When Barton returns?

STM

The charge is ABH much worse than GBH..

He was suspended by Man City straight after it, its not a case of there being nothing to it and I think he is takign a massive risk pleading not guilty.

No, it's not, as I've explained before from first-hand experience:

Actual Bodily Harm

Actual bodily harm (ABH)is an act of violence that causes an injury.

It covers injuries like cuts and bruises.

You don't have to mean to cause the injury to be guilty. It is enough for the prosecution to prove that you could see what you were doing might end up causing an injury of some sort.

Young people charged with actual bodily harm are normally tried inthe Youth Court.

Grievous bodily harm

Grievous bodily harm is an act of violence that causes a serious injury.

It mainly covers injuries like broken bones, e.g., a broken nose or jaw. But it also includes long-term injuries, such as brain damage, or the loss of an eye.

An injury caused by cutting or stabbing, say with a knife, is called 'wounding'.You don't have to mean to cause a serious injury to be guilty. It is enough for the prosecution to prove that you could see what you were doing might end up causing a serious injury of some sort.

Say you pull out a knife to frighten someone, not meaning to hurt them at all. If this leads to a fight in which you end up stabbing them, you could be found guilty of wounding. Anyone knows the kind of thing that can happen when someone pulls out a knife.

Grievous bodily harm/wounding is more serious than actual bodily harm. What makes it worse is the type of injury caused.

Young people charged with grievous bodily harm/ wounding are normally tried in the Youth Court.[/b]

Grievous Bodily Harm/Wounding With Intent

This is when someone causes a serious injury on purpose.

It mainly covers injuries like broken bones, e.g., a broken nose or jaw.

But it also includes long-term injuries, such as brain damage, or the loss of an eye.

An injury caused by cutting or stabbing, say with a knife, is called 'wounding'. This is worse than ordinary grievous bodily harm/wounding. What makes it worse is that the injury is caused on purpose.

To be found guilty, the prosecution has to prove that you didn't just do it in the heat of the moment, but that you set out to hurt the person badly.

Grievous bodily harm/wounding with intent is a most serious crime. Young people charged with this are nearly always tried in the Crown Court.

I know lads that have gone down for ABH, well the ones that pleaded not guilty anyway, the ones that held their hands up to it got suspended sentences.

2 years bound over for three, so even a suspended means Barton would have to keep his temper and not lash out for abround three years.

I think Barton is pleading not guilty but only to ABH, he admits assault but is saying its not as bad as being made out.

We shall just have to wait and see, I really hope he does not go down but do not be daft enough to just rule it out.

The maximum sentence for GBH is life imprisonment... ABH is 5 years... how often do you hear of people doing life for GBH or 5 years for ABH, though?

Especially if they don't have previous convictions.

Luckily for him, Being A Bit Of A Knob is not an offence yet.

:laugh:

The maximum sentence for GBH is life imprisonment... ABH is 5 years... how often do you hear of people doing life for GBH or 5 years for ABH, though?

Especially if they don't have previous convictions.

Luckily for him, Being A Bit Of A Knob is not an offence yet.

:laugh:

:lol:

Has he got any previous?  was he done over the cigar thing ?

I'd play Geremi at RB unless Cacapa is better:

Given

Geremi  Taylor Roze  Enrique

Barton  Butt  Smith/Zoggy

Martins                          Milner

Owen/Ameobi

If we buy another decent/better RB at the moment i'd drop either Butt or Smith and move him back into midfield.

I know lads that have gone down for ABH, well the ones that pleaded not guilty anyway, the ones that held their hands up to it got suspended sentences.

2 years bound over for three, so even a suspended means Barton would have to keep his temper and not lash out for abround three years.

I think Barton is pleading not guilty but only to ABH, he admits assault but is saying its not as bad as being made out.

We shall just have to wait and see, I really hope he does not go down but do not be daft enough to just rule it out.

You don't know what you're talking about, we've already establised that :razz:

Usualy I would not bother, but

FUCK OFF!

Usualy I would not bother, but

FUCK OFF!

:laugh: It's true though, just going off this thread. Talking absolute patter about something you know nothing about. No change there like.

Strangly enough I think Barton comes across as very level-headed and relatively intelligent nine times out of ten. He just gets the red mist. :lol:

Ah the red mist, seems like a family thing for his lot, two more of his cousins have just been arrested for murder, they stabbed some 18year old lad to death, so thats his brother and three cousins all been done for murder.

Wow.