When Barton returns?

STM

Where would you fit him in to our system? Would you stick with 433 or go back to 442? Personally, i think our team would improve massively with Barton in because the back four wouldn't lose any protection but would have a more creativity going forward but who would you drop? I'd be thinking something like this:

Given

Belletti*      Rozehnal      Taylor      Enrique

Geremi

Smith

Barton

Martins              Viduka            Milner

Or 442 (at home)

Given

Belletti        Rozehnal      Taylor      Enrique

Geremi

Barton

Milner                                            N'Zogbia

Viduka

Owen

On paper, very impressive. Especially without the inclusion of Duff, Emre and Butt. Your thoughts?

How is it? he got a team mate in a headlock and punched him unconscious in front of the rest of the squad, it can carry a 5 year sentence and he is pleading not guilty, when he is going to be found guilty all the way, just because he is a footballer does not mean the judge won't send him down.

I will be very shocked if he gets a suspended sentence, plead guilty and he may get a suspended.

Depends what he is pleading guilty for and TBH skirge none of us no the facts about what happened. They could be charging him for GBH when if fact Barton and his lawyers can prove it was just ABH. Which is a different kettle of fish all together.

His people must think they have a good chance of getting off.

I suppose if you're so sure he's off down you should give him a call. He's paying an extortionate lawyer that is letting him suggest otherwise.

:lol: you think Joey Barton is the kind of lad that will listen to what he is told?

Guest firetotheworks

Where would you fit him in to our system? Would you stick with 433 or go back to 442? Personally, i think our team would improve massively with Barton in because the back four wouldn't lose any protection but would have a more creativity going forward but who would you drop? I'd be thinking something like this:

Given

Belletti*      Rozehnal      Taylor      Enrique

Geremi

Smith

Barton

Martins              Viduka            Milner

Or 442 (at home)

Given

Belletti        Rozehnal      Taylor      Enrique

Geremi

Barton

Milner                                            N'Zogbia

Viduka

Owen

On paper, very impressive. Especially without the inclusion of Duff, Emre and Butt. Your thoughts?

Swap Geremi with Smith and then replace Smith with Butt and thats how Id have it in a 433

How is it? he got a team mate in a headlock and punched him unconscious in front of the rest of the squad, it can carry a 5 year sentence and he is pleading not guilty, when he is going to be found guilty all the way, just because he is a footballer does not mean the judge won't send him down.

I will be very shocked if he gets a suspended sentence, plead guilty and he may get a suspended.

He'll not get sent down,

I suppose if you're so sure he's off down you should give him a call. He's paying an extortionate lawyer that is letting him suggest otherwise.

:lol: you think Joey Barton is the kind of lad that will listen to what he is told?

if he doesn't. he'll NEVER get a game for us, cos no manager worth their wage is going to pay someone who won't take accept being told what to do.

Strangly enough I think Barton comes across as very level-headed and relatively intelligent nine times out of ten. He just gets the red mist. :lol:

Aye, he's a funny one. I far rather have a pint with him than Dyer, despite the obvious risks.

Strangly enough I think Barton comes across as very level-headed and relatively intelligent nine times out of ten. He just gets the red mist. :lol:

Aye, he's a funny one. I far rather have a pint with him than Dyer, despite the obvious risks.

Luckily the smoking ban is in place, or he might have had a tab as well ;)

Ah the red mist, seems like a family thing for his lot, two more of his cousins have just been arrested for murder, they stabbed some 18year old lad to death, so thats his brother and three cousins all been done for murder.