Your Support Is Needed!!!

kane2005

I am taking to the idea of The 12th Man , the Smogs havent seemed to get anywhere with that name , and looking on there site and forums etc, it no longer exists.

A rip-off of the Australian 'comedy' cricket series you can get on CD?

Guest Knightrider

The Mags is the name to go for, after all who are we? The Tune Army? :lol: The Toon Army? :lol: We're The Mags. Simple, to the point, doesn't infringe on any copyright and you can bet your last pound no-one else calls themselves The Mags.

12th Man? Something West Ham or Liverpool would come out with, cringe worthy to say the least. Toon Fanatics? Howay....

THE MAGS

WE ARE

Get it sorted.

Guest johnson293

The Mags is the name to go for, after all who are we? The Tune Army? :lol: The Toon Army? :lol: We're The Mags. Simple, to the point, doesn't infringe on any copyright and you can bet your last pound no-one else calls themselves The Mags.

12th Man? Something West Ham or Liverpool would come out with, cringe worthy to say the least. Toon Fanatics? Howay....

THE MAGS

WE ARE

Get it sorted.

Notts County, maybe?

THE MAGS

WE ARE

Get it sorted.

Notts County, maybe?

PizoWNd

Guest Knightrider

THE MAGS

WE ARE

Get it sorted.

Notts County, maybe?

As far as I'm aware they don't call themselves "The Mags"

Seriously, The Mags is the obvious and best one yet, even if I say so myself. I mean, we are The Mags.

Guest Knightrider

Tune Army still the best so far from everything ive read

The Tune Army? :lol:

The Geordie Dancer of names...

Guest Knightrider

How does 'The Mags' identify those interested in singing etc?

Does the name have to be theme specific like? And I don't think TU want to focus purely on fans interested in signing anyway as that will alienate those that don't and to be honest, you don't need to be part of a group or club to sing anyway, if we are to have such a fans club or body I think they'll get more shrift by promoting a more inclusive policy about the atmosphere. I.e. instead of focusing on just signing, focus on the general atmosphere, that way they can cover many things to do with it and many fans affected by these things. If they're entirely focused on getting people to sign then they may as well call themselves the "signing end" or "signers". You don't want to box yourself in when creating a club/group. By calling themselves the Ultras, they've kind of already done that and now have to go through a rebranding phase if you like.

The Mags is what and who we are, and if any fan body were to adopt The Mags as their moniker, not only would it be traditional but it would also encompass anything associated with being a fan of NUFC really.

Furthermore, "Tune Army" is wackytastic and more akin to Soccer AM. I know it's just a name, but I couldn't take anything seriously that goes by the name of "Tune Army", when I heard that Loony Toons theme tune  and start/ending came into my head :lol:

Does the name have to be theme specific like? And I don't think TU want to focus purely on fans interested in signing anyway as that will alienate those that don't and to be honest, you don't need to be part of a group or club to sing anyway, if we are to have such a fans club or body I think they'll get more shrift by promoting a more inclusive policy about the atmosphere. I.e. instead of focusing on just signing, focus on the general atmosphere, that way they can cover many things to do with it and many fans affected by these things. If they're entirely focused on getting people to sign then they may as well call themselves the "signing end" or "signers". You don't want to box yourself in when creating a club/group. By calling themselves the Ultras, they've kind of already done that and now have to go through a rebranding phase if you like.

The Mags is what and who we are, and if any fan body were to adopt The Mags as their moniker, not only would it be traditional but it would also encompass anything associated with being a fan of NUFC really.

Furthermore, "Tune Army" is wackytastic and more akin to Soccer AM. I know it's just a name, but I couldn't take anything seriously that goes by the name of "Tune Army", when I heard that Loony Toons theme tune  and start/ending came into my head :lol:

Some good points, but I don't think they are looking to change what they are all about, purely the name.

Guest Knightrider

Some good points, but I don't think they are looking to change what they are all about, purely the name.

Oh I know they aren't just about signing, hence why I don't think a name so specific to such a theme would be the way to go. Have I been wooshed BTW? Just I can't honestly believe anyone would consider Tune Army seriously, other than for a laugh.

BTW you get, I had another good name, but in responding to your post I've forgotten it :D

Oh I know they aren't just about signing, hence why I don't think a name so specific to such a theme would be the way to go. Have I been wooshed BTW? Just I can't honestly believe anyone would consider Tune Army seriously, other than for a laugh.

BTW you get, I had another good name, but in responding to your post I've forgotten it :D

mate, its siNGing man

Guest Knightrider

mate, its siNGing man

And it's Dr wankaman

Guest LucaAltieri

Agree with this, but don't like "The Mags" as such. On the right lines, though.