Good keeper, I don't really worry about Shay's injuries as long as Harps is ok to cover.

He makes the odd error, yes he does - we're spoiled because we have the keeper who probably makes the least number of big errors in the league. After some of the clangers we've seen over the past week from Lehmann and Cech, who a lot of people here would happily squirt over, among others, I'm happy with Harper as cover.

I think Harper is close to Given if not as good as him...People forget that a keeper like other positions need to play regularly to be at your best...Considering Harper never played for extended period of time compared to Given, he is actually doing great...I think if Harper was playing week in week out, he would have been England number one...

Some people probably just started following NUFC but for those who remember the Guillet times and first 2 seasons of SBR times, Harper showed everyone how a top keeper he could be...

be fair to him he did play well yesterday. hed be first choice at a lot of clubs i reckon

Such as?

Fulham and Derby are the only possibles I can think of in the PL.

Not Fulham if Niemi is fit.

Birmingham, probably.

Harper's a great keeper, wipes the floor with Lehman.

We're very lucky to have a keeper like him waiting in the sidelines. Tbh i think people just enjoy complaining, other than that goal to liverpool i think he's been excellent cover for us while our main man shay has been tending to his groin..

( then again i think shay is the best keeper in the premiership.. rose-tinted shades perhaps?)

When I came in this thread I seriously thought that people were actually going to praise one of our own players and give them the right credit for once.

How silly of me. :rolleyes:

He was great on Saturday, and has always been a great servant, and worthy deputy. We're lucky to still have him as a reserve keeper after all these years.